Why is Mako only Light Side Choices?

Vedric

Pretty sure mako approved some dark side choices such as the killing of that bartender in balmorra(since he was a *******). In any case, just gift her and use another companion for dark side choices dialogues and summon her again after the cinematic is over Edited by Sethuriel

Mako is *mostly* light side. But every now and then a she'll approve Dark Side choices.

On Alderaan, there's this d-bag of a noble you're supposed to get info from and he insults you every step of the way. The Dark Side choices where you punch him in the face, then after a quick fight with his guards you do it again (repeatedly I might add) gets points from Mako (and is one of the most satisfying scenes in the BH storyline lol) :cool:

Does the Bounty Hunter get another choice for a companion that likes for darker choices and also provides for a romance story line aswell? Or can Mako be changed to like darker choices?

she isnt light, she is BH, pick the most profitable solution and she is always happy, sometimes dark choices too.

fyi normally i will get a +15 a time or two then a -1 when i go dark at the end, still net positive.

I still wish they would have put a ruthless killer version of mako in so that we had a choice of who to romance.

If you want that, play an agent and romance Kaliyo. :)

Mako is, overall, a nice girl. There shouldn't be some secret mass-murderer option for her.

My BH has made her cringe quite often with her dark side choices. But since I can't romance her anyway (*sniff*), I don't mind upsetting her now and then.

because thats the char?...you might as well ask why is kaliyo a sociopathic ***** or gault a self centred scumbag...

besides Bounty hunter is definatly leaning towards the light side ..

you get more credits for live bounties generally.

Edited by Leyv

good to know thank you.

I still wish they would have put a ruthless killer version of mako in so that we had a choice of who to romance.

The whole point of Mako being lightside is to make you choose between being the bad *** bounty hunter, or gaining affection with your love interest. That way it makes the game a little more indepth, do you really want to kill the mom and her kids because she looked at your the wrong way? Probably.. But will Mako like you afterwords? Likely not. Moral choices.

The whole point of Mako being lightside is to make you choose between being the bad *** bounty hunter, or gaining affection with your love interest. That way it makes the game a little more indepth, do you really want to kill the mom and her kids because she looked at your the wrong way? Probably.. But will Mako like you afterwords? Likely not. Moral choices.

And think of it like this.. Make a code for yourself that you follow. Do you want to play as the cold heartless killer that doesn't care what happens as long as he gets paid, or do you want to go by a strict code where you're nice to your clients, and get the job done exactly the way the client asks, and you never go back on your contract, even for more credits?

Mako's only going to like one of those, but the other one's a little more fun.

And think of it like this.. Make a code for yourself that you follow. Do you want to play as the cold heartless killer that doesn't care what happens as long as he gets paid, or do you want to go by a strict code where you're nice to your clients, and get the job done exactly the way the client asks, and you never go back on your contract, even for more credits?

Mako's only going to like one of those, but the other one's a little more fun.

Sadly, I find this isn't actually true. Almost lvl 30 merc, and most of the time the bounty will start begging/negotiating for you to spare them, and unless she personally doesn't like them (AKA only in story missions, not regular quests) she'll get cross if you don't choose a light side option if it involves sparing them.

To say "oh you only get a -1 to affection" isn't really true, also. You not only lose 1 affection, you lose the 15 affection (or occasionally even 40) you would've netted by choosing the mako-friendly option.

The issue is compounded if you're trying to go for a neutral character, like I am.

Still, I can't resist picking dialogue options that make me laugh. Such is life as a bounty hunter. I just love that she never seems to mind if I flirt with evil sith ladies.

I like to pull Gault out for conversations because Mako's a little.. dull. Gault is, for the most part, pretty funny and responds more how I would imagine a bounty hunter would. Plus..I play with Mako most of the time and I have no intention of buying the others 10k's worth of happiness.

fyi normally i will get a +15 a time or two then a -1 when i go dark at the end, still net positive.

This. I've made sooooo much more affection with her through normal non LS/DS conversational +15s compared to the far and few LS/DS choices that it really doesn't matter which side i pick. Some quests i can make upwards of 140 affection with her through normal conversation after getting the -1 from the DS kill the **** at the end choice.

She's really easy to gain affection with if you use her frequently enough, and act like a friggin bounty hunter.

• 6 years later...