Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please add Arenas again to unranked PVP rotation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please add Arenas again to unranked PVP rotation

merovejec
05.29.2019 , 12:44 AM | #11
Yes would be nice to have arenas in regs again, that is the reason I still like to play lowbies, cause thats where they still pop due to lack of players in que.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

LD_Little_Dragon
05.29.2019 , 01:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Pretty sure you get 3 medals if you win. So all you need to do is get 5 medals in the match, which I often get even if we lose.

But honestly, I think the get 8 medals thing is tooooooo easy in 8v8. You should have to get 8 medals and win for it to count
Depends on the class and the role you're playing. Some classes, like juggs, can rack up the easy medals in damage, protection, and healing just by doing a basic rotation and using dcds.

If I want 8 medals as a solo scoundrel/op healer I usually have to take that utility that turns dodge into a reflect (which is a BAD utility to take in most cases, but an extra death is better than yet another game ended with only 6 or 7 medals) and hope my teammates get some kills after I toss some aoe's around. It also means ignoring objectives since you have to follow the crowd to get those healing numbers, even if the crowd is off fighting everywhere but on the nodes.

The need to farm medals, and the poorly implemented way they are assigned, is just bad as deathmatching for ruining objective warzones.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

DeannaVoyager
05.29.2019 , 04:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
By removing Arenas from the rotation and making them pop only when there aren't enough people in the que was one of the worst choices you could have made for PVP....

Because you did that we are given a never endig spawn of those garbage hutball maps.

Please for the love of... add arenas again to the rotation. That is only way to fix this problem.

I log in to the game and first map is hutball, I rage quit at the start and reque and I get a second hutball, I ragequit again and go the WC... come back and que again and its HUTTTBALL AGAIN.
It's removed from pvp queue? Wow, I've totally missed that, but I guess it explains why it never pops.

I'm with OP here though: put it back. They are the best maps, and I also quit pretty much every huttball and odessen that pops, because I can't stand them. One of the things that irritate me most in odessen is when you are clearly running first for a battle mod, and someone from your OWN team uses every speed buff they have to get there before you, basically stealing your points... Everyone for themselves, I guess. That's when I usually hit exit.

michaelcshow
05.29.2019 , 04:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Pretty sure you get 3 medals if you win. So all you need to do is get 5 medals in the match, which I often get even if we lose.

But honestly, I think the get 8 medals thing is tooooooo easy in 8v8. You should have to get 8 medals and win for it to count
I dont know about the 'and win' part - but I think 'and finish the match 'would be a good addition. Too many people get their 8 and then just leave the match.

merovejec
05.29.2019 , 06:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelcshow View Post
I dont know about the 'and win' part - but I think 'and finish the match 'would be a good addition. Too many people get their 8 and then just leave the match.
Yup, people leave as soon as they get the medals, its quite silly actually. They should have at least tied it with the match having to end.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

ZeroTypeR
05.29.2019 , 08:14 AM | #16
8v8>4v4>Odessen>Huttball, In that order. Not to mention, Arenas are usually quick, uunnnless a stealth player decides to run out the clock.

EmilmcUgly
05.29.2019 , 10:17 AM | #17
I still get arenas in lvl 70 unranked.
_
The wisest gardener respects the audacity of a stone.

foxmob
05.29.2019 , 12:24 PM | #18
well I hate queshball and OPG but I LIKE arenas. solotion? leave the one you don't like. don't screw over everyone else.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
Not to mention, Arenas are usually quick, uunnnless a stealth player decides to run out the clock.
^ this.

quick game toward daily/weekly if nothing else. much better than sitting through any HB or OPG, but especially than sitting through vandin, which almost always times out.
Krack

Seterade
05.29.2019 , 12:29 PM | #19
how about... um.... choose your own map queue?

if arenas went up in pop RNG I still wouldnt play regs. because unless Im building 25 valor on a new toon I will never play a huttball or OPG again. I do not possess The Thrill Of The Hunt.. rng

Nemmar
05.29.2019 , 02:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
8v8>4v4>Odessen>Huttball, In that order. Not to mention, Arenas are usually quick, uunnnless a stealth player decides to run out the clock.
Absolutely not.

Huttball and Odessen are warzones. They work the same way. You die and you respawn. They are objective based, not kill everyone contests.

Arenas on the other hand have permanent death and are about wiping up the opposite team. They should not be in the same queue.

8v8 (all warzones including huttball) > arenas.

The moment they force arenas on me more than they already do, is the moment i stop my sub and leave the game. I love huttball. Just cause you guys can't wrap your head around passing a ball, doesn't mean it's not awesome for those that can. Actually, all warzones are about objectives, not deathmatches. It's you that has the wrong mindset.
The moment they all become deathmatches it will be the moment the queue dies cause no one will want to become constant fodder for premades. It's bad enough as it is and being objective based at least gives you a chance to fight back.