Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoilers* Supreme Leader Snoke * Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
*Spoilers* Supreme Leader Snoke * Spoilers*

divinecynic
12.20.2015 , 04:46 AM | #11
Got that would be epic no? I just get this image in my head of him commenting how is his young apprentice (Sidious) thought he killed him. I want him to say something like:

"My time has come. For decades I prepared, grew stronger. While my apprentice rested in his cradle of power believing his people we safe and protected. He was trusted to lead the Republic but Palpatine was deceived, as my powers of the dark side blinded him. Vader was mine. I forged the instrument of my arrogant apprentice's death. He was deceived and now his republic shall fall."

Vyerix
12.20.2015 , 01:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCi1MzJXfGo

Listen, the similarity is obvious.

What was Palpatine talking in that scene?

Darth Plagueis the Wise.
Ok that music. I would never have noticed till you posted these. Except you can hear it or something very very similar to it during the carbonite dream sequence in KotFE. Especially when talking to Valkorion at one point. I'm thinking I just heard this and remembered this post. I had stopped responding to him just to listen.

renatolnsp
12.20.2015 , 06:53 PM | #13
He is...

Spoiler

Wodaz
12.20.2015 , 07:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wulftun View Post
Supreme Leader Snoke: There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?
That would imply Snoke can sense force.
Also:
Spoiler
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I'm kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

maxetius
12.20.2015 , 08:06 PM | #15
In the novelization he states he watched the galactic empire rise and fall

so hes been around

phalczen
12.20.2015 , 08:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
In the novelization he states he watched the galactic empire rise and fall

so hes been around
That's only about 46 galactic standard years.

I doubt its Plageuis only because that would break the rule of two, and JJ Abrams has said Snoke/Ren are not Sith.

ConVallian
12.20.2015 , 09:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by divinecynic View Post
Got that would be epic no? I just get this image in my head of him commenting how is his young apprentice (Sidious) thought he killed him. I want him to say something like:

"My time has come. For decades I prepared, grew stronger. While my apprentice rested in his cradle of power believing his people we safe and protected. He was trusted to lead the Republic but Palpatine was deceived, as my powers of the dark side blinded him. Vader was mine. I forged the instrument of my arrogant apprentice's death. He was deceived and now his republic shall fall."
Give this man a cookie!

ConVallian
12.20.2015 , 09:21 PM | #18
i have three theories 1 he is plageuis 2 he is a former sith apprentice who tried to over throw his master..and failed believed dead and came back into his own after the 2 sith lords died on the death star trying to create his own empire not a typical sith but was once a sith. 3 he is just a powerful being strong in the dark side who has been training on his own and is now strong enough to rule. I hope they release a novel filling in the gaps between 6 and 7

BrianDavion
12.20.2015 , 09:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ConVallian View Post
i have three theories 1 he is plageuis 2 he is a former sith apprentice who tried to over throw his master..and failed believed dead and came back into his own after the 2 sith lords died on the death star trying to create his own empire not a typical sith but was once a sith. 3 he is just a powerful being strong in the dark side who has been training on his own and is now strong enough to rule. I hope they release a novel filling in the gaps between 6 and 7

Here's a 4th for you.

4: He's a former Inqusitor.

Quote:
Totally generic to call someone "Supreme Leader", even Grand Master is a better title, and it's disapointing that one of the best creative crews in the industry along with one of the best directors and screenwriters couldn't come up with something better.
They choose the title "supreme leader" for a VERY VERY specific reason though.

The German word for leader is Fuherer, Itlian for "the leader" is il Duce.

SW has always heavily implied the empire was facists etc. and TFA is basicly throwing away ANY subtly.

compare and contrast

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-c...t-from-TFA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NG6yedF.jpg
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

ConVallian
12.20.2015 , 09:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Here's a 4th for you.

4: He's a former Inqusitor.
They said he seen the rise and fall of the empire, i doubt he is an inquisitor but its still possible i guess. I hopeSnoke is not his real name though i hate that name, love the movie hate the name