Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My theory on the new Star Wars trilogy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
My theory on the new Star Wars trilogy

GeoLager's Avatar


GeoLager
12.22.2015 , 01:12 PM | #1
Just follow me on this:

Snoke is Darth Plagueis.

It is mentioned in episode 3 that Plagueis had mastered creating life from the Dark Side.

It was hinted at that Plagueis and Sidious were both individually looking for a way of immortality. Because a Sith can only rule as long as they are alive.

But if Darth Plagueis is dead how can he be Snoke?

*Plot Twist #1*

Darth Plagueis IS dead. Snoke is actually the spirit of Darth Plagueis much like we see with Yoda and Obi Wan post mortem.


Theory time:

Plagueis before he died figured out the key to immortality. The key to immortality is a plot device used in the EU. In the EU, Sidious was able to be resurrected using clones of himself. But the idea of a spirit of using a host body is the key.

*Plot Twist #2*
Plagueis needed a host body that was strong in the force to accept his spirit. His original intention and the whole story is he created Anakin by causing a large shift in the dark side that the light side had to create life, i.e. Anakin. Anakin was supposed to be the host for Plagueis' spirit.


After Plagueis bites the dust, he realizes since he no longer has a physical body, the person has to be entirely enveloped by the Dark Side. He could never get Anakin to fully commit as Luke sensed and Sidious found out, Anakin still had a spark of light.


So Plagueis' next play is not Luke, who has gone to the light, but Ben Solo who was still young and impressionable.


Kylo Ren is to be the host and return of Darth Plagueis.

Maeh's Avatar


Maeh
12.22.2015 , 01:27 PM | #2
So at the end of the third movie, Kylo will pick himself up and toss himself down a large shaft to his death.
I'm posting with no pants on.

I'm hardcore like that.

GeoLager's Avatar


GeoLager
12.22.2015 , 01:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeh View Post
So at the end of the third movie, Kylo will pick himself up and toss himself down a large shaft to his death.
Darth Plagueis fears Luke. Luke is probably the only force user that can stand in the way of Plagueis. Which is why the First Order is hunting him so desperately rather than just waging war against the Republic.


That is until Plagueis/Snoke feels the force awakening in Rey.


There is ultimately going to be a show down of Light versus Dark by episode 9.

SaibotLiu's Avatar


SaibotLiu
12.22.2015 , 01:45 PM | #4
I think they're gonna avoid the whole clone nonsense entirely because it's pretty goofy.

They're hunting Luke because they don't want him training new Jedi, they already stopped him from doing this, they want to make sure he doesn't get started again.

There's just far too much explanation needed for that plot to pick up any steam at all, welcome to prequels all over again, it would be hideous. They're definitely going with K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) and thank god for it.

GeoLager's Avatar


GeoLager
12.22.2015 , 01:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SaibotLiu View Post
I think they're gonna avoid the whole clone nonsense entirely because it's pretty goofy.

They're hunting Luke because they don't want him training new Jedi, they already stopped him from doing this, they want to make sure he doesn't get started again.

There's just far too much explanation needed for that plot to pick up any steam at all, welcome to prequels all over again, it would be hideous. They're definitely going with K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) and thank god for it.

If you read back to some of the things from Lucas after RotJ, the big bad guy in the final trilogy is supposed to be the brains behind the whole thing and the one who was supposed to shape Vader's fate.

This theory fits snuggly into that.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
12.22.2015 , 02:25 PM | #6
If Snoke turns out to be Plagueis , Disney Canon will officially become a joke, if it isn't already.

BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
12.22.2015 , 06:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
If you read back to some of the things from Lucas after RotJ, the big bad guy in the final trilogy is supposed to be the brains behind the whole thing and the one who was supposed to shape Vader's fate.

This theory fits snuggly into that.

yeah except Lucas had very VERY little to do with this
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
12.23.2015 , 12:40 AM | #8
I have faith in Rian Johnson at the helm for the next movie.

I am more nervous about episode IX and Colin Trevorrow. I feel like they gave him the reins simply because Jurassic World raked in cash... which it did, but that doesn't make it a good movie. But he can prove everyone wrong, and he's not writing the screenplay.

Sarfux's Avatar


Sarfux
12.23.2015 , 03:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
yeah except Lucas had very VERY little to do with this
That we know of
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Falensawino's Avatar


Falensawino
12.23.2015 , 10:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
yeah except Lucas had very VERY little to do with this
That we know of
oh that's low.

I read an article saying Lucas didn't like the film but "fans would love it."

I share the sentiment, I expected TFA to be heavier more spiritual and was slightly disappointed by TFA. I think in the grand scheme of the new trilogy, TFA is a carbon copy of A New Hope, introducing all the players but leaving Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi to tell all the heavy stories and carry the weight of the new trilogy.
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link
if you continue to fight, what will you become?