New Content Next Month

irishtim

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It said somewhere that with the new Operation will come a new tier of gear, so the next leg-up after Campaign.

What are the chances that a new tier of PvP gear will be released along with the new Warzone and new PvE tier? With all the uproar over gear discrepancy going on at the moment it wouldn't be wise, but if this is the case i'm going to have to start working on my Sage fast.

If only my Sage used Cunning, i'd transfer it all from my Scoundrel immediately!

Yeah ... thats what they said about August :rolleyes:

Strictly speaking a world event counts as a "content release."

Another thing to keep in mind: BioWare has been quite adamant in "we're working on NiM Denova" and "NiM Denova is coming." I seriously doubt we'll see a coincide release of TFB and NiM Denova. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not saying the NIM Denova patch will be out in August, but it would not surprise me if it did.

Seriously - how can people skimp on the details, and report such miserably inaccurate information?

Can we get a Dev response to confirm if this is true or not?

In the presentation what was actually said was : New raid next month. New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.

You are trying real hard to turn this into a negative. Why?

In actuality, this shows they plan a stream of content releases. Which is consistent with their most recent commnications to the community about more regular content releases moving forward.

Some people will never be happy with a new launch of an MMO unless it includes +7 years of content releases at launch. :p

Edited by Andryah

• Dev Post
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

How long are we going to be waiting for the warzone? Is it going to be a couple of weeks after or is it just gonna be like ranked warzones and we will have to wait 2+ months for it?

Sounds to me in order to go ahead with your promise of content every 6 weeks your just splitting it up in order to fufill that idea.

Edited by Mossesman

You are trying real hard to turn this into a negative. Why?

In actuality, this shows they plan a stream of content releases. Which is consistent with their most recent commnications to the community about more regular content releases moving forward.

Some people will never be happy with a new launch of an MMO unless it includes +7 years of content releases at launch. :p

Trying to provide accurate details, of which the above posts proves I was right, isn't trying to turn it into a negative.

I'm simply pointing to the idiocy of amateur press gaming websites who cannot even convey the details provided accurately.

Can I ask? What of 1.4? Is that attached to the raid or?

And by that I mean, the class balances, the bug fixes, moderations to crew skills?

Everything that has been part of content releases before, and much of which is still very much needed (class balance particularly).

How long are we going to be waiting for the warzone? Is it going to be a couple of weeks after or is it just gonna be like ranked warzones and we will have to wait 2+ months for it?

Sounds to me in order to go ahead with your promise of content every 6 weeks your just splitting it up in order to fufill that idea.

Agreed. Splitting it up and spacing it out just to give the illusion of 'more frequent' updates, isn't exactly a winning strategy.

You know they don't preannounce firm dates on stuff like this. NO MMO DOES.

She just gave you a release sequence, giving the month for the first content in the sequence. They will give more info closer to release. Wait for it. Wait for it.

Agreed. Splitting it up and spacing it out just to give the illusion of 'more frequent' updates, isn't exactly a winning strategy.

When they batch it into larger patches, you complain because it takes longer to do.

When they do more periodic smaller patches of new content, you complain because it's not enough content (even though you have not seen it yet).

What exactly will you not complain about?

Any word about the level cap raise, and the new questing area?

• Dev Post

We don't have a date at this time, but it is our plan to bring players content more frequently going forward.

Can I ask? What of 1.4? Is that attached to the raid or?

And by that I mean, the class balances, the bug fixes, moderations to crew skills?

We will definitely still be releasing bug fixes, balance tweaks, and other similar changes as part of our updates. You'll want to keep an eye on our blog for more info, as we will continue to make updates to it explaining things like class balance changes, just like we have in the past.

When they batch it into larger patches, you complain because it takes longer to do.

When they do more periodic smaller patches of new content, you complain because it's not enough content (even though you have not seen it yet).

What exactly will you not complain about?

I'm complaining about the speed with which the work Andryah. They seem to move at one pace...outrageously slow!!! They even move BACKWARDS with PvP content, removing Illum's quests and not replacing them with anything but big empty promise. Can you name ANY other MMO that had less PvP content 8 months after launch than at launch? Besides this game...is there another?

I think most people were expecting 1.4 weeks ago - I mean, we were told that after 1.2 that "We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."...that was April 6th!!! We're 4 months past that promise of monthly updates...we need stuff to do!!! We need things that keep people engaged longer than the 60 min it takes to complete Denova HM once a week.

What I'd like is about 4 more WZ's, open world PvP incentive, scalable Operations that can be challenging, that don't have some 1980's era lockout timer and level 50 daily type quests on every flipping planet. I'm sick of losing players Andryah...apparently you aren't...but it bothers me.

Ignoring the lack of content this game has at 50, doesn't fool anyone. Spacing out the content to give the impression of 'more updates' doesn't fool anyone either...it's a gimmick and it's obvious.

• Dev Post
In that case, did Explosive Conflict Nightmare Mode got scrapped?

Nope! It is still in the works. Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) had this to say a while back when asked about Nightmare Mode for Explosive Conflict:

Nightmare Denova is coming. It has taken longer than we'd like, because we've been reworking NM to be a full-fledged difficulty mode with its own loot and its own mechanics. Trust me, we want to put it in your hands as soon as we can.

Tux does complain a lot but I think he just feels burnt which I can understand. Many guilds I know feel the same way.

The Bloodfin server from SWG which I'm from has all but left. Our server enemies and friends all came together and organized to get on the same server and all of us was stoked.

I'm not talking about a few guild but a couple thousand players.. We actually was assigned by bioware to one server and we changed it last minute to The Fatman. You can thank us for the crazy ques at launch.

But back to the story.. I would say 85-90% of the Bloodfin players have left.

If they Stagger new content every 3-4 weeks like this OPs, Warzones, Flash Point, New events, I think that would be great actually.

1.4 was suppose to be out this month but the conversation changed to let push it to after GW2 launch I'm sure.

Either way I'm sticking around for awhile. I will check out GW2 and I just got into the ARCHE AGE Beta CB5 which starts tommorow.

What I'd like is about 4 more WZ's, open world PvP incentive, scalable Operations that can be challenging, that don't have some 1980's era lockout timer and level 50 daily type quests on every flipping planet. I'm sick of losing players Andryah...apparently you aren't...but it bothers me.

Ignoring the lack of content this game has at 50, doesn't fool anyone. Spacing out the content to give the impression of 'more updates' doesn't fool anyone either...it's a gimmick and it's obvious.

Wow.

Let me get this straight.

You want:

- 4 new Warzones. Most games with 3 times the Dev teams take 2 years to give toy TWO new Warzones (Battlegrounds).

- A complete redesign to how flashpoints work (scaling). Not to mention the problems that would come up in dungeon finder.

- With the new flashpoints/system, you want to remove a restriction that is there to specifically prevent burnout.

- New daily quests on all planets, in a game that is fully voiced. You knew this when you bought this game that everything is fully voiced, so logically creating new quests is a much longer turn time than the other game has.

Not only that you want it faster than every 2-3 months, which is about the standard turn time for large patches. You want 2.5 times the normal content for a large patch, but every 6 weeks? If you live in a world where all of this is feasible, please print me a platinum ticket for the unicorn trolly and I'll pack my +5 Heavy Fortified Brestplate and we'll party :rak_03: