Underworld vs. Investigation (supplementing armstech)

bowlofcereal

So I'm pretty sure I read that Underworld was best for a Trooper to get alongside scavenging for armstech, but so far the two artifacts I have require research materials alongside scavenging and not underworld ones.

Is this the case? And given that I'm sticking with armstech, is it worth it to reroll Investigation for Underworld?

So I'm pretty sure I read that Underworld was best for a Trooper to get alongside scavenging for armstech, but so far the two artifacts I have require research materials alongside scavenging and not underworld ones.

Is this the case? And given that I'm sticking with armstech, is it worth it to reroll Investigation for Underworld?

If you are unwilling to roll an alt then yes. The rare compounds you need for armstech come from Investigation from what I understand. Underworld trading supports some other crafting professions like cybertech, armortech, and synthweaving.

Be aware though, that my personal opinion is that Investigation is the lame duck out of the the crafting mission bunch. It'll get you what you need, and thats about it. The others at least have some other profitability options attached.

I have to agree regarding the loss of profit, I was in the same boat, had armstech, scavenging and underworld trading until level 45, when I realised to make any epic gear at 50 I will start needing special mats, by this point I already have 400 Underworld trading and was sending 3-4 companions out at a time to get Companion Gifts and selling them for profit. Aswell as all the other rare materials that I could sell for profit as I wasn't using them.

After dropping Underworld it took me 2 days to get Investigation back up to an acceptable level, now have it at 400 and I only ever seem to get 2 Companion Gifts missions at a time for level 49-50, sucks compared to Underworld trading imo.

Thanks guys.

I just like trying to better my armstech, plus I gots a feeling it will pay off later (alongside just being fun..).

hmm.. i hope you mean WAY later.

at current content, armstech at lvl 50, 400/400, it is literally useless.

I say this as a 400/400 arms/scav/invest.