Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Starfighter....suggestions to give it wider appeal, short and long term

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Galactic Starfighter....suggestions to give it wider appeal, short and long term

LordArtemis
10.25.2013 , 11:37 AM | #41
Joysticks for PC use...not as common as it was at one time perhaps, but I still see plenty of them on sale.

TUXs
10.25.2013 , 11:42 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
do they even make joysticks anymore?
My feelings exactly. The era of joysticks has kinda passed...they use "controllers" these days.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Illyean
10.25.2013 , 11:49 AM | #43
do we know if its true 3d flight yet? I hear 'free flight' mentioned a lot, which I take a the opposite of 'on rails' but this game and engine are ground based (so far), does GS support roll, pitch, yaw or is it going to be some pseudo 3d?

TUXs
10.25.2013 , 11:50 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Illyean View Post
do we know if its true 3d flight yet? I hear 'free flight' mentioned a lot, which I take a the opposite of 'on rails' but this game and engine are ground based (so far), does GS support roll, pitch, yaw or is it going to be some pseudo 3d?
That's actually a great question for MMORPGs thing.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Zoom_VI
10.25.2013 , 12:15 PM | #45
Its going to be a fully 3d environment, your not going to be bound to a particular plane.

However I would like to know if they are going to force a auto-level on us. i.e your craft levels out to a particular plane. Meaning that there is definitive up and definitive down.

I hope not I prefer the BF2 style where you can roll your starfigher onto whatever orientation. As in I exit the hanger then promptly roll so that my right wing is now say 140 degrees from parallel to hanger. It makes dogfighting way more interesting than traditional dogfighting since up, down, right, and left are completely subjective.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Illyean
10.25.2013 , 01:55 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Its going to be a fully 3d environment, your not going to be bound to a particular plane.

However I would like to know if they are going to force a auto-level on us. i.e your craft levels out to a particular plane. Meaning that there is definitive up and definitive down.

I hope not I prefer the BF2 style where you can roll your starfigher onto whatever orientation. As in I exit the hanger then promptly roll so that my right wing is now say 140 degrees from parallel to hanger. It makes dogfighting way more interesting than traditional dogfighting since up, down, right, and left are completely subjective.
good to hear but what is your source? I've seen nothing official, though I could quite easily have missed it

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.25.2013 , 02:03 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
My feelings exactly. The era of joysticks has kinda passed...they use "controllers" these days.
yeah too complicated for today΄s console kiddies. Can you even imagine handing them over a full HOTAS?
Glad they stick to their Xboxy toy controllers and leave the real hardware to adults

dipstik
10.25.2013 , 02:48 PM | #48
would love GS ops. u and ur team take out a destroyer or battle station

Zoom_VI
10.25.2013 , 02:53 PM | #49
good to hear but what is your source? I've seen nothing official, though I could quite easily have missed it
The tailer, by looking at how thee ships are moving about. If you are bound to a 2D plane (like say SW:EAW's space was) the ships would be approaching from above or below, like they where in some of the shots.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.