J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive)

Lord_Karsk

I don't know for sure if it is going to be that great but JJ can make a good action movie. However the science in his movies so far hasn't been great. Look at the new Star Trek great action scenes and setups but the science in that movie was god awful. I mean everyone knows you can watch a planet get sucked into a black hole from another planet not even in the same solar system.

I don't know for sure if it is going to be that great but JJ can make a good action movie. However the science in his movies so far hasn't been great. Look at the new Star Trek great action scenes and setups but the science in that movie was god awful. I mean everyone knows you can watch a planet get sucked into a black hole from another planet not even in the same solar system.

Yeah, like how you can't actually see lasers in flight or dodge them, and hear anything in space. Or how crowded asteroid fields are, or how a beam of light has a set amount and is able to cut anything.... Great science. If you want science stay AWAY from Star Wars.

Oh no...

It wasn't just the science in the Star Trek film that was terrible. The plot itself was also awful, and half the time seemed there to contrive weak excuses to have action scenes.

1. Abrams won't be writing this film only directing it.

2. he is really good at directing action so thats a plus

3. For Star Trek he refused to use CGI sets he would only use real world sets. Lets hope he does this as well.

Yeah, like how you can't actually see lasers in flight or dodge them, and hear anything in space. Or how crowded asteroid fields are, or how a beam of light has a set amount and is able to cut anything.... Great science. If you want science stay AWAY from Star Wars.

Did someone put something in your oatmeal this morning? At any rate in something like Star Wars there are scifi elements that have to be made up you know like lightsabers and lazer blasters. Then there are science elements like no oxygen in space or planets in other solar systems can't be seen with the naked eye like they are as close as the moon.

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

Until Abrams or a spokesperson for Abrams actually confirms this, all you have is a (usually reliable, admittedly) third party website, quoting an unnamed source. AND he's already denied it once before.

It could still be true, but remember it's not official yet, it could be another Zack Snyder moment.

Seriously? your worried about science inaccuracies?!? ALL Sci-Fi Movies have inaccuracies, who cares, except the .01% hard core nerd population who will complain about anything...

The rebooted Star Trek Movie was IMO the best Star Trek movie made, with maybe the exception of Wrath of Khan... The rest of the star trek franchises while entertaining was one big cheese ball fest.

I'm glad Abrams is the Director, means there might be hope that the movie will actually be good... The only movie that was decent was Empire Strikes Back, the rest of the movies were cheesy at best...

Edited by Monoth

Seriously? your worried about science inaccuracies?!? ALL Sci-Fi Movies have inaccuracies, who cares, except the .01% hard core nerd population who will complain about anything...

The rebooted Star Trek Movie was IMO the best Star Trek movie made, with maybe the exception of Wrath of Khan... The rest of the star trek franchises while entertaining was one big cheese ball fest.

I'm glad Abrams is the Director, means there might be hope that the movie will actually be good... The only movie that was decent was Empire Strikes Back, the rest of the movies were cheesy at best...

the cheese ball fest was what made it fun to watch for me but ye some hard core fans will complain about anything, they would have found fault in GL doing them so you can't win the hearts and minds of everyone with a franchise as big as star wars

I agree that Abrams can make a good action movie which is more of what Star Wars is at least to me anyway. I am not saying science failures make the movies horrible I still enjoyed the new Star Trek but those moments still make me cringe when they happen. And Undiscovered Country was better than reboot.

I can't stand J.J. Abrams as a director, and personally think this is a horrible choice. I have never liked a single one of his movies or T.V. shows, IMO he seems to use odd cinematics to distract from the fact that he can't direct, much like Michael Bay uses huge explosions for the same purpose. As to the fact that he is a huge Star Wars fan....so what, so am I, does that mean I could direct a Star Wars movie? I think not.

Well been confirmed, JJ will do the next star wars, hell even been shown on every major news. Hell if world news tonight was calling it and Diane Saywer was sayin it, and they got some good fact checkers, probably true.

So get set kids, JJ Abhrams is going to do Star Wars 7. Hey i look at it this way, can't be ANY worse than Phantom Menace.

Well been confirmed, JJ will do the next star wars, hell even been shown on every major news. Hell if world news tonight was calling it and Diane Saywer was sayin it, and they got some good fact checkers, probably true.

So get set kids, JJ Abhrams is going to do Star Wars 7. Hey i look at it this way, can't be ANY worse than Phantom Menace.

Subjective entertainment is.

I can't stand J.J. Abrams as a director, and personally think this is a horrible choice. I have never liked a single one of his movies or T.V. shows, IMO he seems to use odd cinematics to distract from the fact that he can't direct, much like Michael Bay uses huge explosions for the same purpose. As to the fact that he is a huge Star Wars fan....so what, so am I, does that mean I could direct a Star Wars movie? I think not.

Multiple award winning Director, I guess the various academies out there don't share your opinion random internet hater #30428302.