Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My theory on the new Star Wars trilogy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
My theory on the new Star Wars trilogy

BrianDavion
12.24.2015 , 06:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Falensawino View Post
oh that's low.

I read an article saying Lucas didn't like the film but "fans would love it."

I share the sentiment, I expected TFA to be heavier more spiritual and was slightly disappointed by TFA. I think in the grand scheme of the new trilogy, TFA is a carbon copy of A New Hope, introducing all the players but leaving Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi to tell all the heavy stories and carry the weight of the new trilogy.

Lucas said he enjoyed it. and honestly TFA was what I expected. they played it safe and kept to the well loved tropes. doing something differnt, focused on "weighter matters" is argueably what hurt the prequals
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

starrwalker
12.24.2015 , 06:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Falensawino View Post
oh that's low.

I read an article saying Lucas didn't like the film but "fans would love it."

I share the sentiment, I expected TFA to be heavier more spiritual and was slightly disappointed by TFA. I think in the grand scheme of the new trilogy, TFA is a carbon copy of A New Hope, introducing all the players but leaving Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi to tell all the heavy stories and carry the weight of the new trilogy.
the new story in my mind sucked no mention of Mara jade sky walker, no mention the fact that han had three kids
the new dark jedi was jaden solo not ben... ben skywalker is luke's son by mara jade and jaden killed mara
in the expanded universe to which Disney failed to listen to... so with this in mind I have decided not to see this farce of a movie for a fan of the old movies I hear this one is doing kk I wish them well but not interested killing off han was a stupid thing to do.. ever sense the return of the jedi I have enjoyed the books from the series and this story fails
rodney moore

SithKoriandr
12.24.2015 , 06:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by starrwalker View Post
the new story in my mind sucked no mention of Mara jade sky walker, no mention the fact that han had three kids
the new dark jedi was jaden solo not ben... ben skywalker is luke's son by mara jade and jaden killed mara
in the expanded universe to which Disney failed to listen to... so with this in mind I have decided not to see this farce of a movie for a fan of the old movies I hear this one is doing kk I wish them well but not interested killing off han was a stupid thing to do.. ever sense the return of the jedi I have enjoyed the books from the series and this story fails
Killing off Han was great, since they decided to keep the original actors and not recast them as younger and start sooner after RotJ.

Harrison is 73 years old. He can't continue to play Han forever, and it would seem they don't think fans can handle the characters being recast. Obviously they didn't think fans could handle Chewie being dead
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry