New Content Next Month

irishtim

WRONG!!!!

Were you here for 1.2?! Lemme give you some background on it...they sold update 1.2 as the update that they'd introduce ranked warzones - they had it featured in videos and everything. THAT was the big selling point in 1.2 for some subscribers.

The DAY OF 1.2's launch, they pulled it. Some people complained, but the vast majority defended Bioware for pulling it, saying "it's better to have it late than wrong". That's all we were told that day. A few days passed and people continued to defend Bioware, despite their silence. Days of silence became a week...a week became two, two weeks became a month and we still hadn't heard ONE peep as to why it was pulled or when to expect it. I'd say that at the 1 month mark, people were starting to switch from 'acceptance' to a feeling of 'neglect'. I don't think we heard ANYTHING about why they were pulled for 2 months afterwards.

Don't say that online communities aren't forgiving and understanding...the thousands of people who post here were overwhelmingly accepting of the massive delay. It's when the delays happen without any word as to why and when it could be expected that communities turn. Ignoring your customers, like Bioware did, is why people turned...NOT because they were late with ranked wz's!!!

I'm just going to share with you that I know you say from time to time that you still enjoy the game, and I take you at your word when you say that. However, anyone reading your many many complaints and negative views about the game and the development team in the forum would never get that from your posts. :)

Say some good things about the game, to establish that you do indeed enjoy the game for the rest of us ;)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Next month = September.

If it hits the PTS in September it might not be live until early October. So at the very latest we're getting Terror from Beyond in the first or second week of October.

Best case is live in early September, but either way those of us without 8 level 50s have time to keep leveling.

P.S: If you have 8 50s and full Campaign on all of them, take a break and get some fresh air.

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Does any of that content include story updates, or story content of any kind? I understand that getting out new Operations is a big deal for a lot of people, but every MMO has raid-type content. SW:TOR is the only one with story content that makes me feel like my character is more than just a race/class combination and a bunch of gear.

I know a lot of people are asking for a lot of things, but with all the new content you've been saying will come, can you give us any information on something other than operations, flashpoints, PvP, and space combat? Anything would be much appreciated; thank you for your time.

How long are we going to be waiting for the warzone? Is it going to be a couple of weeks after or is it just gonna be like ranked warzones and we will have to wait 2+ months for it?

Sounds to me in order to go ahead with your promise of content every 6 weeks your just splitting it up in order to fufill that idea.

Basically, next month, over 2 months since last major update, we'll get a small piece (not the huge update they said 1.4 would be. Then a month later, we'll get the 1 new warzone map. Then 6 months down the line, we may get another warzone map. By the year 2014, we should have 5 or 6 working warzones.

I'm just going to share with you that I know you say from time to time that you still enjoy the game, and I take you at your word when you say that. However, anyone reading your many many complaints and negative views about the game and the development team in the forum would never get that from your posts. :)

Say some good things about the game, to establish that you do indeed enjoy the game for the rest of us ;)

I'm paying my sub fees Andryah...obviously I see some reason to do that. The logical conclusion, imo, is that I enjoy the game enough to pay my fees and remain active in the games development. I'll answer tech support questions as I can, I'll reply to people who ask questions I know the answers to, in a very positive manner even.

If you're looking for me to be a cheerleader, you're asking the wrong person. I'm honest. I don't believe that a company I'm paying money to needs me to cheerlead for them, nor be their spokesperson...Bioware has a very competent team of people who speak on the subject of what to do, what to enjoy and what to look forward to, who have access to resources (the developers) that I lack. The game speaks for itself, no matter what I say. When someone unjustly criticizes the game or an aspect of it, I'll gladly jump in and defend it.

However...let me oblige you...

I love running the ONE operation per week with my guild (I wish the lockout was removed because I want to help others complete them). I love the rest, but only one is a challenge. I want MORE!

I LOVE a great PuG in warzones that whoops the opposing team, or beats a flashpoints via the group finder.

Contrary to what some think, I love the vast number of skills I need to memorize to perform at my best. Combat isn't 2 or 3 buttons, it's generally very situational and I'll hit at least 10 different specials in any given fight.

I love coming from behind to win Novare Coast when I'm down 14% to 100%.

I love the people playing this game - despite the numerous groups I've been in, there's not been one person I wouldn't group with again.

Bolster, to under 49 WZ's was brilliant! I love that a level 12 can play against a 48 and have a chance (not much, but one).

I love the settings! The worlds are absolutely beautiful in some areas.

I love the stories. I recently started an Imp Agent and the story is freaking great! I can't wait to log on my Imp.

I love the new communication we're getting from Bioware...I REALLY hope it continues.

There's a lot I enjoy about this game...but with nearly 2 million people forking out the $60+ to buy it, only to quit, I also notice the problems that NEED to be addressed! I'm terribly sorry if I come off as angry or negative...I'm not. There's a TON to enjoy in SWTOR and "I" want to enjoy this game for YEARS to come...not a few fleeting months. I still have hope for this game...the potential is ALL there...it would be so easy to capture players and capitalize on them that I find it mind boggling that Bioware hasn't yet. PvPers are DYING for just a glimmer of hope...toss out some random "kill 20 opposite faction players" mission with a new coin for new "stuff" and people would be content while we wait for Makeb. If the super duper secret space project is really what players hope it is, ANNOUNCE IT!!! The benefit from that would far outweigh any complaints if it were late. Allow players to repeat their class quests at 50 - it's so broken up with side quests, that the story becomes lost.

We're all here because we wanted this game to be great and I'm sure we all had our own ideas of what it would be. A few tweaks, some optimizations and this game could have easily avoided F2P. I really do enjoy the game Andryah...but the nearly 2 million that left, should have never slipped away.

No no no no.

I heard from some of the resident trolls we have on these boards and they convinced me that there would be no new content til F2P. These trolls (we all know their names by now) can't be wrong. They seemed so sure and informed. What they wrote inspired other such trolls. They just can't have been wrong!!!

/cry

1 month? omg biowae is so slow wow gets new content every year and swtor alst content patch was liek 4 years ago biowae u break all ur official promises. /cry /unsub

So was it stated that all this was coming out next month and you didnt mean it that way or was it stated the way you just explained it.

Anyone know where a transcript or video for it is?

That makes no sense. He's pretty much spot on, and if you've been here since launch, you would understand the frustration that comes with the PvP in this game. Heck, it's noted in EVERY single article in the news about the lack-luster PvP game here, and after awhile of kissing arse, you're bound to start putting some pressure on the team that's supposed to deliver.

In December when the game was launched, as a sub, we were getting

1.4 etc etc etc

And these updates would have been quite large on a 6week to 2 month cycle, once 1.2 hit EA had already lost 300-500k subs...

So the decision to go F2P was made, do not for one second think this happened recently...

1.3 was then the prequel to F2P with the legacy system...

Now all the 1.4 , 1.5 updates that were in the bank for 6 week to 2 month updates are being broken down into measly monthly updates as a dangling carrot.

Once that has all been consumed, I estimate in about 9-12 months, then the Cash shop will really take effect and EA will start the P2W model....

By which time the game will be down to maybe 300-400k subscribers with 500-600k players...!!

EA are not going to let 300k players play this game for free....

2 years, SWTOR will come to a halt....

I hope that does not happen, and P2W does not happen, But it will........

But none of us will care because we all be playing GTA online, because a company like Rockstar wont sell out to a company like EA..!!

I likely don't speak for the majority when I say this, but I'm saying it anyway.

I don't care about ops, flashpoints or pvp crap.

The one thing I'd like to see is more class missions and missions for companions. It's sad when you've hit 50 (or before and completed their missions) and they're silent...

In a nutshell I'd like more stories. It's what got me hooked on this game, has kept me around, and the hope that we'll get more, is what keeps me around waiting. Not ops, not flashpoints, not pvp and certainly not poorly thought out frustration inducing events.

However...let me oblige you...

I love running the ONE operation per week with my guild (I wish the lockout was removed because I want to help others complete them). I love the rest, but only one is a challenge. I want MORE!

I LOVE a great PuG in warzones that whoops the opposing team, or beats a flashpoints via the group finder.

Contrary to what some think, I love the vast number of skills I need to memorize to perform at my best. Combat isn't 2 or 3 buttons, it's generally very situational and I'll hit at least 10 different specials in any given fight.

I love the people playing this game - despite the numerous groups I've been in, there's not been one person I wouldn't group with again.

Bolster, to under 49 WZ's was brilliant! I love that a level 12 can play against a 48 and have a chance (not much, but one).

I love the stories. I recently started an Imp Agent and the story is freaking great! I can't wait to log on my Imp.

I love the new communication we're getting from Bioware...I REALLY hope it continues.

There's a lot I enjoy about this game.

Awesome. I knew you could do it. :)

And no, I was not asking you to be a cheerleader, only that you balance your commentary a bit more. :D

There's a lot I enjoy about this game...but with nearly 2 million people forking out the $60+ to buy it, only to quit, I also notice the problems that NEED to be addressed! I'm terribly sorry if I come off as angry or negative...I'm not. There's a TON to enjoy in SWTOR and "I" want to enjoy this game for YEARS to come...not a few fleeting months. I still have hope for this game...the potential is ALL there...it would be so easy to capture players and capitalize on them that I find it mind boggling that Bioware hasn't yet. PvPers are DYING for just a glimmer of hope...toss out some random "kill 20 opposite faction players" mission with a new coin for new "stuff" and people would be content while we wait for Makeb. If the super duper secret space project is really what players hope it is, ANNOUNCE IT!!! The benefit from that would far outweigh any complaints if it were late. Allow players to repeat their class quests at 50 - it's so broken up with side quests, that the story becomes lost.

A realistic outlook. :eek:

1. I dont do ops so no comment.
  2. Those are kind of fun, but too frustrating since all the good PvPers I knew left when I went on hiatus.
  3. Got to love making a come back and winning a WZ.
  4. I loved the people I played with too. Cant say the same about the community in general. But most of my guildies are going to GW2. So I'll be surrounded by the same people I know are great @ PvP in this game. But doing a rotation isnt hard, so who knows. O_O
  5. Yay! Bolster! Though the mixed lowbie/50 WZ in the beginning was horrible. :p
  6. They're cool, but everything seems so lifeless.
  7. Best part of the game is the story.
  8. It wont. And I dont consider empty promises of Soon™ as actual communication. Some screenshots of the SSSP would be nice and maybe give me a reason to look at this game after GW2 launches.

I enjoyed the game more than WoW/Rift. But running the same WZ's is getting old. I really dont think WZ maps would take that long to make, but then again I dont know. New quest for some nice aesthetic gear would be kind of cool for PvE/PvP side. :) And yes, I'm tired of reading threads asking about SSSP, when it was announced in December, but we dont have anything other than that and Soon™. Some videos or screenshots would go a long way. And that's why I hate leveling alts, doing all of the side quest I've already done once. -.-

Edit to add:

In a nutshell I'd like more stories. It's what got me hooked on this game, has kept me around, and the hope that we'll get more, is what keeps me around waiting. Not ops, not flashpoints, not pvp and certainly not poorly thought out frustration inducing events.

I care about PvP, but who wouldnt like more story? NEEDS MOAR STORY!! D:

Edited by Katsuragisama

I likely don't speak for the majority when I say this, but I'm saying it anyway.

I don't care about ops, flashpoints or pvp crap.

The one thing I'd like to see is more class missions and missions for companions. It's sad when you've hit 50 (or before and completed their missions) and they're silent...

I'm sort of in the same boat... But what i also want to see is content that is new more than anything... mini-games (swoop racing, pazaak), multiplayer space combat, etc.

They've already been very clear with this, stating instead of big content/feature patches that we've been getting, we're going to get smaller updates more frequently.

It is actually a good tactic, provided the "update" doesnt mean "spend 20 minutes to check it out"

Only thing that interests me right now is dreaming about SWTOR costume art director being fired.

ps. But after 2months of hiatus I m enjoying the game again..

Edited by Karkais

Allison,

If at all possible, can we get a confirmation on if there will be a new tier of PvP armor being intruduced when the new Warzone releases?

Personally, I am ok with the addition of New Tier Armor so long as the War Hero set will be available via Warzone Commendations...

Only thing that interests me is HK-51. Bah where is he.

Yeah, he is much anticipated by many. Hence, he has very high "tease value" and one thing all MMO companies do is tease with some of their future content. HK-51 is the pefect tease IMO. :)

Anything over the next year or two for solo players?

Yeah some solo content would be nice, and What about HK-51????????

You keep showing pictures of him in order to promote the game but still no news!!!!!!!!!!

Can we PLEASE have a Bioware response regarding HK-51? mainly when???????

• Dev Post
It said somewhere that with the new Operation will come a new tier of gear, so the next leg-up after Campaign.

What are the chances that a new tier of PvP gear will be released along with the new Warzone and new PvE tier?

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.