Leaving POT5 - Hows The Ebon Hawk PvP?

SaraivaBR

Im leaving pot5 ( http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=698680 ) because theres noway to have a decent pvp experience there as Republic (top 100 being basicly imperial), so im looking for another East Coast server to transfer my main, full Obroan Jedi Shadow...

So, I would like to know hows The Ebon Hawk population...

1) Is there action during all day?

2) Doest the SoloQ Pops quick?

3) Is the pvp balanced? Republic and Imperial in almost same level or is it unbalenced like pot5?

4) Is The Ebon Hawk trully more populate than Pot5?

I know its said to be a PvE server, im just asking because since Swtor dont have a decent world pvp and our pvp is restricted to warzones, so even a pve server can have a decent pvp.

Thanks for help =]

So, I would like to know hows The Ebon Hawk population...

1) Is there action during all day?

2) Doest the SoloQ Pops quick?

3) Is the pvp balanced? Republic and Imperial in almost same level or is it unbalenced like pot5?

4) Is The Ebon Hawk trully more populate than Pot5?

5) You know if Ranked also pops frequently?

1) Not as much as POT5 has

2) No/Sometimes, depends on the day and time I guess

3) Can't say, POT5 had some great PvPers but there were ALOT more baddies than good ones, I'd say TEH does have much less baddies. I don't gouge my eyes out when queing solo like I did in POT5.

4) No, not as PvPers at least

5) Group ranked died weeks ago

Edited by xxgpzxx

Up until a month ago, I played on both Pot5 (Imp) and EH. These are my observations:

1. Not as much as on Pot5, but it's not bad.

2. Ranked solo queue seems to take someone in fleet chat rounding people up. It does happen, more than I expected that it would, but probably not as much as on a dedicated pvp server.

3. Much better faction balance here than on Pot5. For awhile there will be stretches where one side is better than the other, but nothing like the cluster**** that is Pot5 faction balance. I think this is because there's a group of dedicated pvpers who have toons on both sides. A lot of times it just depends on which faction the majority of those people tend to be on atm.

4. Yes the overall population here is much bigger, however, the pool of pvpers is significantly smaller. And as far as quality of players go, you have good players and a lot of derps. The EH derps might be marginally derpier than the Pot5 derps, but really I don't think it's that huge of a talent gap between servers. Also, we don't have nearly as many warzone rage quitters.

Really, if you're looking for constant ranked games (especially group ranked) this is not the server for you. For regs? There isn't a huge amount of difference between the two servers other than the pool of players is smaller and there's better faction ballance.

There is one thing we do excel at though: our forum pvp is totally the best, lmao.

Edited by Prisoner

My main is on Pot5 imp side, but have a sage on the repub side and to be honest, it's miserable, like two different servers in one. As an imp player on pot5, I'm happy and would not leave. As a repub player....go where you want and have fun, IMO.

In my limited recent experience with 55 pvp on The Ebon Hawk this is what I've found;

1) Is there action during all day? Regular wz's, yes, often you have to wait 5 or 10 minutes to get in the cycle, but once you're in it, they pop pretty regularly.

2) Doest the SoloQ Pops quick? Limited experience, but no. I usually do a search for orbital/square/canyon and see what's going on. If you are looking for fast, consistent solo queue pops this is not the place.

3) Is the pvp balanced? Republic and Imperial in almost same level or is it unbalenced like pot5? NOT unbalanced as pot5.....it's terribad over there on repub. TEH seems a bit tipped towards Imp, and also depending on what time of day.

4) Is The Ebon Hawk trully more populate than Pot5? In my opinion, no. Not only does pot5 have fast queue pops just about 24/7, there is more pve (gasp!) opportunities as well, easy to get in a pug group if you like to do that from time to time.

Both servers have their pros and cons; pot5 is full of smashers, wz quitters and lots of TDM (ain't nobody got time for that "PVE" pvp!), but the amount of quality players on pot5 is also more, less casuals, less room for mistakes, faster paced wz's and arenas. That being said, I think the pvp community on TEH seems pretty decent and I've had the opportunity to heal some pretty damn good players here.

Tl;dr If you want non stop solo ranked queues roll an imp and play on pot5. If you want to play repub, have fun with ranked queues inbetween TEH is just fine.

:)

Edited by _Adisa_

Well this is actually an RP server fyi. I hope hearing that didn't scare you away..

1.) Mornings are usually slow but queues start to kick off quickly as the day goes on.

2.) Ranked solo queues are sparce but they do happen. Usually the time to queue for them is when it is being advertised in general or pvp chat to queue ranked solo.

3.) As you already know, on Pot5 Pubs just cannot compete with imps unless it is during the day. Here, pubs can compete with imps at any given time.

4.) Pot5 has a lot more pvpers than EH does. EH just cannot compete with the pool. More often than not you are facing the same players each day and same premades. With that said, it is a smaller pvp community than pot5, of course partly because its an RP server. The majority of the population hangs out in Nar Shaddaa RPing it up in the cantina or in pveing it up in operations.

I only have my scoundrel on EH but the rest of my 55s are on pot5 which I still play on actively. So my honest opinion from playing on both servers: It's worth it if your main is a pub, it is a much more casual-competitive atmosphere than it is on pot5. Some people here are sore losers and some are not, but unlike on pot5, here you'll see a lot of "GG's" coming from the losing side. There is a lot less rage quitting but a lot of "omg hacks!".

Edited by Clogski

I've noticed Imps tend to win regulars till the Republic premades show up.

As for ranked, I've only done solo queue - and it's usually back and forth.

As for queues in general, I'm Australian so I miss a lot of peak time anyway - but I can easily fit in 10 or more games when I put my mind too it.

TEH isn't, and never will be hardcore PVP. It's an RP server. The small community of pvpers we have is rather tight knit - so the good friendships come hand in hand with lolgrudges.