Jedi version of SIS?

JrTrekkie

Hey there.

I was just curious if the Jedi of the Old Republic Era had their own version of the SIS? Maybe a division whose sole purpose was to work more in the shadows and undercover as agents?

Forgive me if this has been posted, so many threads to rummage through. If anyone could link me to a thread or to a website that has some information I can read, that would be great!

Thanks.

Hey there.

I was just curious if the Jedi of the Old Republic Era had their own version of the SIS? Maybe a division whose sole purpose was to work more in the shadows and undercover as agents?

Forgive me if this has been posted, so many threads to rummage through. If anyone could link me to a thread or to a website that has some information I can read, that would be great!

Thanks.

Yes, that's what the Jedi Shadows are supposed to be.

It's not talked about very much, though, other than one line from the Advanced Class questgiver on the Fleet.

Well while there wasn't a direct type of organization with the Order that is similar to SIS, there was the Jedi Covenant.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Covenant

The Jedi Covenant was a secret organization of Jedi headquartered on Coruscant in the time of the Old Sith Wars. It was established after the end of the Great Sith War by Krynda Draay...

The Covenant's goal was to use Jedi Consulars as Shadows to search for a shatterpoint that might lead to the resurrection of the Sith, and then take any action necessary to prevent that...

-Wookieepedia

However the Covenant was in some ways a fanatical sect, only a small few knew of its existence, so not sure if it is a fair comparison to SIS. Especially since The High Jedi Council and the other Three were completely unaware of their existence for some time.

Jedi Shadows are probably more closer to legit secret agents of the Jedi Order. Though, much like Sages they seem to focus on artifacts, and the mysteries of the force, but they seem to also do intelligence gathering as well.

Working in secrecy, the First Knowledge Council would hand pick the ranks of this task force and send its members to locales strong in the dark side of the Force, in hopes of vanquishing whatever artifact or dark side practitioner that may be causing the disturbance. Often engaged in information-gathering roles, Shadows were always sure to obtain all possible data on their target before making a decisive blow against them. Due to their missions, Jedi Shadows were often noted for being loners with a black-and-white perception of the world around them...

-Wookieepedia