How do I find one particular boss?

Rabenschwinge

I am trying to acquire this item:

http://www.torhead.com/item/aQWlKBy/inspiration-vest

But other than the world were the bosses that drop these items can be found it does say anything about where to find them.

There is an identical looking [Prototype] Inspiration Vest which is dropped by the World Boss on Taris, but I gotta pretty lucky to get first a team assembled, second have that item dropping and thirdly win the vote for it... So I'd rather try my luck with the simpler version... if I could find the bosses.

Unless a average equipped high level character can solo Taris' world boss. Hmmm.... is it possible to transfer such a drop item via mail to another character of the same account in the 2 hours time frame after you get it? The character I want it for is level 46, but I could come up with a level 50 shadow in a mix of Rakata and Columi gear...

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I am trying to acquire this item:

http://www.torhead.com/item/aQWlKBy/inspiration-vest

But other than the world were the bosses that drop these items can be found it does say anything about where to find them.

There's 4 bosses listed under "Dropped By" on that page (and each of them have comments on their pages) and 3 comments listed on the page you linked. I don't really understand why you can't find where they drop.

If you're on POT5 Pub side, I can solo Subject Alpha on my Commando. Send a message to one of the chars in my sig if you ever need help downing him. I'll pass on anything that drops as it's all BoP.

EDIT: Remembered Tor-Fashion exists. This look pretty similar . Definitely the same model with different colors. I have seen one the color you're looking for on there just can't remember the name (it might have been light armor though, same model). Look around on there, maybe you'll find a similar one.

Edited by Capt_Beers

I have farmed these off of Kaemon Zahor on Nar Shadda Imp side. He drops them fairly regularly. The nice thing about Kaemon is he is on a 5 minute respawn timer. He's straightforward to solo from about level 27 up if you are careful about what you are doing.

Should be some on the GTN with some regularity as well.

Kaemons drops are all bind on equip.. so you can freely sell them, mail them, etc.

Edited by Andryah

I'm not positive, but that might also be the imp-only version in the screenshots shown. So it might have a different name/look rep side if that's what you are playing.

Same name, different style. It can be mailed to the other side if you happen to find it on the opposing faction as well.

:cool:

Same name, different style. It can be mailed to the other side if you happen to find it on the opposing faction as well.

A, thanks, that's what I needed to hear.

So let me get this straight: It has the same name and drops, at least in part, by the same bosses, but it is a different item, depending who kills that boss, and when you mail from an imp to a rep character it remains the imp item?

Fortunately this is for a chiss Jedi Knight. I suppose her mom could help her with her wardrobe without the Empire finding out. Must be worth something being a free agent.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

There's 4 bosses listed under "Dropped By" on that page (and each of them have comments on their pages) and 3 comments listed on the page you linked. I don't really understand why you can't find where they drop.

I overlooked that there is a comment section on the bosses. I clicked them and looked for a location, but I didn't see one. However, the additional comments in this thread should be extremely helpful either way.

(Thanks for the good hints everyone.)

So let me get this straight: It has the same name and drops, at least in part, by the same bosses, but it is a different item, depending who kills that boss, and when you mail from an imp to a rep character it remains the imp item?

Fortunately this is for a chiss Jedi Knight. I suppose her mom could help her with her wardrobe without the Empire finding out. Must be worth something being a free agent.

The item switches appearances depending on the character's faction its currently being held by. So unfortunately if you give it to a pub character it will turn into a long brown robe. :(

The item switches appearances depending on the character's faction its currently being held by. So unfortunately if you give it to a pub character it will turn into a long brown robe. :(

Thus spoke Kira: It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire.

The graphic image you showed was for Imperial. It will look nothing like that for a Jedi Knight. So you need to look further IMO for an outfit for your Chiss Knight. Personally, I use the Strategist vest, pants, and boots for my Jedi Knights. Pick the right headpiece and the hood on the vest will be in the down position as well. Good looking set of gear IMO.

Edited by Andryah

The item that drops is determined randomly ( I don't think it matters who gets the kill shot), but is modified by the types of armor worn by those in your group. If you have more Heavy Armor types in your group, you will be more likely to see the Indignation chest drop (the Heavy Armor version). If you have more Medium Armor types you will be more likely to get the Inspiration chest drop you want. Of course, class matters too. You'll want to have a group of mostly force users to have the best chance.

If you have someone who can solo it, you can go that way too, but being much higher level than the enemies does seem to reduce the chances to get a good drop.

Edited by Blackavaar

The graphic image you showed was for Imperial. It will look nothing like that for a Jedi Knight. So you need to look further IMO for an outfit for your Chiss Knight. Personally, I use the Strategist vest, pants, and boots for my Jedi Knights. Pick the right headpiece and the hood on the vest will be in the down position as well. Good looking set of gear IMO.

Hm. The reason I wanted it was that I actually found one for my imperial agent. I put it on, so it was bound, but I didn't like the look for an agent, due to the skirt part that comes with it and it was all too bright. Currently my knight wears Aspiring Knight stuff, because I like to show some blue skin without running around virtually naked.

Of those listed here I like the "Resilient Lacquerous Republic Appearance" best: http://www.acumen-gaming.com/board/printthread.php?tid=226 Even though it is frustratingly brown, - unlike the strategist vest. I'll have to think about it. Of course the Resilient Lacquerous stuff also has a hood. I should probably get all variants and try them in turns. :cool:

Edited by Rabenschwinge