Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 05:47 PM | #1871
Couldn't sleep, decided to run launcher to see if there was a patch and I'm in game.

Looks like a tiny rollback but I'm not even 100% sure on that...if there is, it's a matter of minutes. Sure hope this holds and there's no more drama for awhile.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 05:47 PM | #1872
Quote: Originally Posted by Durokon View Post
I never once said anything about it being easy. Its sheer incompetence on Bioware's part. They have a PTR to test things out on before pushing them to the live servers, but instead, they completely screw up and push it to live anyways. One prime example is the recently additon of the Crisis on Umbara flashpoint, which got 2 extra days of QA, and yet THEY STILL RELEASED IT, BUGGED TO HELL AND BACK.

But no, please do tell me about how it has anything to do with coding.
Nah, the incompetence is at the management level, and that's above the couple of employees that post in here.

Phenglei
08.31.2017 , 05:48 PM | #1873
Quote:
All SWTOR servers are once again available. Get in there, friends, and thank you for your patience today.
Yeah, I think I'd rather wait for a little while to see if anybody storms the forums saying, "Hey, what's wrong with this, this, this, and this?!" before I try logging into any of my characters.
"What I mean is ... Yes, they are blue berries, but they're not necessarily blueberries. Because while all blueberries are blue berries, not all blue berries are blueberries. You see?"

Sattee
08.31.2017 , 05:49 PM | #1874
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
He tried to keep the crowd calm and it backfired. And he went huffy when people were not sufficiently grateful. I'll grant that he maybe didn't mean to come over like that, but it sure was not handled well.

Nope, he didn't get huffy, people wanted more than what he could give, and he couldn't please everyone, so that was the end of that. Eric was one of the very few people on the forum, not huffy. He's got the worst job out of all of them, dealing with hot heads on the forums.

Sith_Holocron
08.31.2017 , 05:49 PM | #1875
Quote: Originally Posted by Irrazius View Post
Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

To the rest of the fanbase, instead of asking every five to ten minutes, what's the ETA? Just go outside or play something else for now. The more time you spend bugging the developers on the uptime of the game, it's time they have to spend looking at everybody's posts, and less time spent trying to figure out the cause of all the issues with the hotfix, like we can talk general discussion, but leave the developers in peace for now, until they can give us a timeframe in which they'll have everything working again.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3
This seems like a good idea.
Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points! http://www.swtor.com/r/Yt4Qdw

MickannaFawkes
08.31.2017 , 05:50 PM | #1876
Eric,
Thank you for getting the servers up today. I really appreciate it.
I hope EA and Bioware in the future consider some kind of reimbursement for the player base. While delays and down times are unavoidable something emailed or coded out for all the players not just twenty five bots would have been nice to sooth the salted wounds.

Reazael
08.31.2017 , 05:54 PM | #1877
**Note - if you're getting what is happening below. Close out of the game and re-launch. it will do a verifying process and the issues will be fixed.

FYI: The mission tracker is showing Coming Soon, no tasks, no info, and several are just showing numbers. That is for the missions I picked up before the maintenance happened.

The Cartel Market is also not looking very good, missing images, numbers with expiration dates showing, and one item is listed for cartel coins than can be bought.

LaserWulf
08.31.2017 , 05:55 PM | #1878
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As many of you are seeing already, there are some fairly serious issues that have cropped up with GU 5.4a this morning. We are bringing the servers down to investigate what is happening and we will need to do to address it. Hold tight. Updates to follow.

-eric
Thanks for your hard work in getting us up and running again guys - love this game!

RandomNobody
08.31.2017 , 05:55 PM | #1879
Glad I slept in today. I know they were fixing an exploit, but sad to see the fix is worse than the problem (the game was running fine yesterday). At least Eric kept posting all day, lack of communication has always been one of this game's biggest problems (though they've arguably improved a bit over the last year).

Having it happen during a double XP/CXP week is worse too. Just hope nothing else pops up until next Tuesday.

msummersea
08.31.2017 , 05:56 PM | #1880
Quote: Originally Posted by Irrazius View Post
Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3
They must not think many people play, to give out so few codes.