Developer Dispatch – Terror From Beyond

EricMusco

Would be nice if it was a real public test rather than a select few for the new operation. I would have been fine hearing it was a private test instead of calling it a public test when it really isn't. How will you all find out how the non elite players will fair in the oeration though? Yeah I was hoping for some better looking high level gear. Most of it doesn't look like Start Wars outfits but more fantasy mideval stuff. It would be nice to have some knight gear without dorky shoulder pads. I was hoping for gear like the jedi council members are wearing or the green jedi. Gotta ditto the comments about the cathar though. It was mentioned a long time ago and still no real info on it. I would prefer an honest answer about the stuff rather than having a carrot dangled in front of me for months now. Though at this point in the game unless I get more character slots I won't be playing the cathar. The game seems to be over promised and under delivered so far. I don't see how new content will all of a sudden come out quicker just because.

love the new raid but why is the new pve gear the same as the old blackhole gear but different color and better mods ...???????? :mad: devs failed on that :confused:

wow is it really hard for you to create new armor models? i just saw that new armors are going to have the same models as current ones.. totally boring..

Sorry taht I only quoted you 2, there's plenty of others i want to quote, you're just the first ones in sight.

But what I am wondering, people that post this in the end of a thread, did you actually read the thread, and others on the same topic? or do you jsut read the OP and then answer?

Because what you are complaining about has already been argumented over and over with official replies and player replies.

love the new raid but why is the new pve gear the same as the old blackhole gear but different color and better mods ...???????? :mad: devs failed on that :confused:

Solve this problem most raid drops should be just different mods and have people get those modable gear all around galaxy from different sources. Wouldn't force devs allways make new gear just for raids and people can customize however they want.

So, what people want after grinding all the time in this game is a ridiculous hard Flashpoint? Not to mention it will get old after you do it 3 times. So, that becomes a grind as well. Why is everyone obsessed with making things hard i n games these days? Not me. I play games to relax and escape, not want to punch walls. Life is enough "challenge", I don't care to have much of it in a game.

What Bioware needs to do is create content that doesn't get boring, doesn't require grinding, and is actually FUN. Yes, what a concept. I could think of 10 things to add to this game other than a new FP/Ops.

1) Dye System (the first complaint I ever had about this game)

2) Continuation of Marriage (because it's really pointless to do it right now since nothing happens)

3) Being able to mod green and blue armor (because a lot of it is better looking than rakata/columni/etc)

4) Customization of Ship and having a Character class dwelling on home world that can be customized, and also unlocks GLOBAL Legacy perks.

5) Fast Travel to Ship and get RID Orbital Stations! Make it a GLOBAL Legacy unlock as well.

6) Get rid of taxi and just make the person spawn at next outpost. Utterly sick of waiting for taxi's to drive around. It's a complete waste of time.

7) Elevators that take forever to ride up or down. Please. STOP!!!

8) Daily Coms vendor on Fleet. and Legacy unlock for Ship.

9) Social Armor Vendor on Fleet that sells ALL of it so you don't have to travel all over the galaxy to get it.

and last but most important.......

10) Valor requirement for making the PVP armor, it's ridiculous. Please, make Valor Legacy Bound, or at least a Legacy Unlock, so you don't have to do 10,000 hours of PVP for each character you create. I am just not going to do ALL that again for each character, it takes long enough for just one.

I also want more class content after 50. I earned my Darth title and all it gets me is the same few Flashpoints, Warzones, Dailies, and Ops. Wow....that was sure worth it. "sarcasm"

Again, Bioware needs to remember games are supposed to be fun....not grindfests.

So, what people want after grinding all the time in this game is a ridiculous hard Flashpoint? Not to mention it will get old after you do it 3 times. So, that becomes a grind as well. Why is everyone obsessed with making things hard i n games these days? Not me. I play games to relax and escape, not want to punch walls. Life is enough "challenge", I don't care to have much of it in a game.

What Bioware needs to do is create content that doesn't get boring, doesn't require grinding, and is actually FUN. Yes, what a concept. I could think of 10 things to add to this game other than a new FP/Ops.

2) Continuation of Marriage (because it's really pointless to do it right now since nothing happens)

3) Being able to mod green and blue armor (because a lot of it is better looking than rakata/columni/etc)

4) Customization of Ship and having a Character class dwelling on home world that can be customized, and also unlocks GLOBAL Legacy perks.

5) Fast Travel to Ship and get RID Orbital Stations! Make it a GLOBAL Legacy unlock as well.

6) Get rid of taxi and just make the person spawn at next outpost. Utterly sick of waiting for taxi's to drive around. It's a complete waste of time.

9) Social Armor Vendor on Fleet that sells ALL of it so you don't have to travel all over the galaxy to get it.

10) Valor requirement for making the PVP armor, it's ridiculous. Please, make Valor Legacy Bound, or at least a Legacy Unlock, so you don't have to do 10,000 hours of PVP for each character you create. I am just not going to do ALL that again for each character, it takes long enough for just one.

I also want more class content after 50. I earned my Darth title and all it gets me is the same few Flashpoints, Warzones, Dailies, and Ops. Wow....that was sure worth it. "sarcasm"

Again, Bioware needs to remember games are supposed to be fun....not grindfests.

Agree 100%. Sadly this stuff is unlikely to happen. Bioware seems to have their own idea of what makes a game and they won't change it (FYI Bioware, your idea is far off the mark).

I agree with your suggestions there. I would also love those to be implement sooner or later in the game. But the 6-7 suggestions are for me, a little bit overboard. Seems like you want things all to be easy and fast. You said you play the game to relax and enjoy. Why not take the time and enjoy the taxi ride? Elevators that takes time to go up and down? What would you want? An elevator that would warp speed you to the next floor? lol I don't mean to be rude here, just saying my observations. :p

Nice.... 1st!

But yeah, this seems like an interesting new update and....THANK YOU for the companion customization! :cool:

But, can we finally get the "optimization" problem fixed. Sinse that came out (in what, 1.2 , 1.3?) multiple players have been having poor gameplay. I freeze every once in awhile (which is annoying my guild when we do ops / warzones) at almost any random location. It's really annoying me; and yes, I have my laptop updated.

Definately agree, The optimization problem NEEDS to be fixed. I have multiple friends that I play with and half of them have already said they have to leave, not because they dont like that game, but because THEY CANNOT PHYSICALLY PLAY IT! The game freezes and the FPS rate is through the roof at times, I used to be able to play this game in full detail and high quality but now have had to drop everything low just to keep a 2 bar ping.

Definately agree, The optimization problem NEEDS to be fixed. I have multiple friends that I play with and half of them have already said they have to leave, not because they dont like that game, but because THEY CANNOT PHYSICALLY PLAY IT! The game freezes and the FPS rate is through the roof at times, I used to be able to play this game in full detail and high quality but now have had to drop everything low just to keep a 2 bar ping.

maybe they shouldn't play with a 10 year old pc or a notebook? i'm playing on a 4year old pc, which at that point was mediocre, and i still play in high res without fps issues

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with your suggestions there. I would also love those to be implement sooner or later in the game. But the 6-7 suggestions are for me, a little bit overboard. Seems like you want things all to be easy and fast. You said you play the game to relax and enjoy. Why not take the time and enjoy the taxi ride? Elevators that takes time to go up and down? What would you want? An elevator that would warp speed you to the next floor? lol I don't mean to be rude here, just saying my observations. :p

Because once you get two character to 50 you get sick of waiting for everything. Easy? Was it "easy" getting two character to 50? No, I think people earn the ability to make things faster and not have to wait for taxis and long elevators. I see nothing "relaxing" about having to wait for those, when you have already done it 100 times before.

Looks awesome but I'd be more excited to see more single-player/solo content added to TOR quite frankly. The typical "fight the giant monster" WOW model of raiding isn't that interesting to me anymore or dealing with all the multiplayer gamer egos. I quit my guild because all they did was argue about raiding. :( Edited by MorgonKara

Looks awesome but I'd be more excited to see more single-player/solo content added to TOR quite frankly. The typical "fight the giant monster" WOW model of raiding isn't that interesting to me anymore or dealing with all the multiplayer gamer egos. I quit my guild because all they did was argue about raiding. :(

Yes, I am in my 3rd Guild. One died because of drama, the other because of drama. I would rather be able to play this entire game alone and NEVER deal with other humans.

And remember when Bioware said you can play the game alone? Ya, that goes on the list of lies.

The dungeon fight model needs to die. Guild Wars 2 does something better with their "events". At least you don't get so bored.