Valkorion comming back on 6.0 ?

LordAppius

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he will come back after getting (finally) his butt kicked for good, but I could be wrong. It all kinda depends on what Bioware has planned for 6.0, because it would be so surprising if Valkorian does return. I don't know about you, but the one thing I'm hoping they put in a future update before or after 6.0 is time travel.

I mean it would be awesome if time travel was a thing in this game, having the pleasure of going back in time to get a special something and avoiding your other self at the same time while he/she does their class story. It will be like Back to the Future, but in Star Wars.

Edited by Brother_Wolf_NZ

I sure hope not. I loved The Emperor. Vitiate was meh and Valkorion* can take a hike to the next galaxy.

*I still think Valkorion's voice actor did an amazing job.

Edited by Edyn

There are quite a few different times at the end of KOTET (cut scenes, in-game mail, etc.) where we're told Valkorian/The Emperor is gone for good. The storyline and ending themselves also suggest that he is gone for good. We likely won't ever see him again in future storylines.

(I sure hope not, he's been the primary villain in The Old Republic Era for over a decade now. We need to move on to something fresh)

I mean it would be awesome if time travel was a thing in this game, having the pleasure of going back in time to get a special something and avoiding your other self at the same time while he/she does their class story. It will be like Back to the Future, but in Star Wars.

Avoiding? Huh.. I would immediately gather a bunch of me and hop back and forth between 2.0 and 3.0 and just play all content with myselves. :p

Edited by cyrusramsey

Avoiding? Huh.. I would immediately gather a bunch of me and hop back and forth between 2.0 and 3.0 and just play all content with myselves. :p

lol then you're certainly not heeding Doc Brown's warning then huh? If you mess with the Past, Present and Future you'll create a Paradox that will destroy us and everything.

Edited by Brother_Wolf_NZ

Please God no. No more "Keeping Up With The Valkorions," we're sick of it! Give us a storyline where we're actually the protagonist and not just a spectator in a sci-fi soap opera! I'd rather have Malgus, Revan, or even Kephess come back over Valkorion!

There are quite a few different times at the end of KOTET (cut scenes, in-game mail, etc.) where we're told Valkorian/The Emperor is gone for good. The storyline and ending themselves also suggest that he is gone for good. We likely won't ever see him again in future storylines.

(I sure hope not, he's been the primary villain in The Old Republic Era for over a decade now. We need to move on to something fresh)

I never did get his End Game though . . . What was his goals . . . His motivations . . .

Yep, haven't bothered to finish this Arc, as it get less and less interesting by the chapter . . .

We need a new enemy not a recycled enemy. Part of the issue with SWToR now and for quite a while is the constant recycling and lack of innovation.

Leave Valkorian dead please...

That's what made the Dread Masters so awesome, imho. They really built a story arc which culminated in the ops.

That's what made the Dread Masters so awesome, imho. They really built a story arc which culminated in the ops.

The mistake on BioWare's part was making a storyline that required ops to finish. A large number of people aren't going to see the end of the story that way. I think they had a good compromise with SoR with either a solo version or an ops version.

Edit to add: Please not Valkorion again. He's dead, let him stay that way. Same goes for Revan. And Malgus - no I don't want Malgus back either, he's dead. At this point I really just want BioWare to let the dead stay dead for good.

Edited by Elessara

The mistake on BioWare's part was making a storyline that required ops to finish. A large number of people aren't going to see the end of the story that way. I think they had a good compromise with SoR with either a solo version or an ops version.

Edit to add: Please not Valkorion again. He's dead, let him stay that way. Same goes for Revan. And Malgus - no I don't want Malgus back either, he's dead. At this point I really just want BioWare to let the dead stay dead for good.

Problem with compromises are that it's the least of what's able to be accomplished to satisfy two interested parties. Dread Lords and SoR is the opposites on a very large scale.

As I see it we should get the last HoloRecord from Gnost-Dural on the summary of the Emperor's fate; In effect the game is really over!! IF we take the foundation of the base story in calculation . . . just saying:eek:

EDIT: IF not and this is a BIG IF; The empire seize the opportunity conquer the Republic and in some way establish the Sith Empire that is spoken of in the prequels, and then we just slide into Canon, christ, too much Caffeine there, but I couldn't help my self . . . Blimey is this white knight armor getting itchy!!?:rak_03:

Edited by t-darko

Give us the Yuuzhan Vong. Not that they could really be implemented, but it'd be awesome. Otherwise there's really nothing that could give the game a fresh vibe, imho.

I'm sure a lot of people will cringe at this idea, but I actually wouldn't mind. An enemy who hates the force, force users, droids, and technology in general. Out to convert all galactic citizens into slaves/sacrifices. Who won't fall for a mind trick & who's armor is strong enough to deflect a lightsaber. :eek: Yea...I could definitely get behind that.

Although according to the stream, they're listening to the people who wanted to go back to same ole tired pubs vs imps battle for galactic supremacy. Yay....:(

I'm sure a lot of people will cringe at this idea, but I actually wouldn't mind. An enemy who hates the force, force users, droids, and technology in general. Out to convert all galactic citizens into slaves/sacrifices. Who won't fall for a mind trick & who's armor is strong enough to deflect a lightsaber. :eek: Yea...I could definitely get behind that.

Although according to the stream, they're listening to the people who wanted to go back to same ole tired pubs vs imps battle for galactic supremacy. Yay....:(

A society/culture who hates technology and yet is technologically advanced enough to go out and conquer the galaxy? The cognitive dissonance is strong. I don't cringe at the thought of an enemy who hates the force/force users and wants to convert all galactic citizens into slaves/sacrifices ... it's the "hates technology" part tacked on that stretches my suspension of disbelief too far.

I agree that the pub vs. imps is tired and worn out though (at least, in my opinion). I am also quite disappointed that I can't tell both the pubs AND the imps to shove off b/c Iokath belongs to the Alliance/Eternal Empire.

"Where we would build a machine to accomplish a task, they [the Yuuzhan Vong] breed a creature"

"They've got the technology, sweetheart. They just make it differently"

And many other quotes I can't be bothered to remember to illustrate the point.

The Yuuzhan Vong hate mechanical technology with a firey passion. All their "tech" is biological and serves as an interestingly weird counterpoint to the tech we're familiar with in the Star Wars galaxy.

"Where we would build a machine to accomplish a task, they [the Yuuzhan Vong] breed a creature"

"They've got the technology, sweetheart. They just make it differently"

And many other quotes I can't be bothered to remember to illustrate the point.

The Yuuzhan Vong hate mechanical technology with a firey passion. All their "tech" is biological and serves as an interestingly weird counterpoint to the tech we're familiar with in the Star Wars galaxy.

Yeah, I won't pretend to know much about the Star Wars EU so I don't know much about this group but hey if they want to go with breeding a critter to do what others would use a droid or even a starship for then ... ok, I can deal with that. I don't have a problem with having a different way of doing things, it's the whole "we hate technology but use it anyway" thing I would take issue with. So, sure ... bring 'em on. I'm sure their critters will go boom just as much as any ship or droid we blow up - just messier.

Yuuzahn Vong is the only EU stuff I did not read all the way through. At the time for whatever reason that bit bothered me.

At this point I just want to explore ancient Sith tombs or Jedi temples and learn about Sith sorcery or old rare ways of the force Dark and Light through story...that sounds fun.

Edited by Soljin

They should have had a new faction and set of villains to fight every update. - With new tactics required, a new FP/ uprising / pvp map / operation that ties into it all.

But they blew millions on lavish trailers and painted themselves into a corner by defeating the ultimate evil in the galaxy.... so what do the victors do for an encore?