The Republic has given up

LKaras

I think today's patch fixed some of yeseterday's problems (with Ilum, not warzones), but I feel like Republic players have been scared away from PvP in general by the valor farms that went on yesterday and videos like

one. On Carrick station, players are constantly asking "Is Ilum safe?", "Are the dailies doable now?", and the honest answer is no they are not. Not unless you already have a group before you get there.

I lead a small republic guild (which unfortunately seems to be all the republic has) and we are completely helpless to finish the dailies. Win 3 warzones? We play in 13, lose 11 of them. Spend an hour and a half on Ilum and complete 10/30. Travel to Ilum in a 15 man raid? The Imperials have a 30 man raid. None of the Republic players seem to even want to try anymore. Players are constantly quitting in WZ's because of the constant losing/awfulness.

The patch fixed the mechanical problems on Ilum. The only problem now is that Republic players are too scared to go. Also, there are still serious problems with warzones from the patch. All the lvl 50 bracket did was pit mobs of geared Imps against Republic players who are generally not geared. This may have helped players who are not max level, but it has made winning for the lvl 50 Republic players impossible on my server.

Let's face it. The Empire is a thoroughly better faction. But does that mean that the Republic players are just supposed to sit here and take these lashings on the chin? I want to finish my dailies every day, but I simply don't have enough free time to do it. And I have a lot of free time.

Edited by LKaras

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to find a way to make republic more popular

rest will fix itself

I suggest Geared and ungeared pvp lobbies. The long queues for empire would make Republic popular in a hurry.

...and end some of the WZ pwnage.

Edited by LKaras

It's sad but true. I hit 50 two days ago and have tried to finish my warzone daily since. I've only run about 10 matches, but they were all miserable losses. It's disheartening and it's making my guildies question their desire to participate in PVP on our server.

Nobody is talking about switching to Empire side, they're just talking about quitting.

It's a bit rough as the gear differential gets much worse Empire outgearing republic because of ease of wins and zerging for valor.

I did however lead a server first raid for the Republic today on Anchorhead where we drove the empire off Ilum pretty much entirely. You have to motivate, eliminate and dominate them to gain some morale for your faction. The top PvP guild on your faction needs to step up as a leader, it motivates those around you to do well and listen to those commanding.

Don't forget when they camp your base to send stealthers behind to get on the cannons to own them. I got over 2000+ kills with particle cannons today.

It's rough though don't get me wrong, I'm sure most servers are far worse than mine. We are currently playing 1:3/4 ratio

Nothing is worse than being completely outnumbered. What kills a Battlefield server faster than anything? Unbalanced teams. What will empty TOR servers? Imps outnumbering Republic players 5:1.

It's not just at endgame. When you're leveling as a Republic player you're constantly running into groups of Imps. When I was questing on Voss there would be 5 Republic players total and 27 Imps.

Losing is one thing, but losing and having no control over it is another entirely.

It's a bit rough as the gear differential gets much worse Empire outgearing republic because of ease of wins and zerging for valor.

I did however lead a server first raid for the Republic today on Anchorhead where we drove the empire off Ilum pretty much entirely. You have to motivate, eliminate and dominate them to gain some morale for your faction. The top PvP guild on your faction needs to step up as a leader, it motivates those around you to do well and listen to those commanding.

Don't forget when they camp your base to send stealthers behind to get on the cannons to own them. I got over 2000+ kills with particle cannons today.

It's rough though don't get me wrong, I'm sure most servers are far worse than mine. We are currently playing 1:3/4 ratio

All the good PvP guilds are on Empire. Republic seems to be full of casual, apathetic PvP guilds like mine.

Edited by LKaras

I wouldn't mind losing Warzones if I could play.

And by that I mean that my decidedly above-average custom-built computer drops from 70-90FPS when anywhere else (even on the Fleet) to 15-20FPS with significant input delay as soon as any moderate-scale PvP encounter starts up.

I can fight one or two players just fine, but Ilum or a Warzone is just a slideshow much of the time.

That combined with the way the loot system works keeps me away from PvP. This is unfortunate because I enjoy PvP in this game when it works.

Speaking of which, why is it that half the time the cannons dont work? They just cant be accessed. I mean I figured hey, if we recaptured our the republic base maybe cannons would work, so I went in as a tank into 50 people popped all my cool downs and stalled until my stealthed buddie repaired and we recapped the republic base... only to find that the gun still didnt work. Is this just another bug? because considering its one of our only fighting chances they sure screwed that one up as well.

An entire faction is seriously giving up after a month? I played underdog in aion for 2 years, where the siege system was actually a huge part of the endgame. This is pretty mind blowing if you're serious here and not exagerating.

The difference is that Aion actually put some thought into their PvP. BioWare clearly doesn't care about it.

I find it funny how everyone is complaining at how unfair it is. Does it suck to be farmed like that? yes yes it does I won't deny that but the republic chose to stay there, they could have logged to an alt for 10-15 minutes the empire would have gotten bored and gone home.

And this isn't even an "empire" issue its a people issue, because if any republic player says they wouldn't have done the same thing if they had the chance is a dirty liar.

Yes Bioware messed up but they fixed it, this stuff happens, even established games make mistakes with new things. The game isn't "broken" so stop complaining and just get on with it.

And instead of peppering every forum with the same thread if you have a concern and have a "suggestion" on how to fix it might I respectfully suggest you post it in the suggestion forum.

It's just gotten old that there have been a thousand (note this number is not a cold fact) threads on this same topic. We all know it's an issue, we all know it sucks, Bioware are going to be deciding what to do, lets wait and see what they do and complain if nothing comes of it ok?

An entire faction is seriously giving up after a month? I played underdog in aion for 2 years, where the siege system was actually a huge part of the endgame. This is pretty mind blowing if you're serious here and not exagerating.

They've either given up or never cared. Maybe it's both.

of a couple of hours of warzones today, only lost 2 huttballs as republic, maybe your server just sucks. BTW, 8 llv 50 republics kept queing and we pretty much had a premade every game because we all got into the same games over and over :D Edited by Romulusss

The difference is that Aion actually put some thought into their PvP. BioWare clearly doesn't care about it.

Eh, aion put thought into pvp for their korean market, but it never translated well to the NA side. The implementation of diety scrolls and changing the fort times put the nail in the coffin for lots of asmos before server merges. Even now they still have huge faction balance issues.

I'm willing to stick it out here and give it time, because it's a new game. And honestly, one of the less buggy ones I've seen from launch.

I find it funny how everyone is complaining at how unfair it is. Does it suck to be farmed like that? yes yes it does I won't deny that but the republic chose to stay there, they could have logged to an alt for 10-15 minutes the empire would have gotten bored and gone home.

And this isn't even an "empire" issue its a people issue, because if any republic player says they wouldn't have done the same thing if they had the chance is a dirty liar.

Yes Bioware messed up but they fixed it, this stuff happens, even established games make mistakes with new things. The game isn't "broken" so stop complaining and just get on with it.

And instead of peppering every forum with the same thread if you have a concern and have a "suggestion" on how to fix it might I respectfully suggest you post it in the suggestion forum.

It's just gotten old that there have been a thousand (note this number is not a cold fact) threads on this same topic. We all know it's an issue, we all know it sucks, Bioware are going to be deciding what to do, lets wait and see what they do and complain if nothing comes of it ok?

I am breathlessly awaiting a response from Bioware.

I have a suggestion however. Ditch Open Ilum entirely. WALL IT OFF. Just turn it into a Max Operation (I think that would be 24 v 24 not horribly important just bigger than current warzones yet small enough you don't drop down to 5 fps) Warzone. Objectives could be the same. Would be a temendous amount of fun and they wouldn't have to scrap all fo the work they have done so far.

I tried very hard not to sound whiny and I don't think I was. I did offer some suggestions, and I would point out that the problem is only going to get worse the longer they take to fix it. Republics can't do dailies, Empire can.

I tried very hard not to sound whiny and I don't think I was. I did offer some suggestions, and I would point out that the problem is only going to get worse the longer they take to fix it. Republics can't do dailies, Empire can.

First I never said you were whining, I said complaining there is a world of difference between the two.

Second the republic can't on YOUR serve, I'm sure there are some servers where the republic outnumber the Empire, are they in the minority? Probably but I don't see the empire complaining about how unfair it is. Then again if you can prove to me every server is empire heavy..well I won't retract my statement because Bioware can't control what faction people want to play. That is just bad luck and no amount of tweaking will change the greater population from one faction to another.

It's easy for people that play empire to point the finger at us Republic players and say we're whiny, when if the shoe was on the other foot you know they'd be going crazy. I'd like to see some actual responses from Bioware though-they know this is happening. They know Republic is entirely outnumbered-so why did they add a dynamic to the game that FAVORS the larger faction? I just don't get it.

Second the republic can't on YOUR serve, I'm sure there are some servers where the republic outnumber the Empire, are they in the minority? Probably but I don't see the empire complaining about how unfair it is. Then again if you can prove to me every server is empire heavy..well I won't retract my statement because Bioware can't control what faction people want to play. That is just bad luck and no amount of tweaking will change the greater population from one faction to another.

My server is actually more balanced than most. But the fact is most of the dedicated players, especially in PvP are Empire players. That's not really the point though. If it's switched the other way on another server, they should still be trying to fix it.

Republic hasn't given up, more like wised up. There are better things to do than waste time bashing your head against a wall expecting different results. With GCDs and certain class abilities as well as Population grossly favoring 1 faction over another, are you surprised? I'm glad imps can now stare at empty space. They can go crate farm for all i care. Me and my crew were rolling war zones, got our 3, and called it. Let the imps suffer for all i care, isn't that part of their creed anyway?

Apparently that is two people who don't know the difference between whining and complaining, as I stated in my first post there are legitimate concerns the republic have (zomg yes I'm not an empire fanboy)

However it is hardly biowares fault the republic are the underdog, they didn't pay everyone off to roll empire. And what would you suggest? Implement a feature that on even grounds is fair..or one that favours the republic because at this stage in the games life the republic are outnumbered?

It's easy for people that play empire to point the finger at us Republic players and say we're whiny, when if the shoe was on the other foot you know they'd be going crazy. I'd like to see some actual responses from Bioware though-they know this is happening. They know Republic is entirely outnumbered-so why did they add a dynamic to the game that FAVORS the larger faction? I just don't get it.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. I know first hand how demoralizing it can be to get ****stomped as a faction. What was shocking to me was that this mentality set in so quickly.

I would fully support some sort of incentive program for republics on servers where they are severely under represented.

Edited by AGoldCrayon