I found out something about skipping story, kinda need help

sadjawanoises

Hei guys,

So I have found something while playing on PTS. When I create a character and level it up with booster it completly counts me as I finished that storyline and gives me buff, legacy skill etc.

I'm not new here, just new account so I want to see the endgame again with new expansion so just wanted to skip all class stories and get their buff for good. If I do what I did on PTS, will it be the same thing or what? I know it wasn't counting as completed on normal servers but maybe they changed it later so.

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate the help.

Edited by sadjawanoises

Skipping the story will give you results you may not want or companions that you did want may be gone depending on your faction. Make sure that is what you want so we don't have to see you back here complaining about NOT getting what you thought you were going to get or not having what you wanted to keep.

If I am understanding correctly you want to ignore the class story, leveling up through other means (flashpoints, heroics, etc), then jump to Fallen Empire, Eternal Throne, or Ossus, is that correct? You only get the class buff unlocked for all characters, and the buffs for completing all class companion conversations, if you actually play the entire story and do all conversations (class comp conversations are unlocked by progressing through your story now and no longer dependent on influence). Even though starting Fallen Empire, Eternal Throne, and Ossus auto-complete your class story and all companion conversations, that's not considered the same as actually playing that content. So, for example, even though the class story is considered complete you won't get the titles that you earn for playing the story.

I have, on a couple different characters, ignored the class story and only played planetary story missions and side missions before. I did that on a Consular character. I played the class story through Coruscant in order to get my ship and then ignored the rest of the story (I have something like 10 Consulars so skipping the story once wasn't a big deal). I received my Jedi title for completing Coruscant, but since I didn't play Corellia and finish the class story I didn't get my Master title when I jumped into Fallen Empire.

Long story short, if you want the benefits that come from completing the class story and companion conversations you actually have to play the class story and run the comp conversations.

ETA: Using an Outlander token to start at level 60 or 65 also doesn't count for unlocking a species for all classes in the same way as leveling to level 50 does.

Edited by ceryxp

There are a few options.

Create a level 1 character and grind XP to max level.

Certainly works, but without playing the class story to at least the end of the fraction's capital planet, you won't have your ship. Without it you can't accept flagship transports for example and will have difficulties to travel the galaxy.

Without playing the class story you are also restricted to companions from Cartel Market, ingame events or promotions, Also the class story quest is not possible to abandon, you'll have it in your questlog until either you finish it or the end of your character's days.

In theory you could grind to 70 and then start with the latest story part, Jedi under siege, as that should autocomplete the whole KOTFE,KOTET, Iokath, Alliance and the Traitor arc, you probably also autocomplete the class story and would get your ship that way. Never tried that though, so not sure about that.

Master Datacron from the Cartel Market (3200 coins, currently on sale for 2000)

The item pushes one character (from level 1 to 69) to 70 without finishing any story, included is a lootbox with starting gear and this grants you your starship and the ship droid as companion.

Character token from the Cartel Market (2000 coins)

Allows you to create a level 60 or 65 character to either start into KOTFE or KOTET, the token also grants an additional server character slot. Just like starting one of those story parts with any other character, class story will be autocomplete depending on your faction (Republic light side, Empire dark side) If you start into KOTET, KOTFE will auto complete too.

Edited by Khaleijo

First I want to thank you all for your comments,

What I'm saying is in PTS I used level booster and boom my class buff, legacy skill, legendary player status for that class and even companion missions were done. Earlier in the game I was leveling to 70 and playing class stories because I knew it would not count as I completed them if I skip. What I saw in PTS made me think if I skip maybe it would count. I played all stories with my ex-account so didn't want to play them.

I think I'm going to play just three class stories and my main, thanks again.