Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

TrixxieTriss
08.19.2019 , 09:03 PM | #121
@alex

I do get where you are coming from. I just see it as a problem because it causes less people to play ranked and we already have threads saying ranked isn’t balanced and ELO is broken.
Guess what the responses to those threads are by people? “There aren’t enough people playing ranked”. That’s why those problems exist.

The way ranked is perceived is only declining faster because those like yourself who see nothing wrong with the toxicity or don’t care if people don’t play, are now becoming the majority of players willing to keep playing. When more and more people leave because the toxicity becomes more concentrated, you will end up playing with fewer people.
I don’t understand how you can’t see this is detrimental to ranked and pvp in general. Don’t you want the game to succeed or pvp be playable?

Tharianus
08.19.2019 , 11:48 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I agree. But solo ranked is the one part of swtor that is for more than just casuals.
LMAO Are you serious?
Group ranked is maybe for more than just casuals - but solo ranked? Are you nuts?
Solo is the same as regs just in an Arena environment...

I still cannot get it why people defend the current pvp System at all... you guys are minimalists and i feel bad for you....
Tharď
<Special Forces> Germany
The Dread Commando
Twitch Channel

JediMasterAlex
08.20.2019 , 12:08 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I don’t understand how you can’t see this is detrimental to ranked and pvp in general. Don’t you want the game to succeed or pvp be playable?
Well, a few things. First, just because ranked has a perceived "toxicity" problem, doesn't mean that that problem is real. Toxicity is not a problem in solo ranked in my experience. Second, I've consistently disputed whether ranked's perceived "toxicity" really is driving huge numbers of people away from it. It clearly has driven some people away, but I doubt it's very many overall.

Also, I'd rather ranked die than encourage Bioware to punish people for their speech. That's how important free expression is to me. You clearly disagree, but that's my position.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tharianus View Post
I still cannot get it why people defend the current pvp System at all... you guys are minimalists and i feel bad for you....
I don't know what that means.

Tharianus
08.20.2019 , 03:16 AM | #124

I don't know what that means.
It means that you are satisfied with less than you deserve in case of PvP.

- no Proper elo System
- no x-server
- just Arena ranked no other competetive modes (e.g. 8v8 solo and grp queue)
- game needs proper balancing (not just once in 2 years)
- no real punishment for traders and hackers

List goes on....

Sorry but everyone who thinks pvp is fine how it is... is either a Trader or completely retarded.
Tharď
<Special Forces> Germany
The Dread Commando
Twitch Channel

TrixxieTriss
08.20.2019 , 04:12 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by tharianus View Post
it means that you are satisfied with less than you deserve in case of pvp.

- no proper elo system
- no x-server
- just arena ranked no other competetive modes (e.g. 8v8 solo and grp queue)

list goes on....

Sorry but everyone who thinks pvp is fine how it is... Is either a trader or completely retarded.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

TheUnderThunder
08.20.2019 , 04:37 AM | #126

- no Proper elo System
- no x-server

List goes on....

Sorry but everyone who thinks pvp is fine how it is... is either a Trader or completely retarded.
Amen to that...

JediMasterAlex
08.20.2019 , 08:27 AM | #127

- no Proper elo System
- no x-server

List goes on....

I completely agree that pvp in this game could use major improvements. I'm not at all satisfied with how pvp is. I'm only talking about one particular issue in this thread, which is "toxicity" in pvp, which I maintain is a non-issue.

Lhancelot
08.20.2019 , 09:52 AM | #128
They couldn’t hurt the present state of ranked if they tried. It’s never been at a lower point I would surmise. They need to flip the entire sandbox over and start over.

Ranked score system doesn’t reflect the best, therefore the entire score system is broken. They need to implement a wins/losses scoring system and stop pretending any form of ranked provides players with any mode of competitive PVP.

The lack of balance of the classes as well as the inability to properly police all the cheaters and match manipulations are reason enough to ditch ELO.

The ELO scoring is what drives the toxicity and garbage some players dump on others in the ranked meta, and due to the money involved buying/selling titles etc., well, the shenanigans will never end.

TL;DR

Make the ELO go away, and most of the toxicity will go away too.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

JediMasterAlex
08.20.2019 , 09:58 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
They couldn’t hurt the present state of ranked if they tried. It’s never been at a lower point I would surmise. They need to flip the entire sandbox over and start over.
As I've said before, I'm not opposed to exploring alternatives to elo. But I also always feel it necessary to point out that while ranked has serious problems, it's not nearly as bad as you describe. I have fun playing ranked every day. There are still plenty of other people playing ranked on a regular basis. I don't know what your "lowest point" statement is based on.

Floplag
08.20.2019 , 10:11 AM | #130
Do you actually play solo ranked, or just read about it on the forums? I'm guessing the latter. I play solo ranked virtually every day. It's the least "toxic" pvp of any game I've ever played. It's really not a problem.
Im guessing you missed the part about people who quit or no longer play being a reference to myself.
I used to, i no longer do.
That having been said it isnt hard to see whats going on on streams and other places with the slightest amount of actually listening or reading genchat.
Denying it exist is classic ostrich syndrome.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth