6.0: Not worth to gear up for SM's since its forever capped to 70??

Pazuzuh

Did I get this wrong, or its not worth to get 280/290/305 gear if you only do SM OPS and MM Flashpoints?

For others players are saying, your stats will always be capped to lv70 (~220 gear). You will always be weak.

(Someone posted a 295 tank with really bad stats for SM).

So, whats the point of gearing now, besides getting set bonuses?

Edited by Pazuzuh

I don't promise this but my understanding (which could be wrong) is that:

If you are L70 or less you are bolstered up and will be as good as always.

At level 71-75 you are brutally bolstered down and urgently need gear. I read one post that said a 75 with 290 gear is as powerful as a 70 with 220 gear. So in any Op 75s with gear in the 260s, 270s or 280s will be a disaster.

I don't promise this but my understanding (which could be wrong) is that:

If you are L70 or less you are bolstered up and will be as good as always.

At level 71-75 you are brutally bolstered down and urgently need gear. I read one post that said a 75 with 290 gear is as powerful as a 70 with 220 gear. So in any Op 75s with gear in the 260s, 270s or 280s will be a disaster.

Correct more or less.

Just tested it.

My gear set on my level 70 Juggernaut is 252, fully auged, and my toon's starts are significantly higher than my main, a level 75 guardian, when synced down to a Hardmode FP.

The real question is what is the formula for syncing level 75 players with level 70 content.

Are there minimum and / or maximum rating equivalents (e.g. at 75, sync equivalences at 70 are min 230, max 245), does level 75 gear rating correlate with synced rating (e.g. at 75, 308 equates to 258 at 70), are any stats hard capped and or stats that map over as a percentage (combat rating)?

Is any of this defined and explained in the game, in an FAQ somewhere, or are we just supposed to guess and futz around trying to find that one weird old blue item that borks the system and gives us stupid levels of stats?

Edited by DawnAskham

That's my concern. I was 252 aug and now I am forever 220 cuz the damm bolster? What the hack?? I undertand the bolster for stats you up, but down? I wish they done something like pvp (bolster up until 246), after that you have your own stats.

idk much of exacts to gearing er stat for opt but to me cuz the bolster down clearly caps enderance mastery and power stats ... - if like you said one gets to lvl 75 but only ever does story mode stuff ... and they be scaled down id say get it to point to where your gears stats for those first three are as near that "cap" as can be and if possible change the mods in the gear that would put your over into the other stats

if the in game tool tips dont lie then unless you can use a shield gen dont ever go for extra in shield or absorb but never hurts to up defence stat if you can :?

^

sums up basicly all my personal know how and understanding and ik for a fact it not as simple as this but

basicly if your gona be dropped down .... then try getting your stats in other areas higher so the overall isnt as wasted as much :?

though again i got no clue for proper way of things like this .... so do as you want with want i said :?

What I'm struggling to get is why the bolster is set at 70.

The vast majority of the game's content is now capped at 70 or lower, sans one flashpoint and one operation.

What's the point of getting new gear and huge buffs to our stats if it will be reduced in the vast majority of the content that the game has?

What I'm struggling to get is why the bolster is set at 70.

The vast majority of the game's content is now capped at 70 or lower, sans one flashpoint and one operation.

What's the point of getting new gear and huge buffs to our stats if it will be reduced in the vast majority of the content that the game has?

well said. I still didnt get that yet

Am I reading this right? All content, save for Dxun and Corellia, is set to level 70 and hasn’t been brought up to 75?

Why?

Yes. They said everything its now locked to lv70. which means it doesnt matter if you are 260 or 295 gear rating, your stats will be the same.

Devs should explain how this works.

Yes. They said everything its now locked to lv70. which means it doesnt matter if you are 260 or 295 gear rating, your stats will be the same.

Devs should explain how this works.

Pretty sure the person who knew how the scaling/bolster/debolster system worked has "left" the company and the person who took over his/her duties only has half an idea of how it functions, it took them long enough to get the system dialed in to work properly before, now they have a whole new, unwanted and unnecessary system for people at 75? It just beggars belief.