The future of the storylines according to the latest book.

Angedechu

Well, more to the point, I belive Bioware is going the WoW route by their own words and focusing on raids for content. The class stories, as they are, are done. We will only get more planet stories [and extended level caps of such] in the future. Nothing class specific, because that's not what the people want, apparently.

I believe you are correct. If we do see an extension of class story, it will probably come in the form of a full on expansion that both subs and freebies will have to purchase.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Empire seems to be doomed to a quick defeat if the Emperor don't return and fast. (and we know from in game that the Emperor is not terribly interested into the sake of the Imperials)

The Ascendant Spear was their last card and they lost it.

And the Republic still have the Enigmas-I mean the black cyphers.

I'd say it's 50% dealing with your own side's internal crap, at least.

Felt like such an idiot, un-poisioning those wells on my Jedi after my Sith worked so hard to poison them... :(

Well thats how its like for imperials majority of the game we do something then the republic makes it meaningless. I can see what side bioware is favoring right now. In the swtor encyclopedia it said the empire would discover a key to their victory lots hope that key is good.

Uh, Imperials, according to your own quests, you are genocidal space nazis.

Usually, with this setup, you tend to end up losing in videogames.

uh huh what ever you say what I am saying is if they make the war one sided like what is happening now it will piss off a lot of empire players also those empire players who play lightside as well.

Normally pissed off players who feel what they have done is meaningless in a game will stop playing. Plus you have not even played the empire side so you don't know all the quests you even called the canon sith warrior darth gravus.

(I'm halfway in the book)

So, what happened in each storyline ?

-The Jedi Knight storyline is the most proeminent. The Emperor death was the Empire's Midway. The Empire is in full retreat everywhere. Panic is gripping the Dark Council. They know that total defeat is a question of months.

-The Imperial Intelligence disbanding affected tremendously the Empire's war effort. The Empire is now completely blind toward the Republican war effort. Opposedly, the Republicans are able to read into Imperial most secure channels and know perfectly Imperial intentions. (note : coupled with some cryptoanalysis sequences, this looks furiously like the situation of the Allies in WW2)

-A Darth Gravus (the canonical Sith Warrior, judging by the text description) met a very fiery death at the hand of a fellow sith and her superweapon (no, really ?). Very ironically, Darth Gravus seems to have been very good at helping the Republican war effort....since he ascended to his position thanks to him wrecking Taris.

Alas, Darth Gravus missed a tiny point : the governor of Taris, because of his action, ascended to the post of Supreme Chancellor-and fully mobilized the Republic against the Empire.

If I remember you only killed a fake emperor, the real emperor still exists.

If I remember you only killed a fake emperor, the real emperor still exists.

This, the voice was destroyed but the emperors true body still exists...And in the SWTOR Encyclopedia book its stated the Empire still has a good chance to win.

Edited by Girdeux

I have played Imperial quests up to Taris, and I spent of my time murdering natives, torturing people and killing civilians.

If you don't see that the Imperials are cast as space nazis in the game....

Hey its not my fault you played dark side thats why the game gave you the choice to be light side. Plus as I said the point I am making is that in a game no matter even if you are good or evil if what you do ends up being meaningless you will stop playing the game.

Most people I know would and I would as well its the reason why I no longer play mass effect 3. Its not the matter of good or evil of being a downright douche right now some people are starting to feel that their stories/planet stories from 1-50 is meaningless since the republic undo everything.

While the empire has no benefit from what it has done beforehand. Now with the current book annihilation and the dread masters it seems like bioware is just kicking them while they are down. When people found out the new operation was dread masters a lot of empire players were upset.

And I'm pretty certain that the emperor has something planned for the republic which even the dark council wont ever hear about until it happens.

That's what I am personally hoping for but it seems to me that bioware is setting the emperor up to be the "big bad" that everyone fights. They want the storylines to be more of an "avengers" type of story and the new lead writer used to be a writer for smuggler and jedi knight I am not hopeful.

Hey its not my fault you played dark side thats why the game gave you the choice to be light side. Plus as I said the point I am making is that in a game no matter even if you are good or evil if what you do ends up being meaningless you will stop playing the game.

Most people I know would and I would as well its the reason why I no longer play mass effect 3. Its not the matter of good or evil of being a downright douche right now some people are starting to feel that their stories/planet stories from 1-50 is meaningless since the republic undo everything.

While the empire has no benefit from what it has done beforehand. Now with the current book annihilation and the dread masters it seems like bioware is just kicking them while they are down. When people found out the new operation was dread masters a lot of empire players were upset.

Who said I don't play Light side ? I have 4 rep characters.

The book on the other hand says that the Emperor is dead.

Play the sith warrior story to level 50.

The jedi knight just killed a the voice(in other words a vessel) the emperor himself is not dead he is recovering. The only people who know this is the sith warrior and the emperors inner circle everyone else thinks he is dead.

Edited by lokdron

Who said I don't play Light side ? I have 4 rep characters.

I'm pretty sure he meant "playing light-side as an Imperial".

If you play Dark-side in the Empire, you commit thing that we could call "crimes against the galaxy", or like you called it "being space nazis". But you won't be like this as a light-sider in the Empire.

Your image of Imperials look more like dark-side Imperials, and so that's why he told you "It's not my fault if you're playing dark-side".

The inner circle in the book is convinced that the Emperor is dead.

You know what let me ask you do you even know the name of the emperors inner circle? So whats the inner circle called in the book? This will let me know if you know what you are talking about.

I have an idea..

With the completeion of your orgin storyline so to speak. You now can journey to a number a different worlds.

But on these world their could be explore locations for your class to explore and uncover new adventures and mission quests as well.

Kinda like the side and bonus quests that pop-up as you played your characters storyline.

For these new and future mission quest, ECT. To be accessable. You have to have completed 85% of your characters main storyline on the planet your on. To unlock the extra bonus missions,quests,ECT.

who and how your character will get intoduced. Could be by more way that I can list here at this time.

But that is how I would add extra content and possibly expand your characters storyline.

P. 79.

Obviously, as we are in SW, being dead don't mean being gone.

Also, sadly for you Imperials, but your characterization in general make you signficantly worse than even the infamous Galactic Empire (modern SW) Imperials.

Edited by Angedechu

I'm pretty sure he meant "playing light-side as an Imperial".

If you play Dark-side in the Empire, you commit thing that we could call "crimes against the galaxy", or like you called it "being space nazis". But you won't be like this as a light-sider in the Empire.

Your image of Imperials look more like dark-side Imperials, and so that's why he told you "It's not my fault if you're playing dark-side".

Even going for light side still makes you commit a lot of rather nasty things on the Empire side, at least in the side quests/planteary stories. Due to this, my bounty hunter has some difficulties in leveling as I refuse to do any such quests with him (he doesn't serve the Empire after all).

Though I'll probably check these quests out once I create my Sith warrior ;)

Well, more to the point, I belive Bioware is going the WoW route by their own words and focusing on raids for content. The class stories, as they are, are done. We will only get more planet stories [and extended level caps of such] in the future. Nothing class specific, because that's not what the people want, apparently.

Going down that route would be the worst thing they could do. People are constantly asking about the continuation of the class stories and ignoring the game's strongest point in favor of "raid or die" will only drive people away.

Edited by Kendaric