Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update on this issue. We know it's been very frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we've worked to fix it.

Our next major patch should deploy to the Public Test Server pretty soon, and amongst other things, that patch should completely fix the Kira Carsen issue. After that patch has been thoroughly tested and verified we'll be deploying to the live servers; we'll announce an ETA on that when we have a confirmed date.

Again, thank you for your patience on this issue.

Thank you sooo much!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a response (and not 15 minutes after I post the same issue on the General Discussion board).

You won't believe me, but that's coincidental. :)

What constitutes a "major patch"? Is it simply the big down-time every Tuesday evening? So this Tuesday we should see a fix?

A major patch would be a patch that introduces a decent amount of content to the game. :)

A patch would be deployed during a regular maintenance period, but this Tuesday is unlikely - the patch isn't on our Public Test Server yet. When it is, we'll want to give it time to be thoroughly tested as there's a lot more in this patch than just this fix. The ETA for the patch to move to the live servers isn't 'weeks' though, and we'll update you (probably mid next-week) with more accurate timing.

Edited by StephenReid

A patch would be deployed during a regular maintenance period, but this Tuesday is unlikely - the patch isn't on our Public Test Server yet. When it is, we'll want to give it time to be thoroughly tested as there's a lot more in this patch than just this fix. The ETA for the patch to move to the live servers isn't 'weeks' though, and we'll update you (probably mid next-week) with more accurate timing.

You're the man, Rockjaw! Like I said, "Next Patch" is more than good enough for me.

EDIT: Begone, depressing addendum to my signature!

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

A major patch would be a patch that introduces a decent amount of content to the game. :)

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate the update and I look forward to hearing the official announcement sometime next week.

I'm hoping you guys can clarify whether or not Kira is bugged for me. I don't remember which of these options I picked, but I did get the several quests from her in the cockpit, and I did kiss her.

So obviously I made enough progress through the dialogue with her to get the additional Kira "quests" (all of them were dialogue in the cockpit), but not sure if there's more to the story or not.

Am I safe? Thanks!

Son of a Bantha....

I sure wish I had come forum surfing and noticed this bug discussion before today. I literally just f'ing picked the Dark-Side flirt option over lunch... and I'm pretty sure I flirted with her during the very early conversation as well. So I just f'd myself...

Son of a Bantha....

UPDATE: Ok, either I dodged the bug somehow, or I hadn't flirted with her during the earlier conversation... but I went to the Jedi Council and told them about Kira, we went back to the ship and had a conversation at the ship's intercom(flirted again), and now in the cockpit of the ship she's got a mission indicator floating over her head. Big fat "whew!"

Edited by Talgromar

Just to be clear here... we will be rolling out minor patches before this major patch.

But, it's in the major patch. :) More will be revealed next week.

Thank you for this update. Just knowing the steps involved and where the issue is currently at help put alot of people at ease.

I sure wish I had come forum surfing and noticed this bug discussion before today. I literally just f'ing picked the Dark-Side flirt option over lunch... and I'm pretty sure I flirted with her during the very early conversation as well. So I just f'd myself...

Son of a Bantha....

Nope, you're fine man! The patch on the 27th fixed it for anyone that hadn't done that quest yet. This thread has been a refuge for those of us that did it before then and have been waiting on a retroactive fix.

Thank you! At Last! Feedback! And whats more, there is a fix coming that won't be weeks away! I an justify rekindling the fires of hope in finishing my Knight Missions before the end of Jan. and get working on that lvl 50 content.

Thank you Mr. Reid! We have long waited for some word. You gave us an update and even news of a fix coming. Thank you.

Just to be clear here... we will be rolling out minor patches before this major patch.

Major as in a wider array of emotes from a mounted vehicle? Or Major as in we can expect progress on the FPS Performance issues the community is having? :(

I take it this "major patch" also includes the new Flashpoint and Operation, and most likely to be released around/prior to the 1-month mark ?

Major as in a wider array of emotes from a mounted vehicle? Or Major as in we can expect progress on the FPS Performance issues the community is having? :(

Blah, get out of this thread. Fishing for off topic answers because you saw Dev activity... shameful.

Pre-27th Knights! Our Roar has been heard!

I take it this "major patch" also includes the new Flashpoint and Operation, and most likely to be released around/prior to the 1-month mark ?

I'm pretty sure the weekly patches we've been getting are what he's calling "Major"- 1.01, 1.02. Whereas a minor patch would be the 1.02 a, b, and c that went out this week.

You're thinking of a Content Patch.

I feel like we should have a party or something. This really did a 180 on the mood I've been in lately (which is not entirely related to in-game issues, this bug has just been further rain on an already muddy parade.) If anyone else is on the Vrook Lamar server, I'll probably be having some kind of event on the day of the patch. Look for Tir-Jin.

Thank you for the update Stephen. I'm sad that I'll have to wait longer to play my main character again but it is nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Do us a favor and please don't wait until next Tuesday! I know you mentioned mid next week which seems so close after how long I have had to shelve my main. I hope my guild still remembers me lol.