Has Chapter 1 of Onslaught been released, or the entire expansion?

ForceFanatic

nope. Thats it. No data on when there will be more content. Stay Tuned........2022 or so lol

And to think we waited a year and half for this debacle. If this is not evidence of the game being on it's last leg, I don't know what is.

Edited by Holocron

And to think we waited a year and half for this debacle. If this is not evidence of the game being on it's last leg, I don't know what is.

Okok, lets stop the misleading. You were teased something was in development. Announced was only this spring. There was Ossus in January and there was Dantooine in april i think it was.

You also knew exactly the content the expansion was gonna have. Let's not feign ignorance on that. What was promised was delivered and this was one of the most stable expansion launches ever.

Sure, it would've been nice to have had more. But at least the quality of what we got was good. Crafting needs tuning though.

If people watched the livestreams you would know that Keith was already planning the post launch content. There will be more coming. Wich is obvious cause 2 arcs were teased after the main story and the war isn't over.

Edited by Nemmar

Okok, lets stop the misleading. You were teased something was in development. Announced was only this spring. There was Ossus in January and there was Dantooine in april i think it was.

You also knew exactly the content the expansion was gonna have. Let's not feign ignorance on that. What was promised was delivered and this was one of the most stable expansion launches ever.

Sure, it would've been nice to have had more. But at least the quality of what we got was good. Crafting needs tuning though.

If people watched the livestreams you would know that Keith was already planning the post launch content. There will be more coming. Wich is obvious cause 2 arcs were teased after the main story and the war isn't over.

You have a very interesting definition of "quality" given this is one of the most bug filled patches ever in SWTOR and thats saying something.

I don't think so. Look we all know greed is a powerul thing right ? and as long as this game still earn money (as little as it is..or a lot, not like we know how much they are making from it), they will not shut this game down. Just like they won't delete BIOWARE, as long as the brand bring in money.

As for the negativity that some peoples claim is whats destroying this game. Sorry, but they are doing a good job at that. the negativity is mere praise lol

We knew that the devs had already started work on 6.0 before they were pulled off to work on Anthem. They even said as much. So it's been a hot minute.

We knew that the devs had already started work on 6.0 before they were pulled off to work on Anthem. They even said as much. So it's been a hot minute.

Anthem lol, well at least they can say Onslaught wasnt as bad as that dumpster fire.

Okok, lets stop the misleading. You were teased something was in development.

A 6.0 expansion was mentioned by the devs 19 months ago. It was early 2018, not this year. It was just the official release announcement that was this year. But people have indeed been looking forward to 6.0 for over a year and a half. They even teased it would be a "traditional expansion" 19 months ago.

Are you guys new to MMOs or something?

There are updates throughout the expansion life cycle, as with ANY MMO EVER. In this games case, KOTET, Shadow of Revan, and Hutt Cartel. Which further the story, add more things, etc.

This is likely part 1 of 4 or 5.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

There are updates throughout the expansion life cycle, as with ANY MMO EVER. In this games case, KOTET, Shadow of Revan, and Hutt Cartel. Which further the story, add more things, etc.

I hope so. This was far too short to be a proper expansion. Shadow of Revan was how long again? I honestly forget but it was definitely longer than this.

Is that so? Okay, where is roadmap? Why not say it outright: "we're gonna release content in parts". Clearly story dlc's were teased, but how long are we supposed to wait? What about new ops, pvp maps, class balance? Ah, that right, no info, as usual.

Evidence from the last year suggests this is the major story update for the entire year.

We may get an alert or a small zone but this is it. So it would appear that the team is incredibly small, and the focus is on ways of making people grind out hammer station or other old content for new gear in place of content. The future is not bright.

Hell they are charging more than most games charge for a DLC for the HK alert + Chapter. So possibly 1 hour of content and a companion is value for money at 25 + bucks.

Evidence from the last year suggests this is the major story update for the entire year.

We may get an alert or a small zone but this is it. So it would appear that the team is incredibly small, and the focus is on ways of making people grind out hammer station or other old content for new gear in place of content. The future is not bright.

Hell they are charging more than most games charge for a DLC for the HK alert + Chapter. So possibly 1 hour of content and a companion is value for money at 25 + bucks.

Not necessarily, it's possible we're gonna get a few Ossus-size planets and 1-2 raids, but on a larger scale, i think you're right. If solid resources were allocated to the game, we'd have gotten quite longer dlc with more than a single raid and pvp stuff. Clearly, neither EA, nor BW considers this game an essential, so we get bread crumbs...

Edited by Spoloma

You have a very interesting definition of "quality" given this is one of the most bug filled patches ever in SWTOR and thats saying something.

Really? Aside from a couple graphical glitches and a couple times clickable objects were not clickable (easily fixable by a relog) neither my guild nor I have run into any game breaking bugs. I have to agree with the guy you were replying to, this has been the most stable launch of any expansion in this game in recent memory.

Really? Aside from a couple graphical glitches and a couple times clickable objects were not clickable (easily fixable by a relog) neither my guild nor I have run into any game breaking bugs. I have to agree with the guy you were replying to, this has been the most stable launch of any expansion in this game in recent memory.

Onderon might be working, plenty of other things bugged out though including all the walker quests - currently they can't be done - people are stuck, unable to advance the story.

Also, Onslaught is complete when BOTH faction stories are played. So 4 hours then, 2 per side? If you have only done one faction and hit the end credits, you are only half done.

I'd even argue that loyalist / sabo is a distinct experience for each side (though of course they have like 95% of the content in common - but, to me at least, the feel is different depending on which you play).

This expansion has been out for almost 72 hours and we don't have any information on the next XPAC.

There are soooo many game breaking bugs that it is unplayable.

The world is ending.

The game is on its last legs.

The devs are actually packing up their desks as we speak.

/sarcasm off

Seriously though, I have run into a couple of bugs (The walkers being a big one), but over all, this has been one of the best updates in a long time. People saying this is the worst don't seem to remember the long shut down, the re-shut down, and the extended shut down that accompanied the server mergers, or the actual game breaking issues in 5.0. Or the multiple shutdowns in 4.0 or the 2 day detox we got with 3.2. or the 4 or five weeks with 2 day shut downs for 2.1. Yeah. I remember them.

If you have finished your story, you know that there is more coming so don't act like you don't. No, we haven't gotten a road map on 6.0 yet, but holy crap... give them a week or two. I would rather have the bugs fixed THEN get a road map.

Get off their backs, damn.

Back to OP...

I would say that this is just the beginning of the story (so to speak). Yes there are a few issues to sort out. Bug squashing is always a priority in any MMO (as it should be).

This is one of the better stories that we've seen in a while. I personally like the setting better than Ossus. [ Why would you rebuild in an area that is at the door step of the Sith to begin with ? More than likely a part of the story that was not told .. Just saying]

This story was better … and thought through a little better. Yes it does have some elements of the past battle strategies … well because we are dealing with the same two groups: Republic and Empire. As the old saying goes: "The more some thing change … the more they remain the same". Over all still .. a good story ! We're headed in a good direction.

More like this is part 1 of 4 ? Probably !

As for the ending:

On my Smuggler: it was kind of cut short.. that might have been a bug .. maybe. But on my two others (so far): JK and Commando … both were well done. The meeting with Kira and Scourge sets up the next step. IMO this should be tying up loose ends ??? Maybe ? I do hope so. I honestly don't think that there would be a lot of support of the return of Tenebrae.

I HOPE we don't get another long drawn out scenario of Tenebrae. One last end to tie up .. Make this matter with Tenebrae short … sweet and to the point !! BOOM !!! Tenebrae buys the farm once and for all !! DONE !!!

Right ??

Maybe Malgus finds out about this, and for spite tried to reunite with the spirit of his former Emperor ? If we do have another "final show down" with the emperor … there needs to be a massive explosion of some sort that there is no way no how that anything survives AND the empire gets it "glorious" exit of the emperor .. so to speak.

I'm just not so sure about weaving it through the rest of the new story? I'll leave the to the writers at BW. Just make it a good one!

OH .. BTW .. they could scatter some more humor through the story .. from time to time !

If you look at the bigger picture. There is a LOT of endgame content in this game. If you rush through it then complain about it. That’s nobody’s fault but yours. A still have a whole faction of 7 classes to complete from beginning to end and I’ve been playing for years.

If you look at the bigger picture. There is a LOT of endgame content in this game. If you rush through it then complain about it. That’s nobody’s fault but yours. A still have a whole faction of 7 classes to complete from beginning to end and I’ve been playing for years.

There is a lot of end game content. THAT IS LITERALLY YEARS AND YEARS OLD! For someone new, it's great. For everyone else, it's become a joke.

There is a lot of end game content. THAT IS LITERALLY YEARS AND YEARS OLD! For someone new, it's great. For everyone else, it's become a joke.

MMOs can't put out enough content to really make people who stick to one game satisfied at this point in time. I don't think there's any MMO that has does that successfully today. Even juggernauts like WoW have cyclical players because content creation is slower than content consumption.