Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The potential of EverQuest Next

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
The potential of EverQuest Next

CelCawdro
10.10.2014 , 03:53 AM | #1
Anyone else following this game? It's probably the most difficult game to follow out there - I would say it has the worst marketing of any game out there, but I guess I'm aware of it, so it can't be totally terrible. But anyway, what do you guys think? It looks to be the polar opposite of SW:TOR - I'll gladly play both when it releases.

Edzew
10.10.2014 , 04:42 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Anyone else following this game? It's probably the most difficult game to follow out there - I would say it has the worst marketing of any game out there, but I guess I'm aware of it, so it can't be totally terrible. But anyway, what do you guys think? It looks to be the polar opposite of SW:TOR - I'll gladly play both when it releases.
i believe its still a bit early in its development isn't it?? that may be why its hard to follow. i think once it gets into beta we will start hearing more about it.

to me it looks very interesting!! i have been in Landmark for a while now and have been loving that, though i really need to upgrade my computer quite a bit to play it smoothly, right now its very choppy with the set up i have B^P i would expect the same from ever quest next.
Click Here for a free inventory slot!!!

CelCawdro
10.11.2014 , 01:30 AM | #3
Aye, it's the exact same engine. That being said, it's word on the street (ie. word from the president of SOE) is that EQN will be in the hands of the players sometime next year. That's not that far off, at all.

Edzew
10.11.2014 , 08:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Aye, it's the exact same engine. That being said, it's word on the street (ie. word from the president of SOE) is that EQN will be in the hands of the players sometime next year. That's not that far off, at all.
i have a feeling, and i kinda hope, it will be late next year. they don't need to rush and put it out too early and it be rittleed with bugs, they should have learned that from their past and other games like this ones launch.

not to mention if it is late next year it give me more time to build a new computer for it

Callaron
10.11.2014 , 11:57 AM | #5
It definitely looks interesting. I liked the whole "storybricks" thing they're going with.
It should make the world feel alive if it works as intended.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Lotharofxev
10.12.2014 , 02:52 AM | #6
I was in Landmark for a bit. Originally that game was going to be used to help develop Next, then fade away. However, (and I stopped playing about three months ago), the devs dropped "EQ" and now it is simply known as Landmark.

(Landmark is quite different than the traditional MMORPG. Not 'Eve' different, but different)

I'm intrigued with Next. EQ was an addiction for many years and since McQuaid won't be involved (hopefully), I think it might be worth a look.

Kiyoko-
10.12.2014 , 05:14 AM | #7
I have a question about it please:
I have no interest in Minecraft or building big buildings. That is cool, but it's just not what I want to do in a game.
Would EQN still be worthwhile to me? Or would I be just be missing a big feature and part of it?
(I ask because I get the feeling that it is a sort of Minecraft MMO. I could be wrong.)
Thanks!

WSRB
10.12.2014 , 10:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyoko- View Post
I have no interest in Minecraft or building big buildings. That is cool, but it's just not what I want to do in a game.
Would EQN still be worthwhile to me? Or would I be just be missing a big feature and part of it?
(I ask because I get the feeling that it is a sort of Minecraft MMO. I could be wrong.)
Thanks!
Landmark is the building part of the game, and it's literally a separate game. EQN is more of a standard MMO, but gets back to the old days of free roaming questing and discovering the world as opposed to the WoW model of the largely singular route to max level with little to no tangible rewards for exploring the world.

Edzew
10.12.2014 , 04:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WSRB View Post
Landmark is the building part of the game, and it's literally a separate game. EQN is more of a standard MMO, but gets back to the old days of free roaming questing and discovering the world as opposed to the TOR model of the largely singular route to max level with little to no tangible rewards for exploring the world.
fixed it for ya... mostly kuz WoW you can actually level by exploring and doing other things other than follow the story path. granted it usually takes longer but you can do it. also WoW rewords you for exploring with achievements, titles, and tabards.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyoko- View Post
Thanks!
EverQuest Next is sorta like most other MMORPGs if you want to know more you should check out some of their youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgPuEl5Nuk

Edzew
10.12.2014 , 04:45 PM | #10
ok i just found out it will also be on PS4... not sure how i feel about that.. usually when they try and make a MMORPG for a console they tend to dumb everything down and that really worries me. i was really looking forward to this game up until i saw that... now im not sure.