An in-depth look at: Count Dooku- Endgame

Aurbere

"Your swords please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor."- Count Dooku

Originally I was going to give a historical account of Dooku's actions during the Clone Wars, but I have decided against it. Dooku's activities during the Clone Wars are still being explored by The Clone Wars TV show, so a thread discussing his actions during the War would be incomplete. Instead, I have decided to discuss Dooku's role in the war.

Count Dooku served as the face of the Sith. A target for his master's enemies while he continues to do the work of the Sith. Dooku was tasked by his master to assemble more allies to continue the war effort. Count Dooku masterfully manipulated countless worlds to join the Confederacy. He fed them what they wanted to hear, to the point that the delegates would begin lying to themselves and telling themselves false promises. He easily navigated the political minefield to continue to draw more systems into the Confederate fold.

Dooku served as the head of the Confederate Council. He used his political skills to manipulate systems already in the Confederacy by lulling them into a sort of fanaticism. Finding that which drives his allies most, whether it is freedom, power or wealth, and feeding that desire. Through subtle manipulations and small gifts, Count Dooku easily kept his allies bound to his, and his master's, cause.

While quite capable in battle, Count Dooku preferred to oversee the war effort led by his cyborg General Grievous through a constant stream of progress reports. Victories or defeats, they mattered not. Dooku trusted in the plans of his master. Dooku would create treaties with potential allies to further the war effort, but would also task his Dark Jedi Assassin Asajj Ventress to eliminate possible threats to his plans.

Count Dooku was the target of the Jedi Order. His death would be the beginning of the end for the Seperatist Alliance. And that death would come all too soon.

Darth Sidious' master plan was unfolding. The war was creating chaos across the galaxy, but Sidious was focused on one man: Anakin Skywalker. The Dark Lord of the Sith commanded Dooku and General Grievous to attack Coruscant, to kidnap Chancellor Palpatine and draw Anakin Skywalker back to Coruscant. Not that he told them that that was the reason.

After Grievous returned to his flagship with the Chancellor-the Sith Lord- in tow, Dooku discussed his plans with his master. Darth Sidious commanded his apprentice to bring Anakin closer to the Dark Side. They both concurred that Obi-Wan Kenobi was the final barrier to knock down to make Anakin a Sith Lord. In order to complete Darth Sidious' plan, Kenobi had to die.

Luring Kenobi and Skywalker to the command tower of the Invisible Hand, Dooku prepared for a final confrontation. Flanked by battle droids, Count Dooku commanded the two Jedi surrender, knowing full well they would not. The three duelists drew their weapons and began a final duel.

The two Jedi attacked using basic attacks, confusing Dooku. Surely the best of the Jedi could do better. They proved they could when they switched to their forms of choice, relentlessly attacking Dooku and forcing him onto the defensive. Dooku quickly fell back and assessed the situation and switched tactics to regain control of the duel. Using the Force, Dooku incapacitated Obi-Wan and focused on Anakin Skywalker.

The duel began to escalate as Dooku used Dun Moch to bring Anakin further down the path of the Dark Side and, Dooku hoped, make mistakes that would lead to a victory for Dooku. Unfortunately, Anakin's use of Djem So, and his increasing emotional instability, led to him using a quick move to amputate Dooku's hands.

Dooku was more shocked than in pain. He looked to his master for help, but his role in the Grand Plan was over. At the insistence of the Chancellor, Anakin decapitated the Count, ending his threat to the galaxy.

A not so graceful end for the graceful duelist. In the end, Dooku was only a pawn in a game of holochess played only by Sidious. Dooku lived his life on guard against betrayal, never suspecting that his own master would backstab him.

Dooku was one of the greatest duelists of all time. Not merely because of his mastery of the Makashi Form, but because he was smart. Leverage, balance, grace all came to him naturally. Dooku could easily adapt to any situation he found himself in. His skill with the lightsaber rivaled that of Mace Windu and Master Yoda. He was also very powerful in the Force, once considered to be the Chosen One, but further analysis of the Prophecy showed that he was not.

But Dooku's greatest accomplishments were political. Dooku's charisma led to the creation of one of the most powerful armies in the history of the galaxy. He was able to manipulate countless worlds to join his alliance without the use of the Force. He preferred to let delegates convince themselves of Dooku's sincerity, to the point that he could tell them anything and they would go along with it.

Dooku will forever be remembered for his skill with the blade, his skill in politics and the man who helped deliver the galaxy to Darth Sidious on a silver platter.

Our analysis of Count Dooku is complete.

If you have a topic you would like to see in the future, post them below of PM me.

Great ending of the analysis on Dooku and also a very good read as always. Btw, I would really love it if you do a similar analysis on Darth Maul or Grand Moff Tarkin(two of my favourite characters). Would you be interested in exploring those characters in more depth?

Kreia! Kreia! Kreia! :D

Great ending of the analysis on Dooku and also a very good read as always. Btw, I would really love it if you do a similar analysis on Darth Maul or Grand Moff Tarkin(two of my favourite characters). Would you be interested in exploring those characters in more depth?

Those are good ideas and I will probably address them later. Not sure who I'm doing next, guess we'll find out by the end of the week.

Dooku's Dun Moch actually worked, but Palpatine helped Anakin to control his fury so it's end game for Dooku.

Just like Saruman, both are powerful, cunning and influential but neither of them could escape from such fate.

I think it actually worked for both Anakin and Dooku. Had Palpatine not been there to control Anakin's rage, Dooku would have most likely won. But since Palpatine was there to keep Anakin focused, Anakin was able to focus his aggressive emotions into his Djem So form, which benefits from emotion. That's one of the things that seperates Plo Koon from Anakin. They both mastered the Djem So form, but Anakin was far more deadly with it because he used his aggressive emotions to "enhance" the Form, whereas Plo Koon uses his calm demeanor to execute the heavy strikes of the Form in a tactical manner to break an opponent's defenses.

Dooku and Saruman are both very similar in personality. Cunning and influential, they were both capable of manipulating many to serve them.

Its really good.

And it goes in detail about Palps Grand Plan and Maul and all them hubberlubber's during the Clone Wars.

I had a feeling it would have something to do with the Plan. I plan on going into detail on the Grand Plan after I read Plagueis.

I had a feeling it would have something to do with the Plan. I plan on going into detail on the Grand Plan after I read Plagueis.

Its basically, as everyone will tell you - Episode 0. Well worth a read. An in-depth on the Grand Plan would be very interesting, and maybe one on midi-chlorian manipulation (it focuses on that too) if it sparks your interest.

Its basically, as everyone will tell you - Episode 0. Well worth a read. An in-depth on the Grand Plan would be very interesting, and maybe one on midi-chlorian manipulation (it focuses on that too) if it sparks your interest.

I have a feeling The Grand Plan will be the best one, imo. One of the Trademarks of a good villain is the ability to make your goals unclear. The guys that always want to take over the galaxy or MAIM,KILL,BURN(:D) are really generic. Sidious and Plagueis had a generic plan, but made it so complicated that it takes some good detective work to figure it out, and they made it awesome.

Edited by Aurbere

I have a feeling The Grand Plan will be the best one, imo. One of the Trademarks of a good villain is the ability to make your goals unclear. The guys that always want to take over the galaxy or MAIM,KILL,BURN(:D) are really generic. Sidious and Plagueis had a generic plan and made it awesome.

I know, its just awesome. "The Grand Plan" it just reeks of mwahahaha :D

I have a feeling The Grand Plan will be the best one, imo. One of the Trademarks of a good villain is the ability to make your goals unclear. The guys that always want to take over the galaxy or MAIM,KILL,BURN(:D) are really generic. Sidious and Plagueis had a generic plan, but made it so complicated that it takes some good detective work to figure it out, and they made it awesome.

And one of the reasons why I love Plageuis(Character) is because he is unlike 90% of the Sith we usually see.

He was in fact opposite of most, he isn't brutish and doesn't have crazy attack moves like Sidious or Caedus. Instead he is more of a Scholar of the Dark-Side and the Force. And that was really interesting.

And one of the reasons why I love Plageuis(Character) is because he is unlike 90% of the Sith we usually see.

He was in fact opposite of most, he isn't brutish and doesn't have crazy attack moves like Sidious or Caedus. Instead he is more of a Scholar of the Dark-Side and the Force. And that was really interesting.

He also thought about share power with others to rule the galaxy, I think Dooku could make a good pair with him.

I like the scholarly characters the most. I like wise characters that can still hold their own in a fight, and I'm betting the master of Sidious can do just that.

I'm not such a big fan of the Brutes either.