LGBT Players - Check in here!

Kresse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was a LGBTQ+ guild that was created today. we're looking to start building and recruiting as much people as possible. trying to get a great community here at shadowlands. Rainbow Empire

our mission is to be an everything guild rather it be PVE or PVP content . we will also be having parties like homecoming dances prizes and gifts. money give aways. and a Hard mode progression team! feel free to Whisper Swans, or Gaytwink the GM

There was a LGBTQ+ guild that was created today. we're looking to start building and recruiting as much people as possible. trying to get a great community here at shadowlands. Rainbow Empire

our mission is to be an everything guild rather it be PVE or PVP content . we will also be having parties like homecoming dances prizes and gifts. money give aways. and a Hard mode progression team! feel free to Whisper Swans, or Gaytwink the GM

I have my mains on Shadowlands :jawa_biggrin: Which one are you: Empire or Republic? (since "Rainbow Empire" I guess it's the former). And what is your guild's prime time?

Edited by krionyun

We're usually online from 4pm to 2am EST but it all varies when whos online. feel free to join our discord and we can get you in asap we have a pubside guild too we don't have many active toons on the pub side but we have one.

That's fine, I play mainly for the Empire :cool: I'll send you a whisper once I'm in-game (I don't use discord since I don't have a microphone at the moment).

Hey all. I'm Bisexual and I have to say I'm WAY more comfortable with this game than WoW. Star Wars is like an Elite College Dorm where Wow is the Animal House type group. *sigh*

I have to say I love being able to have the option of going either way during the Revan and beyond because sometimes it's nice tho h ave a choice.

Just wish there were more options in the beginning, though.

Bright Blessings to all,

Kira

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, same thing, any LGBT guilds in 2020?

There are a few. I play on Star Forge and I have seen them advertise occasionally. How large of a presence they are on other servers I can not say as I only play on Forge and Satele Shan, and am not often on Shan.

There are a few. I play on Star Forge and I have seen them advertise occasionally. How large of a presence they are on other servers I can not say as I only play on Forge and Satele Shan, and am not often on Shan.

Do you happen to remember the names of the Star Forge guilds?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HIIII EVERYONE!!, so i recently made a LGBTQ+ friendly guild on the IMP side of The Satele Shan server, we arent that big(80 members) but we are loving and always happy, we also look after one other!, we're called imperial Misfits, feel free to search for one of our members in the search bar. just search for imperial misifts or misfits!. youre always welcome no matter who you are!!!! ill also add a discord link in here! u can text one of us and well get ya a invite to our guild!

https://discord.gg/tuRan5hJ

also subs feel free to use my code!!

http://www.swtor.com/r/4zSlg5

• 5 months later...
To be honest, i was under the impression that ALL companions were romance-able by anyone, since years back, so I'm a little shocked that in 2021 we (queer people) still have (relatively) nothing in this game.This is a FICTIONAL game, the "nOt EvErYoNe Is GaY/bi" argument doesn't stand, why are you able to romance every character if it's straight? Double standard, that's why, "nOt EvErY pErSoN iS sTrAiGhT". This is a fictional game, there is no harm in making EVERY companion romance-able by ANYONE. If you don't want a same-sex romance in the game, DON'T FOLLOW IT, it's your choice, but at least give queer people a (proper) choice.

When you make only the "sexy female" (ie Kira; Jaesa) from the original companions as the only romance-able characters, it shows that a bunch of creeps at EA/SWTOR are just getting off to this without giving a thought of genuine consideration, it's FETISHISATION, not REPRESENTATION.

When you give us some add on, boring characters later on, that don't live on your ship and aren't customizable, it's TOKENISM. Queer people play this game, I love this game so much, many of us love this game, love building our own SW character customized in our own image, and part of that is wanting to see my female smuggler character with Risha or Akaavi, or my male sith with Quinn, or male trooper with Aric, I could go on. We wanna see our (mlm) boyfriend/(wlw) girlfriend serving a look that we curated (spent a lot of F****n money on cartel coins for). The tokenism of just adding a few spare characters in later tell us that you don't think queer people are legitimate or valid or a side thought.

Lastly, making Khem Val the only mlm romance-able (original) companion for "laughs", is just blatant HOMOPHOBIA. It says it all about what EA/SWTOR thinks of mlm intimacy, that you think it's "monstrous" and "humorous". I don't know how y'all got away with this one.

To straight men, you might not understand why this is so important to us, this might seem so small to you, but I promise you if the status quo where reversed, where everyone was same-sex romance-able, but add-on characters, the "sexy men", and treek were the only opp-sex romance-able characters, you too would be upset and wanna see yourselves represented. Bottom line, making all companions same-sex romance-able doesn't hurt anyone, it just provides more choice, and makes some of us gamers much happier to be able to see ourselves living our own star wars fantasy (including the incels who just wanna see a lesbian pairing, give them risha). It's also 2021, it's not a RISK adding it at this point, you get to show off how PROGRESSIVE Star Wars has become. It would certainly eclipse that horrific tokenistic lesbian kiss in SWRoS. Just do it already, should've happened years ago.

Although I love the wlw Lana Beniko or Theron Shan mlm romance, I still find it very hard to understand why same-sex relationships are not possible until the Shadow of Revan. No companion from the class story can be romanced by the same sex in a serious way until KotFE/KotET and other companions/people who can be are also only added in KotFE.

I'd love to see a mlm Quinn or Jorgan romance or a wlw one with Risha or Dorne, it would just fit and be something different.

Yes, I know, the voice actor's job has been made and women and women and men and men are "supposed" to get to be good friends in this game. But: I think it could be possible to just re-take some of the interactions in the game with the voice actors. At least some of the "main" companions (with which I mean those who come the earliest and share the longest story & bond with you) would be something to begin with. Also, men and women can be friends in this game as well, there is never a need for a romantic relationship. You can be friends with Jaesa or Vette or Dorne without any romance, so why should that break with queer relationships?

Ever since our character is our own creation, we have the right (or we should have the right) to make whatever story we want. I don't like it when Corso or Mako talk about family and only refer to my female character with a husband while in my head-canon she is just not interested in men.

We are being kept in a cage till the Shadow of Revan (respectively Makeb) and everyone sees us as straight. It does not give me the feeling of free creation. Furthermore, I cannot have one damn romance with a queer/gay character until a certain point, it leaves an emptiness in the class story. My best example for that is Watcher Two. She is a very mysterious character and opens up to her partner, you get to know her a lot better. A female agent does not have that option, you are left with a "friendship" if that's what you can call this distance and I'd love to romance her with my female sniper but I don't get the chance to, the possibilities are being kept away from me (intentionally or not).

I see the problem of the voice acting and re-doing all of the scenes, so it will probably stay like this. Yet, I can still openly say when it can annoy me to be seen as straight in my class story and not be able to romance the same sex until Makeb. But in the end, this will never keep me away from playing, I really do appreciate the work done and the chances of same sex romances in later times.

I want to add something: I don't mean to attack SWTOR for this. I know that times been different in 2011 and that it is almost impossible to re-do the conversations, yet I didn't make that clear enough in the post till now. I think they did better in KotFE etc. (not perfect but better) and that should be said.

Edited by jedi-charlotte

• 1 month later...

Any LGBTQ guilds still active on Satele Shan? I just came back to experience some of the new content but also decided to relive everything from the beginning, so I'm looking for a bit of socializing and Flashpoints while going through it again. Cheers!

(Currently playing as Sèamús, Juggernaut. Feel free to shoot me a /t if your guild fits the bill!)

• 2 weeks later...

Gay. GL of a tiny gay guild on SF as well as GL of far larger main stream guilds.

I inherited the gay guild when none of its founders and no other members logged on for a good spell. At the time, it had no guild bank, which automatically means no flagship, no stronghold, nothing. It was basically just a name. Didn't even have a dozen people in it.

Still waiting around charitably for people to log in and take over, when they didn't after a while, I popped them out and took over. Wouldn't be the first time I've done that.

I subsequently sank several million credits into it...

https://i.postimg.cc/CxPFpc7N/Screenshot-2021-11-08-12-31-12-805574.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/j2bT4mqs/Screenshot-2021-11-08-12-34-25-649915.jpg

...and now it has basic amenities. I don't play toons in that guild much because most of my attention goes to the guilds I personally created, but it's there.

Edited by xordevoreaux