Vote with your wallet.

RealOwl

I'm posting this to let Bioware representatives on this game know, that i'm not gonna renew my subscription when it ends, 57 days from now, nor i'm buying anymore cartel coins to spend, unless the bots situation is dealt with.

This i cannot bear to witness any longer, it's ridiculous how bots are taking over the farming zones, especially Yavin IV. It's a damn shame 'cause i'm still enjoying the game, so i just hope you devs can fix this issue asap; else i'm outta here.

Thanks,

ps: If you are concerned like i am on this issue, please feel free to post you experience and let Bioware know that you're not going to support this game anymore, unless this will be dealt with.

pps: No, you can't have my stuff :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they will notice/care. This is the third or fourth thread you opened because of bots. It's getting ridiculous. As if this game had no bigger issues atm or you can't play at all because of this. Edited by Tobero

I'm sure they will notice/care. This is the third of fourth thread you opened because of bots. It's getting ridiculous. As if this game had no bigger issues atm or you can't play at all because of this.

This is turning into yet another situation in SWTOR where the more people make angry posts about it, the less I care.

As if this game had no bigger issues atm or you can't play at all because of this.

It's surely a big deal for me, i can't stand this and i know i've been petulant, so i'm sorry for the redundancy but; as the ancient romans used to say: "repetita juvant"

You will not hear anymore from me regarding this matter, this i can promise.

Edited by RealOwl

It's surely a big deal for me, i can't stand this and i know i've been petulant, so i'm sorry for the redundancy but; as the ancient romans used to say: "repetita juvant"

Picture me holding my breath.

I highly doubt that. And if people voted with their wallets on every game that had bots, there wouldn't be a single game out there able to run. They're in every game. Every. Game. So long as there are unscrupulous people out there wanting to take advantage of the less-savvy, there will *always* be bots in games taking advantage of the system and getting around the rules.

It's just a fact of gaming life, get used to it, report them, and move on.

The only thing I question is your age OP. If all you give a **** about is farming you are no better than the bot(s) you are complaining about. As it seems you are there just as often as they are.

Stay - Leave, I really don't care.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

This is turning into yet another situation in SWTOR where the more people make angry posts about it, the less I care.

Seriously....not defending bots, but what difference does it make? I have never had 1 issue with bots on JC, and even if there was bots, they have never made it difficult to harvest the items I need. But I guess that is the norm on the forums, trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm sure they will notice/care. This is the third or fourth thread you opened because of bots. It's getting ridiculous. As if this game had no bigger issues atm or you can't play at all because of this.

This is a serious issue, don't pretend it's not. That there may exist bigger issues does not mean this shouldn't be dealt with as soon as possible. All exploits, bugs need fixing. And as of now I see this as one of the main priorities. It's a game-breaker.

Seriously....not defending bots, but what difference does it make? I have never had 1 issue with bots on JC, and even if there was bots, they have never made it difficult to harvest the items I need. But I guess that is the norm on the forums, trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

It's not making a mountain out of a molehill. There are other servers besides the Covenant. Good thing bots are not making it harder for you to harvest, but on The Red Eclipse, for instance, there are hordes of them teleporting from node to node. Literally dozens. So yeah, think of others too.

The only thing I question is your age OP. If all you give a **** about is farming you are no better than the bot(s) you are complaining about. As it seems you are there just as often as they are.

Stay - Leave, I really don't care.

The issue here is that they're using a dishonest tactic over others trying to farm. If all OP cares is harvesting (how you managed to make such a conclusion is beyond me) it's none of your business. Is it really that hard to grasp such a simple concept?

All these arrogant answers... People never cease to surprise me.

Edited by richiesilva

This is a serious issue, don't pretend it's not.

I don't. It's just not worth opening several threads by the exact same person repeating the same argument about "farming experience" over and over again. Like I said: This game has bigger issues impairing a lot more players atm than bots that will pop up again five minutes after they are banned.

The real question is anyways: With so many bots in this game who is buying all those credits that it's worthwhile for the botters in the first place? Those are the real culprits in my opinion.

I don't. It's just not worth opening several threads by the exact same person repeating the same argument about "farming experience" over and over again. Like I said: This game has bigger issues impairing a lot more players atm than bots that will pop up again five minutes after they are banned.

The real question is anyways: With so many bots in this game who is buying all those credits that it's worthwhile for the botters in the first place? Those are the real culprits in my opinion.

I agree. Bots wouldn't exist if people didn't use the services that they offer. Why bot a game if no one is buying. The best way to get rid of bots would be if they have no customers.

1) there are NO "farming zones" in this MMO. And stop pretending like you "own the farm" and have a rodent problem, but are somehow scared of rodents.

2) Title of thread is misleading. Should be ---> "I Am Voting With My Wallet". You speak for you, not for anyone else.

Edited by Andryah

I'd say the same but I had zero care about the bot situation to begin with.

If you don't do crafting **** as I don't, they have absolutely zero effect on you in this game. =)

And their credit spam mail is far FAR FAR FAR less constant than that kind of spamming in, say, FF14.

Depends on when you are on. I was on JC about 3 am this morning finishing off Yavin quest line. Said there were 10 people on at the time and I saw 5 of them (only 2 from same faction) bot farming. Disappearing and flashing in and out looking waaaaaay different than when they use the stealth power. It was very annoying to track them all down and report them.

If I'm getting this right, a bot is a player that goes around farming credit nodes and selling the credits to others?

If I'm getting this right, a bot is a player that goes around farming credit nodes and selling the credits to others?

It's a character that gets its directions from a scipt to automatically farm resource nodes. No player needed. The credits are then sold for money to actual players.