Your favourite (or most hated) ancient bugs - Players' Triage

Tromador

Quoting Keith from this post.

We absolutely have a Master List of bugs in our internal database and virtually every day, we triage the list to determine what's included in the next patch.

Given there are some bugs in the game (including one in the quoted thread apparently since beta!) I wonder what players would put at the top of their list to be fixed. Not so much new bugs which might have been recently created with latest content (which may well be already being looked at) but those old bugs which appear to have been shelved. Similarly anything we know is already in the pipeline (such as class balance) shouldn't go in here. Nor is this a thread to request changes or new content. Old bugs only please :).

Be nice please, as I would respectfully request not to turn this into a BW/devs bashing thread.

Please suggest the ancient cruft that you would like to see fixed as higher priority. Hopefully this would help our devs find the issues they have put aside, but which are important to us and maybe should be moved up the queue.

Personally, top of my list is the romance gifts system. This has been broken for a long time and leads to piles of fairly useless courting gifts. There are a few companions (e.g. Guss) who will take them for small amounts of influence, but they were intended to (and used to) give extra influence to our character's love interest.

Either fix it, or change the returns on courting gifts to balance with the other kinds of companion gifts in the game.

Second on my list is the Hoth planetary map. It's a little thing, it's not game breaking, but has been there for SOOO long. Can we please see Hoth's map properly again?

When you die in a warzone but get sent back to the safe area, then make the dying animation again. It's even worse when the "gate" also closes at that time. The amount of things I want to break on my desk at that time is just absurd!!! Edited by Eshvara

I do not know if it is a bug or intended, but the faction wall hangings you get the first time you enter a stronghold require a valor level to use. These are excellent wall hangings I used to use before this occurred, now they just sit in storage as I cannot use them. The only PvP I have done in this game was during the DvL event, and even then the toxicity over a handful of games reminded me why I stay away. I have no problem with any more you want being gated behind a valor level, but why lock a freebie behind a part of the game a good percentage of the players do not enjoy or play?

The Saber Marshal (and a couple other robes with the same hood) has had a nasty clipping issue on the hood since 1.2. The legacy system patch. It's a very minor thing to whine about I know, but it's my favourite robe and I just can't wear it because the second you move the torso in any way, a bald head clips through the back of it. For male body 2 anyway.

Not sure if this is a good place for this. There's something that's bugged me (no pun intended) for a long time. It may not be high-priority to some but I hate it personally and it's been around too long. It's from the side-quest on Imperial Balmorra where you need to go to the cantina to talk to a "republic agent" who may have stolen some important discs from the cheating wife of the questgiver.

At the end of the conversation in the bar, if you choose the light side option and let him live (and presumably only if you're a woman, since he talks to you like you're some whorish house-wife of an Imp officer instead of a freaking Sith with a lightsaber or a woman with very large guns in plain view), his audio line is 100% different from the subtitled line (English). The subtitle is innocuous. However, the audio line is pretty filthy and is really, really distracting, and I'm still constantly surprised this has been in the game for 5 years and not been fixed.

It's like they handed the written script to the censors but didn't have them listen to the audio or they snuck the audio in after the session with the censor, because it most likely would not have made it into a T-rated game.

It's either a bug where they meant to take that audio out but didn't do it correctly, or they intentionally left it there for nefarious purposes.

I'd like Bioware to do one of two things: Either change the audio file to reflect the written dialogue, or allow me to turn my lightsaber on while I jam it between his legs as a DS choice I can use after he says that line to me :wea_03::rak_09:

Gear preview windows

With respect to Preview bugs, we know and have made a variety of changes to it, but it still needs a lot of work, and like the animation request, it's also not game breaking, so it hasn't made it to a priority list either.

Keith---

Sorry Keith this bug should be top priority as it occurs roundly every time, impacts every player, does not promotes buying gear from the GTN or CM, isn't avoidable, is very visible and is a display of a studio not getting what's truly important or worse not having resources to fix major bugs.

Edited by Deewe

Gear preview windows

Sorry Keith this bug should be top priority as it occurs roundly every time, impacts every player, does not promotes buying gear from the GTN or CM, isn't avoidable, is very visible and is a display of a studio not getting what's truly important or worse not having resources to fix major bugs.

Yeah, I can't believe this isn't on the priority list, I was pretty shocked to see that written. People complain about that **** constantly. I just assumed they were trying to fix it, but to read it isn't on "the list" is pretty hilarious.

I'm sitting here trying to come up with a bug that annoys me every single day, every time I play, and this is THE one. All the others I can think of are intermittent or new. Just because it doesn't make my game crash or my computer explode doesn't mean it isn't a big deal.

The other thing is that some heroic quests don't update when you use the quick travel item to port to the location. You have to run away a bit and back in to the location. The one on Alderaan being the worst, but there's two on Voss imp side as well.

Yeah, I can't believe this isn't on the priority list, I was pretty shocked to see that written. People complain about that **** constantly. I just assumed they were trying to fix it, but to read it isn't on "the list" is pretty hilarious.

I'm sitting here trying to come up with a bug that annoys me every single day, every time I play, and this is THE one. All the others I can think of are intermittent or new. Just because it doesn't make my game crash or my computer explode doesn't mean it isn't a big deal.

The other thing is that some heroic quests don't update when you use the quick travel item to port to the location. You have to run away a bit and back in to the location. The one on Alderaan being the worst, but there's two on Voss imp side as well.

I suspect its an illegal API call or rendering to a spawning sub window they self created a code bug to fix something else.

Edited by IntegrationArch