Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[SPOILER]This is Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Alert Warning do not read this post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
[SPOILER]This is Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Alert Warning do not read this post

Fazaani
12.17.2015 , 05:07 AM | #11
I liked it. a lot actually.

Only thing that bothered me on theater was the feel that ppl will whine about similarities to EIV
(but then again i dont mind about others opinnions that much so even that is ok )

Liked the "realistic" good guys, flawed and even childish bad guy, struggling if "i have what it takes" to do really bad things and break free. I didn't like the way some ppl just went "total bad from total good" before (i'm more of an 50 shades of force type of guy)

and mixing R2-D2 to Jar Jar and get a near perfect komedian who still wasn't annoying...

Some bad, lot more good 4/5

Let's see what second view brings
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

WDreamer
12.17.2015 , 05:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Fazaani View Post
Some bad, lot more good 4/5

Let's see what second view brings
My sentiments exactly.

Kaedusz
12.17.2015 , 05:57 AM | #13
Haven't watched it (it's not out in my country yet) but reading the comments and especially the original post i must say i knew this would happen.
I mean Disney combined with that horrendous lightsaber that Kylo Ren uses + stripping Star Wars of all substance by removing the EU = a fiasco. (not a market failure, just for me personally)

I am not optimistic at all. I think i will be one of those people that will find something wrong every 10 seconds of the film and leave the cinema frustrated.
I might even wait for it on Netflix or some other carrier, might not even watch it on cinema. Gonna wait for more reviews and spoilers before i decide.

On the other hand setting extremely low expectations might leave me pleasantly surprised but we will see.

Ghost_Spectre
12.17.2015 , 05:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by WDreamer View Post
Wow, guys I actually liked the movie. A solid 4/5 from me.

Just some things to note:

Spoiler

I'll probably watch it again next time with my brother to get any more details.
I put my reply inside your spoiler tag.

Oh I forgot to say this:

I thoroughly loved the movie. I was heart broken at

Spoiler

I was fully entertained and kept on the edge of my seat during those times that everything was full speed. Action sequences were great.
Spoiler

All in all my score for this movie is 4.5/5. I look forward to the final two episodes. I believe they will be even better.
Creative Vision Games & Stryker Gaming Ltd
Stryker Gaming Live Stream: Stryker Gaming TV
Free 7 day sub: Referral Code

StrykerGamingLtd FB page

Varium
12.17.2015 , 09:28 AM | #15
I'm wondering about Kylo Ren
Spoiler
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

Master-Nala
12.17.2015 , 09:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Varium View Post
I'm wondering about Kylo Ren
Spoiler
Are you trying to impugn the virtue of :

Spoiler
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Varium
12.17.2015 , 09:59 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post

Spoiler
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

Master-Nala
12.17.2015 , 10:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Varium View Post
Are you saying:

Spoiler
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

raandomname
12.17.2015 , 11:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post

Spoiler
Honestly him being called Ben was kind of a shock, because Ben used to be Luke's son.

raandomname
12.17.2015 , 11:21 AM | #20
Generally I think that the main cast was very good (aside from Ren's completely stupid and unnecesary anger issues), but the wider story and galaxy around them was very lackluster and unexplained, which is especially disappointing since its worldbuilding pretty much defines Star Wars. For a movie with that large of a budget and technological capabilities, I also felt that much of the combat was very underwhelming. Finally the New Order's blatant space-Nazism felt really out of place.