Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mikel_p
08.31.2017 , 06:06 PM | #1891
You did it! the game is fixed! Thank you so much!

Sattee
08.31.2017 , 06:06 PM | #1892
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
Sorry, but his tone was. He as always didn't hear what people said and went all "FINE, MOVING ON." The way this was done was downright insulting, and I happen to feel insulted.
Oh goodness

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 06:07 PM | #1893
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Although we extensively test all of our updates at all stages of the process, the missing parts just caused enough oddball problems, we had to take the game down again to figure out what was going on. In reality, had I been a little more patient, we would have caught the issues beforehand, yet the long downtime would not have been avoided. In addition, not everything we had planned to fix is actually included. For example, we have resolved the exploit with the Umbara Stronghold, but it didn’t make it in the 5.4a patch. Therefore, we have our normal infrastructure maintenance planned for next Wednesday, so our current plan is to deploy the change at that time. We implore you to not participate in this exploit as we don’t want any further disruptions in your game play.
Do I understand that correctly, you didn't get the fix out for what you actually wanted to fix today? Sigh. But no worries, I for one won't use the exploit.

Quote:
Players lost time today, especially in the EU, is anything being done?
Losing playtime is always painful, especially when there is a “double” event running and Dailies awarding crazy high CXP. I’m kicking around a variety of options with the team, as we want to apologize and reward your patience. Some of you have asked to have our Double XP/CXP event extended and others have asked us to keep the current CXP amounts for the Daily Areas. Others have asked for different compensation, and we’re looking at all options as the last couple weeks have been tough on all of us. We’ll lock down what exactly we’re doing and let you know in the coming days.

Again, thank you all for your patience today.

--Keith- [/color]
The loss of playtime isn't even what I am pissed off about, I have had upgrades blow up on me and know how it can happen. But the tauntaun fawn codes was truly the crowning achievement of disrespect. Let me BUY the damned thing and forget about this whole mess, because truly, I feel done with the way customers are treated here.

Markoveli
08.31.2017 , 06:08 PM | #1894
Back to dancing on fleet lololol
Markoveli

Spyderwoman
08.31.2017 , 06:08 PM | #1895
ANyone else having issues patching now? I get to 87.5% installed and it stalls and does nothing...
Click http://www.swtor.com/r/rxqdKl for free 7 days subscription, bundle pack of goodies, a free transfer and more.

ThEeLcOnDoR
08.31.2017 , 06:11 PM | #1896
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwoman View Post
ANyone else having issues patching now? I get to 87.5% installed and it stalls and does nothing...
Do you have BitRaider disabled? That solves 99% of launcher and game issues for me, and customer support were the ones who suggested it be disabled.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
Darth Scorpio | SW:TOR Enthusiast-12x XP Master.
300+ on Darth Malgus! 156 on Satele Shan!
Follow SWTOR on Twitter @SWTOR | Like SWTOR on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q]

AnnieLightJedi
08.31.2017 , 06:12 PM | #1897
I'm satisfied with the Dev Teams apology. Still holding out for some compensation other than XP though. I understand that a vast majority of players, especially younger, are very concerned with leveling fast, but personally I enjoy games with slower paced leveling systems. A otherwise unobtainable item, microtranction currency (which I personally do not support in any game, not singling out BW / EA), or even an extended sub would all be options that I would find beneficial. But I do understand that a lot fo other players would like to see the lost XP corrected, so if that is the line of action taken it's understandable. As a fellow web developer/software engineer, thank you for clarifying the issue, the length of the maintenence makes a lot more sense now. Cheers, Dan

Biobubba
08.31.2017 , 06:14 PM | #1898
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwoman View Post
I have the same issue,i get to 56% and then nothing. and yes I have bitraider disabled.

Spyderwoman
08.31.2017 , 06:16 PM | #1899
Quote: Originally Posted by ThEeLcOnDoR View Post
Do you have BitRaider disabled? That solves 99% of launcher and game issues for me, and customer support were the ones who suggested it be disabled.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
No i dont, but i did reboot computer and now it seems to be working, thanks!
Click http://www.swtor.com/r/rxqdKl for free 7 days subscription, bundle pack of goodies, a free transfer and more.

Spyderwoman
08.31.2017 , 06:17 PM | #1900
Quote: Originally Posted by Biobubba View Post
I have the same issue,i get to 56% and then nothing. and yes I have bitraider disabled.
Rebooting fixed mine, try rebooting your computer.