These Are NOT the Items I Purchased - Time to Move Along?

Myriandore

What's going on here fellas... Is this selective reading or just being disingenuous?

When did I say I have a problem with the colour matching option?...

I said the pants colour from the window dressing simulator is different from the real article.

Meaning my initial need was the colour pants WITHOUT the need to use the colour matching option.

I only entertained the colour option element in this discussion to show you I had explored all avenues.

So... now I'll give you 2 big images to keep it simple :D

One with the colour option on.

https://imgur.com/kmZcG2r

One without the colour option on

https://imgur.com/htvy2B7

Get it?

Is this the Alliance Recon armor chest piece? It looks like it is. I happen to know this armor set and those are not the pants that come with the set. I'm sure you know this. I only mention this to say that mixing and matching sets can yield unpredictable results - the joy and bane of outfit designing...

But to your "problem," I'm still not seeing the issue. The pants (I don't know these pants off head) color is clearly two-toned. That's shown in the outfit designer screen. It appears that the red knees are the expected red color when you don't unify colors. When you unify colors, the red knees turn the expected black. I don't appreciate from these screenshots any tonal difference either (I do know that some dyes don't color the same hue, e.g. there are outfits where a red dye will color one part lighter than the other red parts, etc.). From what's shown here, everything appears to be working as expected...

To the guy above - No. On the simulator the knees are black as per my screenies whether or not you use the colour matching option. I posted both situations so your comment is not only flawed, it's also redundant. Take care.

As for the rest of you good people.

I chuckled at the tragically desperate attempt at righteousness from some deluded fools pontificating on whether I am capable to prioritise my spending. Seriously people... wake up.

Not everything is about money. There are principles to uphold in life and things that you must question. Even if you don't get answers or those you expected!

Now I have learned that SWTOR doesn't have the ethic to sell a product faithful to its description.

Is it a game changer? No, I'll still love the Star Wars universe. Am I gonna lose sleep over this? Most certainly not. But I'm glad I went to the bottom of things and got a clear picture thanks to the intelligent comments of some.

As for the haters, emo vultures / vampires that lurk roaming this forum lol... maybe one day you'll have something to care for about your OWN lives :D

Til then I wish y'all heaven and tanks again for joining in trying to help.

Happy hunting !

Edited by Myriandore

To the guy above - No. On the simulator the knees are black as per my screenies whether or not you use the colour matching option. I posted both situations so your comment is not only flawed, it's also redundant. Take care.

You mean other than the fact that they are red, clearly, in the screenshot you posted? Other than that you mean?:rolleyes:

red knees? are you colour blind?

This is getting funny. I'm not the one color blind (and I wouldn't mock someone who was). The knees are red bruh - let me be clear - the back of the knee, just as in the outfit designer. If you can't see that, there's nothing anyone here can do to help you. I'm going off your own screenshots.

This is getting funny. I'm not the one color blind (and I wouldn't mock someone who was). The knees are red bruh - let me be clear - the back of the knee, just as in the outfit designer. If you can't see that, there's nothing anyone here can do to help you. I'm going off your own screenshots.

I think it is pretty clear now that we are being trolled here. No matter what someone posts.. he has an immediate comeback to try to refute any statement.

Time to flush the thread I think.. since none of us can help him and he is clearly spoiling for a drama at a minimum and a fight on the high end.

I think it is pretty clear now that we are being trolled here. No matter what someone posts.. he has an immediate comeback to try to refute any statement.

Time to flush the thread I think.. since none of us can help him and he is clearly spoiling for a drama at a minimum and a fight on the high end.

Yep. Guy comes in with a generic complaint (no info on the outfit name, or steps taken). When people ask for screenshots (not to doubt, but to help troubleshoot), he says no. Then when suggestions are offered - still unclear what the issue is - he chastises the suggestions and the posters.

All to find out in the end that the product works exactly as advertised. So yeah, I would say I've had better use of time than this...

You last 2 have cognitive deficits?

Have I said the colour at the BACK of the knees was an issue?

No.

I said my issue was:

Whether you apply a colour dye or not, trousers are different from the simulator (dressing window on the right) to the real article (what I wear).

In other words...

If you were less busy flaming and more observing, you'd see the only difference is the PATCH ON THE FRONT.

FYI they're called Tythian Disciple's Greaves - which still changes nothing to the fact that on the simulator the front is a plain dark grey ish and when worn, with a gross patch. Geddit?

New screenies without colour dye for those last 2 posters.

https://imgur.com/7EwmKCU

https://imgur.com/lGamn2R

You last 2 have cognitive deficits?

Have I said the colour at the BACK of the knees was an issue?

No.

I said my issue was:

Whether you apply a colour dye or not, trousers are different from the simulator (dressing window on the right) to the real article (what I wear).

In other words...

If you were less busy flaming and more observing, you'd see the only difference is the PATCH ON THE FRONT.

FYI they're called Tythian Disciple's Greaves - which still changes nothing to the fact that on the simulator the front is a plain dark grey ish and when worn, with a gross patch. Geddit?

New screenies without colour dye for those last 2 posters.

https://imgur.com/7EwmKCU

https://imgur.com/lGamn2R

Cognitive deficits? Color blind? This is what you call people and expect to be taken seriously? I said I wouldn't respond, but now you're also being dishonest and I can't let that slide. First, you took down the original screenshots you posted.* I wonder why?:rolleyes: Is it because they show that the pants behave exactly as they're supposed to - showing the color in the appearance window is the same as the color on your toon? In other words, showing that this allegation is false:

It's also very clear that now, you tried to manipulate the screenshot by changing the outfit designer but not refreshing the preview window - a seriously lame effort. (You can also see that in the outfit designer which shows that the color changed to all black when you unified colors but was two-toned before - this also completely negates your original complaint because the outfit designer is showing the outfit as it appears on your toon anyway).

* Because I suspected you might try to be manipulative, I saved a copy of the screenshot you posted earlier which clearly shows that the pants are not all black, but rather two-toned (appearing red here, but could be brown) both on your toon and in the preview - as expected, and as you bargained for. You just were unable to see it.

Joonbeams... WOW.

You outdo yourself in the ridiculous.

The pants I wear (with square patches on legs) are the exact same pants that the simulator shows without patches (window to the right).

I simply took more screenies to demonstrate that the patch appears regardless of colour dyes or clickable colour matching options.

How hard is that to understand?

Don't try and manipulate this to make it about you and satisfy some ego trip pride.

Less acting up victimised > more objectivity pls.

I can't help it that you confuse issues.

This is NOT about colour, this is NOT about colour at the back of the knees as you invented...

It's about items looking drastically different from the simulator to > being worn.

Simple.

Edited by Myriandore

A couple questions.

The pants and boots are not part of the Alliance Recon set. It would be helpful to know exactly what pants and boots those are. Sometimes, the :kneepad effect is actually part of the boots and not the pants.

I already mentioned in my first reply in this thread that preview window doesn't accurately represent what you will end up with. It's been like that the whole time. It can be a bit annoying. But the actual items are working as expected. Only the preview window is misrepresenting the items.

* Because I suspected you might try to be manipulative, I saved a copy of the screenshot you posted earlier which clearly shows that the pants are not all black, but rather two-toned (appearing red here, but could be brown) both on your toon and in the preview - as expected, and as you bargained for. You just were unable to see it.

Pwned! :D

Subsequent posts since my last comment by the OP ratify the fact that he is spoiling for some forum PvP and will troll to get it. He has now resorted to name calling and pejoratives..... so off to my /ignore list with him.

Edited by Andryah