Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoilers* Supreme Leader Snoke * Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
*Spoilers* Supreme Leader Snoke * Spoilers*

renatolnsp
12.20.2015 , 09:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
They choose the title "supreme leader" for a VERY VERY specific reason though.

The German word for leader is Fuherer, Itlian for "the leader" is il Duce.

SW has always heavily implied the empire was facists etc. and TFA is basicly throwing away ANY subtly.

compare and contrast

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-c...t-from-TFA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NG6yedF.jpg
Makes sense, but it's still generic though.

gothshark
12.20.2015 , 10:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Umm,
Spoiler

Also, Darth Gollum...I mean Das Fuehrer Snoke, is the Head of the Knights of Ren. As such we have no idea who they are, they use the Darkside, but seem to nurture Lightside as well. Also the implications are their order is ancient and hidden.
For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. -Douglas Adams

DinoDo
12.21.2015 , 02:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychopyro View Post
All I could see was Supreme Leader Gollum... Yes I know same guy... but I mean they could have worked a little harder to not make him look like Gollum...
I kept seeing Emperor Voldemort and Darth Malfoy.

DarthScruffy
12.21.2015 , 02:33 AM | #24
Valkorion!!!! /sings in a rap/hip hop style.

Please let it be and let him be as flashy as he was in KotFE. He went from ascetic in the JK storyline to "conspicuous consumption" at the drop of a hat.

BrianDavion
12.21.2015 , 02:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by gothshark View Post
Umm,
Spoiler

Also, Darth Gollum...I mean Das Fuehrer Snoke, is the Head of the Knights of Ren. As such we have no idea who they are, they use the Darkside, but seem to nurture Lightside as well. Also the implications are their order is ancient and hidden.
are we sure Snoke is thier leader?
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

RTCBrad
12.21.2015 , 05:42 AM | #26
Hopefully it's Vitiate, far more interesting than Plagueis.

adormitul
12.21.2015 , 07:55 AM | #27
Could he be a really deformed Darth Maul? He is alive after all according to comics and he is a sith lord that saw the rise and fall of the empire and quite powerful in the force.

gothshark
12.21.2015 , 07:01 PM | #28
Snoke, been thinking about him for a while now, and here is what I have...

Warning you are going to hate my conclusion, but the logic works.

1. Snoke is old, claims to be old enough to have seen the Rise of the Empire and the Fall of the Jedi. This means he has to be older than Luke Skywalker.
2. He clearly lost a battle, but lived though wounds that would have killed most.
3. He is probably Human with a bit of an Ego. 20 foot hologram reeks of ego.
4. Snoke is not his birth name, like many Force users, he has assumed that name. Because of it's childish nature I am thinking it's the name of endearment of someone he lost long ago.
5. Snoke knows a lot about the Force, heavily implied he is a force user.
6. Snoke is a New Character Developed by JJ Abrams and is only going to be tied into new content, ie Stuff developed by Disney, and not a character from the Original Trilogy.
7. Snoke is not a Sith, he has never trained under anyone with Sith training, he can not be an Inquisitor.
8. He is wise, and clever, but dense. He uses ideas he has seen before that have failed, but thinks he can do better.

after much deliberation, and crossing out a hundred names of characters, I am left with one person who fits, and you will hate me for implanting this idea. Because it works too well, and you like this guy.

Spoiler
For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. -Douglas Adams

Newyankalt
12.21.2015 , 07:41 PM | #29
Honest opinion... He's Sidious.

Now all these theories about Plagueis could be true but only to an extent, I just highly doubt Sidious would have failed in his assassination of Plagueis. Sidious did succeed in killing him (the scar is from the assassination) but ended up keeping the body in perfect preservation possibly on Kamino.

Now Sidious is a master of dark arts so after his own body was failing he performed a ritual and transferred his life essence to the body of his former master to cheat death. I guess similar to the Palpatine clones. Now Sidious is back leading the empire and has his second chance at converting a Skywalker after Anakin failed to an extent. He also now has hardly any Jedi to oppose him as well.

Idk but I don't believe Plagueis is coming back at least not the actual Plagueis and this was the best I could come up with lol

ChuangTzu
12.21.2015 , 08:19 PM | #30
Since he's not supposed to be Sith, I'm wondering if was a Jedi of the Old Republic. Who was badly injured and left for dead during the clone wars. He turned to the dark side and spent years developing his powers and now has built the first order to destroy the republic and the Jedi for good!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu