Distortion Field Is Not Breaking Missile Lock Attempts

Korithras

I am not crazy. This does not work. I've posted about it before. I know it doesn't interrupt a missile in flight, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about I hear the alert that I'm being locked up, I hit the button. Nothing happens. The missile then locks on, and it's headed my way.

I do lag, nor do I have a slow connection. I sit in double digits in terms of my ping nearly constantly. My computer is custom built for the sole purpose of gaming and has specs that shrug off the requirements placed by swtor and laugh.

I don't know if it's only something with scouts, since that's what I primarily play, and it works fine for other ship types? But it's not working.

Edited by Korithras

I tink the sentry drones have no sounds

No I know that, it's not the drones. I'm talking about when a player is actively targeting and tracking me to lock on a missile or torpedo. Not the drones deployed by bombers.

Sounds to me like a talent selector issue.

I'd check and make sure it's set right. I use DF, since it's about the only sure way to dodge missiles anymore.

Clarify please, what do you mean by make sure it's set right, talent selector issues?

Clarify please, what do you mean by make sure it's set right, talent selector issues?

The t3 upgrades for shield and engine abilities, and the t4-5 upgrades for all other major components, are" pick one", not "get both". Sometimes they get reset accidentally. Make sure the correct one is highlighted.

The t3 upgrades for shield and engine abilities, and the t4-5 upgrades for all other major components, are" pick one", not "get both". Sometimes they get reset accidentally. Make sure the correct one is highlighted.

Yeah, this happened to me just yesterday, for the first time ever. I played two matches before I realized something was amiss. And in my case, the disto field lock break was indeed one of the three components that was magically switched/reset.

Another was the ion lolgun T4 upgrade. That's what tipped me off. Kinda obvious when the AOE isn't working at all.

If for any reason you change a component it defaults to the left most choice if you a a choice tier unlocked. This still Helens even when you switch back.

• 7 months later...
Yeah, there are a couple of other posts up regarding this as well. It seems as if 3.0 broke a lot of tier upgrades, including Distortion Field's missile break. Also broken in some capacity are Targeting Telemetry, Tensor Field, Interdiction Drone, Repair Drone, Repair Probe, and Ion Railgun (I think). There are probably more out there, but those are the only ones I could personally verify.