Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

GeLopez

It's not my fault that you're all so bad at MMOs that you need the camera to face at the enemies for you.

Also the only reason you're complaining about the camera is because you can't kite properly, right? So ... basically you just want to cheat?

Must be nice being so ignorant.

Are you really this clueless, or are just abit bored and playing dumb?

Camera snaps in random directions for me too sometimes, in any situation, even just running I might suddenly be looking straight up.

And Copeland, the camera snap is a known issue, what's your motivation in so vehemently denying the issue or wanting a fix? What's your agenda? Sure isn't "to be helpful".

To not be able to run in one direction look behind yourself and select a target off in distance is beyond stupid.

It is a standard feature to be able to hit ctrl have the camera lock in place while you hold it down and select whatever you want.

Hopefully this will come with a UI update they have talked about before. In LotRO I use left mouse to rotate as I wish and then use ctrl to recenter when I want. Same idea.

I have a user fix for the kiting. It wont help too much when autorunning past someone and trying to target them. If I use strafe and strafe kite I can still run away at full speed and kite like normal. I can use keyboard targeting to swap to mobs in my swarmkite

And to think this ^ guy thinks the OP is dumb.

Ignorance is bliss huh? Must be nice.

The fact that such a simple feature is overlooked is one of the things that makes me think the leadership at BW is fundamentally flawed.

Absolutely. On day one I scoured the preferences menu up and down endlessly looking for a way to adjust the camera so I could look around me while moving, that wouldn't end up with the camera constantly returning to center. I've been playing games for a long time and I can't remember one that had such abysmal preferences. All I have to say about the camera options in this game are

dubya tee eff

Regarding Bioware's opinion of our intelligence concerning texture options, I say to them, go back to design school, and learn some respect for customers.

Not sure if this is a new problem from the newest patch or not, But playing my jugg today i noticed the camera snaps back to center while im in combat if i try to make my toon move in any direction.

This is insanely annoying, its killing me. I really hate fighting now because of this and theres no option to change it. FYI i also use the right mouse button to turn

Also annoying is the new cooldown on powers..i liked it b4 when powers were blacked out if u couldnt use them... As a jugg, most my powers are instant and i need to know which powers are gonna be able to be activated next instantly, i hate seeing all my powers up only to find out that i still have 5 seconds b4 i can use it, its to darn hard to see that in combat..its killing me. Literally hate the game now because of these 2 things.

Edited by Crymson-Raider

I move with my mouse and strafing so it's not too bad. Although I think the camera snapping doesn't like people moving with their mouse at all :<.

So sad. I get upset when my camera spazzes out just cause I try to turn the camera quickly with my mouse :<.

I move with my mouse and strafing so it's not too bad. Although I think the camera snapping doesn't like people moving with their mouse at all :<.

So sad. I get upset when my camera spazzes out just cause I try to turn the camera quickly with my mouse :<.

Some of my abilities are ground targeted and I also have to change targets while running, so moving with the mouse and strafing doesn't solve everything.

We have asked for an option to disable the smart cam since early beta - they have never done so much as given us a response despite the countless threads.

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess they cant fix it even if they wanted to, hence the silent treatment.

Im gonna go ahead and keep bumping and rating threads regarding this anyway for good measure. You guys should too.

Not sure if this is a new problem from the newest patch or not, But playing my jugg today i noticed the camera snaps back to center while im in combat if i try to make my toon move in any direction.

Also annoying is the new cooldown on powers..

I have also noticed this happening but I think it is caused by my character auto-facing targets (which sometimes occurs but sometimes not - very wierd) in different directions such as to make them face towards the camera. Then when you move using the "w" key the camera instantly snaps 180 degrees.

It's very disorienting and is caused both by auto-face target combined with the snap camera.

The cooldown change doesn't bother me as much but for skills with longer cooldowns it can be tough to tell if the skill is up or not so I hope they change it back.

When I first read about the cooldown change I thought they were just doing away with the global cooldown 1 second grey out, which would have been fine as the GCD is only 1 second. But instead they applied the lack of greyed out skills to every skill cooldown, which is uncool.

This was the absolute first thing I noticed in beta, the first thing I reported, and it is a big issue. Its not game breaking, but its part of an overall trend of small annoying things adding up to a less than satisfactory gameplay experience. I also noticed countless numbers of people complaining about this on the general channels of korriban during the open beta. Everyone wanted to know how to turn *smart* (lol) camera off, but it wasn't possible.

You *should* be able to have the camera facing behind you, and run forward without the camera resetting itself. You should have the option to do this. To not have this capability is limiting in every aspect of the game.

As usual, this is another issue that bad players will not really notice or care about. There's nothing wrong with being bad of course, but do not pretend it is not an issue, for those of us who like to get the most out of our characters. It is an issue, and it needs to be fixed.

Edited by Larlar

1:55 this is why it is so important

(((Because I link a WoW video it doesn't mean I'm a wow fan boy - WoW PvP is broken and so is the game)))

Excellent example.

The world's best WOW rogue shows how to kite using this very camera function. Take note.

Bump.

There is no reason to defend the camera. You like it? Fine.

But there are a lot of people who do not like it, and disabling does add skill to pvp. It would be such a simple feature to add that so many people want. The vast majority of mmo's provide this option, and it is ridiculous that it is not in swtor.