Sage Seer stats

ndowens

What is the optimal gearing regarding crit and alactrity numbers for Sage/Sorc heals

I like 2063 alacrity rating because it keeps the cast time for Benevolence below the 1.3s global cooldown at that same alacrity rating. But, otherwise, the goal alacrity rating would be the same 1857+ that it is for most other classes. 1857 alacrity rating is just enough to get you to 15.39% alacrity percentage which is the breakpoint for a 1.3 second global cooldown. Some may argue that if I'm actually casting benevolence instead of using it after the proc then I'm doing it wrong, and they very well could be right.

Since all healing is Force or Tech based, there is a good argument that critical rating is optimal well beyond the 1800 level that is reported to be ideal for dps classes that are heavily weapon-damage based (for example, Sharpshooter Gunslingers.) The math has been done on that dps debate and probably for weapon-damage-heavy classes, once you get to around 1800 crit, you can afford to point some points into mastery. But, that threshold is several hundred points higher for F/T attacks. I think its been estimated at 2300 critical rating? Based on that theorycrafting, I tend to run with as high a crit as I can with my 2063 alacrity.

Some Seer Sages/Corruption Sorcs will run a little bit of accuracy just to ensure their dps attacks and interrupts don't miss. I've only seen this argument made with master-mode level raiders because they feel that in general the healing checks in most master mode operation encounters are not as tough as the dps checks. Since I don't do any MM ops content on any consistent basis, and I don't feel confident enough to say that I'd be able to easily meet those checks, I choose not to stack any accuracy. You definitely do not need any accuracy for your heals ... it would only be for dealing damage in high-end pve or pvp content. An Advanced Proficient stim gives you enough accuracy to get a little over 104% (assuming only the legacy companion 1% permastat bonus).

I am by no means an expert but I haven't seen anyone else reply to your post, so I thought I'd give you a filthy casual's take on things.