Stalking the score.

ronharshadow

This mission (Stalking the score which is attainable after finishing the 9th chapter and obtaining yuun) is extremely hard to do. it says I have to kill 20 champion wampas or kill a couple of bosses. with the lvl sync this can be very hard and even then when you get to the spawn point they 90% of the time are not there because someone else already killed it. Solution: maybe just kill one enemy in a story phase that will take skills and not ask you to go around places hoping to find the enemy you would be looking for. so please try to make this easier so that we can have a fun time. Edited by ronharshadow
Reasons

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why you team up. There's that. ;) Im sure there is no shortage of other people trying to do the mission.

I like the mission as it is.

Three world bosses seem enough to satisfy Qyzen, but I noticed you can gain a lot of influence with him quickly if you dont turn mission in yet at that point and instead keep getting him trophies. One WB is 3500 points and 10000 are needed for the mission.

Edited by Karkais

My issue with it isn't so much necessarily what you have to do, it's how lopsided it is when you compare it to the other recruitment missions. Qyzen's requires a great deal more than the others do.

...You haven't started The Kindly Old Monster yet, have you?

Find a raid group, go whack three world bosses. I did a few days ago, went and killed Snowblind on Hoth, The First on DK, and Trapjaw on Tatooine. Bam, done with the quest. Took about an hour altogether.

Personally I enjoy it a lot that recruitment missions are different, flavorful and interesting. I already got the 3 WBs for Qyzen, but I intend to do more of them before I turn that mission in. Seems like that improves Qyzens influence a lot, and there are WBs Ive never done.

...You haven't started The Kindly Old Monster yet, have you?

Find a raid group, go whack three world bosses. I did a few days ago, went and killed Snowblind on Hoth, The First on DK, and Trapjaw on Tatooine. Bam, done with the quest. Took about an hour altogether.

You got me. I'm on it now. Ah well, time to dig in and deal with it, I suppose.

Okay, going through it again and I'm returning to my original stance on this. Qyzen's quest is still far more difficult than the other companion quests, and like OfficerDonNZ, I have no interest whatsoever in PvP, regardless of reward.

That being said, I could of course simply choose not to do these quests, but if one looks at how easy it is to get the others by comparison, it seems lopsided and poorly written at best. And that a Warrior or Trooper could just bypass the PvP mission... it makes the whole thing rather ridiculous and frankly unprofessional.

I will say that I like the game enough, and this doesn't seem to impact too hugely, that I won't simply stop playing if this isn't resolved. I'll just keep those missions in my log and move on with the story (and come back later if I find a good opportunity/reason to do so). But I am going to say that I don't think this was thought out very well, Bioware.

I am simply choosing to not bother with Qyzen. Compared to some of the others this is a very bothersome quest. I don't even care for Qyzen so I won't mind not having him in my Alliance. Between this and the silly, forced PvP guy I am almost satisfied with my Alliance. Then I can unsub and wait for new story content.

Thanks BW for making these decisions easy for me.

Okay, going through it again and I'm returning to my original stance on this. Qyzen's quest is still far more difficult than the other companion quests, and like OfficerDonNZ, I have no interest whatsoever in PvP, regardless of reward.

That being said, I could of course simply choose not to do these quests, but if one looks at how easy it is to get the others by comparison, it seems lopsided and poorly written at best. And that a Warrior or Trooper could just bypass the PvP mission... it makes the whole thing rather ridiculous and frankly unprofessional.

I will say that I like the game enough, and this doesn't seem to impact too hugely, that I won't simply stop playing if this isn't resolved. I'll just keep those missions in my log and move on with the story (and come back later if I find a good opportunity/reason to do so). But I am going to say that I don't think this was thought out very well, Bioware.

...? I find it odd that you think it's strange that a warrior or trooper can bypass the missions considering the characters (Pierce and MX, respectively) were originally warrior/trooper companions in their class stories to begin with. I mean, seriously? That doesn't make sense to you? They already have a background with those classes; it'd make less sense if they weren't willing to work with them again, no questions asked! I mean, even Lokin... considering the kind of person he is, him running off with anyone and everyone without getting something in return first would be completely out of character, regardless of the situation.

I for one think these quests are fine. You don't need to recruit every character under the sun, but the option is there for those players that truly want them. The current system is fine.

Edited by Mirhd

So we get pierce instead of the robot if you are a warrior?

Imperial characters recruit Pierce, and Republic characters get 4X. I like this decision since it would be very unlikely that Pierce or 4X would be willing to join up with the opposite faction. Especially for 4X since he was programmed to hate the Empire and view them as a blight on the galaxy.

Have you recruited 4X yet? I hated his mission a whole lot more than Qyzen's. 20 WZ matches! I feel terrible, for those pvpers who had me on their team!

The answer is naked PvP. I strip everything but my lightsaber and go off to war skipping around in my underwear...

Really make almost no difference since I don't have any PvP gear anyway...

...? I find it odd that you think it's strange that a warrior or trooper can bypass the missions considering the characters (Pierce and MX, respectively) were originally warrior/trooper companions in their class stories to begin with. I mean, seriously? That doesn't make sense to you? They already have a background with those classes; it'd make less sense if they weren't willing to work with them again, no questions asked! I mean, even Lokin... considering the kind of person he is, him running off with anyone and everyone without getting something in return first would be completely out of character, regardless of the situation.

I for one think these quests are fine. You don't need to recruit every character under the sun, but the option is there for those players that truly want them. The current system is fine.

You misunderstood me.

I have no problem with the concept that former companions come back more readily than other companions - I'd find it strange if it wasn't the case. But from a gameplay perspective, the fact is it's easier for some classes to recruit than it is for others. Talos's quest doesn't exactly compare for difficulty.

Yes, I can see that some companions might be more difficult to persuade than others, and I can accept if the missions reflect that to some degree. But if they wanted to give options, it would have been fairer to make the PvP an optional means of recruiting the companion, rather than the only means.

Edited by Skysworn

You misunderstood me.

I have no problem with the concept that former companions come back more readily than other companions - I'd find it strange if it wasn't the case. But from a gameplay perspective, the fact is it's easier for some classes to recruit than it is for others. Talos's quest doesn't exactly compare for difficulty.

Yes, I can see that some companions might be more difficult to persuade than others, and I can accept if the missions reflect that to some degree. But if they wanted to give options, it would have been fairer to make the PvP an optional means of recruiting the companion, rather than the only means.

thats the point though. this isnt pokemon and the motto isnt "gotta catch em all" the method of recruiting someone differs, albeit differently, from companion to companion. if you dont feel like putting forth the effort, then simply dont. i applaud them on having at least one companion ask you to do an unfavorable thing, be it pve or pvp. in fact i wish they took a bolder stance and made more of them this way.

what i hope they sincerly do not do is cave to people complaining about it. nobody wants to put forth any sort of effort, or perform an activity that is undesirable to them, because they simply dont "like it" i dont particularly care for pve, and as such qyzen is still sitting at 0. i dont think its bad design or poor quality, i just choose not to recruit that companion.

i apologize if i come off as harsh. it just bugs me when devs of mmos cave in to a vocal section of the population.

What I've found is that the trying to get 20 Jaggannath point by killing the single Creatures Worthy of Jagannath is next to impossible at certain time of the day with people camping the respawn spots thinking that because they're camping that spot no one else is allowed to get it when it respawns :rolleyes: I was running around one night in the Highmount Ridge area and literally had someone whisper me to get lost as this was "their" spot and not mine.

I've been joining groups for the WB's but these groups are starting to die off a little now so it's getting harder and harder for alts to do WB's when no one wants to do them anymore as they already have Qyzen.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

What I've found is that the trying to get 20 Jaggannath point by killing the single Creatures Worthy of Jagannath is next to impossible at certain time of the day with people camping the respawn spots thinking that because they're camping that spot no one else is allowed to get it when it respawns :rolleyes: I was running around one night in the Highmount Ridge area and literally had someone whisper me to get lost as this was "their" spot and not mine.

I've been joining groups for the WB's but these groups are starting to die off a little now so it's getting harder and harder for alts to do WB's when no one wants to do them anymore as they already have Qyzen.

lol...had someone call me names because I came in attacking enemies before they even moved from their camping spot.

If I attack something second, I'll back off, but the enemy spawned and I quickly threw my saber and phased walked wight into the enemy, before they moved. I don't care if they were there for 10 minutes, I hit that enemy first. It was like I was stealing the clickies while they attacked the enemies gaurding them, like was down to me many times :p

it says I have to kill 20 champion wampas or kill a couple of bosses. with the lvl sync this can be very hard and even then when you get to the spawn point they 90% of the time are not there because someone else already killed it. Solution: maybe just kill one enemy in a story phase that will take skills and not ask you to go around places hoping to find the enemy you would be looking for. so please try to make this easier so that we can have a fun time.

If killing the wampas (they aren't all wampas by the way) is hard, fix your gear and/or play your class better.

I'm doing this one on a commando. I have a mix of 200-blue random drops, 208, 216 and 220 purple comms gear from fleet, a 216 purple HBG I made myself (Armstech 500), and a couple of pathetic 178-blue relics. My companion is a rank 17 Lana. The worthy foes go down in about 15 seconds each.

And for the not-available problem, as the others said, group up.

No, this quest is fine the way it is.

What I wish is if we've already killed more than 3 world bosses <before 4.0 hit>, it would take our achievements <its in our codex as "epic enemies" already -- into account and we could skip over this quest.

Would be nice, but from both a game play POV and a lore-oriented one, it isn't valid. Did you keep a trophy of the time you killed SD-0? I know I didn't. No trophy, no points.

So no support from me, and I have a character with a kill history for SD-0.

This mission is ridiculous, quite simply. For a start, my character, a Sith Sorcerer, would simply have told Qyzen to join her or die. Secondly, there's nowhere near enough targets, especially thanks to people camping.

This and the warzone mission ask far too much in exchange for far too little.

I'm probably in the minority but I quite like this mission. It doesn't take too much effort to find out where a few of the champions mobs are. Get yourself into a pattern of checking locations and by the time you return to the first location they've generally respawned. That, or switch instances.

I do this early evening/night (AEST) once my girls are in bed - cruising around Hoth for ~30 minutes chills me out (no pun intended :p) and switches my brain off after a rough day :)

I think everyone who hates this is trying to camp it. Don't. Camping one spawn doesn't work. They rotate and only so many are up at once. You can be staring at snow all day if someone doesn't kill the ones you aren't looking for.

Best strategy is to use your quick travel to bounce between regions. If one is down, another should be up.

Edited by Canareth

I found a quiet little place and yes, I camped --- but to make it work ( and be fair to others) I'd log on and then off --- several times a day till I got all 20 kills -- it's not hard, it takes some time and just sticking to it --- try camping in the early hours of the am of your server, on week days ( when the kids are in bed) -- it seemed to help greatly