Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Keys

JadenFlamearrow
07.12.2019 , 08:55 AM | #1
Are any oldies like me still using the physical key? Mine hasn't seemed to show any symptoms of age like people have said. Mine seems to work fine lol.
Are you a subscriber and want cool stuff? I know I do! Click this
and we both get cool stuff!

Darev
07.12.2019 , 11:03 AM | #2
I was until yesterday.

Mine occasionally acts up, have the press the button a couple times to get a number on the display.

It's going to die eventually, I figured may as well switch it over to an app while it still works.

KTap
07.12.2019 , 11:08 AM | #3
Still using mine. I just came back about a month ago after a 4-5 year hiatus. I was surprised it still worked!
Lord Veijel

Parane
07.20.2019 , 08:28 AM | #4
Those keys would probably survive a nuclear war. The one I got for WoW more than ten years ago is still rocking like there's no tomorrow. I do prefer to have the key on my phone instead though.
Playing on: Harbinger and Red Eclipse <-- R.I.P

QuinlanSaathis
07.20.2019 , 09:44 PM | #5
Mines working fine.

GelstonJ
07.20.2019 , 10:17 PM | #6
Still use mine. Anyone ever thought about opening it up and seeing if you can switch the battery?
Puppymonkeybaby - Click this thing to give me stuff.
I guess you get stuff too.

Kirameki
07.21.2019 , 02:13 AM | #7
I stopped using mine. It still works but I also know it will be a hassle if it stops working before I had a chance to change it to mobile key. I just hate making calls to customer support so I was rather safe then sorry.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies and me my army of droids.
TwitterInstagram

SteveTheCynic
07.21.2019 , 04:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GelstonJ View Post
Still use mine. Anyone ever thought about opening it up and seeing if you can switch the battery?
I guarantee that it won't work as a security key afterward. They are the same basic technology as the "RSA" keyfob things that a lot of big investment banks and similar use to protect their logins. The design includes an assortment of "anti-tampering" mechanisms(1), and in any event, unless you can keep it powered up while you change the battery, it won't come back at the right point in its number sequence.

(1) Things like passing the battery power through a sort of wire "sock" that's embedded in epoxy such that you have to break the epoxy to get at the battery, and that breaks the "sock", and that cuts the battery off from the device before you can change it. (And it makes it hard to restore power afterwards.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.