Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum, PvP and the Gree event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Ilum, PvP and the Gree event

Mashugana
Yesterday , 10:32 AM | #1
I do not understand if Ilum is an open PvP world or not. How does Ilum work with PvE and PvP? Are some zones automatically PvP and you get flagged as soon as you enter? Is it every player for themselves or is it Imp vs. Pub?

I want to try the Gree event dailies. Will I have to survive in a PvP area to do them?

Thanks for any advice

Shulot
Yesterday , 11:01 AM | #2
Hi,

Ilum is open, so you can go there without doing PvP.

There is a "special" area for the Gree event, and you can take the taxi service speeder to it. Just make sure you pick up the quest at you fleet from the news service droids.
Once there, there is a console where you can grab the quests from, there are 4 PvE dailies (one of which is heroic and difficult to solo).
I think there are 2 PvP.

So the PvP appears to be optional.

My first time running this event too, and I thought it was all PvP, but you can run the PvE dailes and still get reputation points towards the Gree.

Hope that helps.

Mashugana
Yesterday , 12:58 PM | #3
Great! Thank you

Tohmas
Yesterday , 04:34 PM | #4
Another interesting point. The very center of the western part of Ilum (where the Gree event takes place) is open world PvP. If you enter that area, you will be automatically flagged for PvP. However, you do not need to enter that area to do all of the PvE quests. The two PvP quests mentioned above *do* take place in this area.
In an odd turn, even though this center area automatically flags you for PvP, you cannot complete the two PvP quests by entering this area while in a PvE map instance. You must switch to the actual PvP map instance to complete these other two quests.
Toh'mas Falmaryon

Want free stuff!? Try my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rpCQ25

Mashugana
Today , 08:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tohmas View Post
Another interesting point. The very center of the western part of Ilum (where the Gree event takes place) is open world PvP. If you enter that area, you will be automatically flagged for PvP. However, you do not need to enter that area to do all of the PvE quests. The two PvP quests mentioned above *do* take place in this area.
In an odd turn, even though this center area automatically flags you for PvP, you cannot complete the two PvP quests by entering this area while in a PvE map instance. You must switch to the actual PvP map instance to complete these other two quests.
Thank you! This was my fear - that I'd wander into a PvP zone unknowingly and get ganked. Is there some kind of warning? Is the zone marked red on the map or something?