Just realized the best part about tanking in SWTOR!

Michaelphoenix

Please tell us that you haven't unsubbed from WoW and are going back today.

OK, so he would like to actually see the story from a new instance the first time he goes through instead of having to spacebar through everything to save a few minutes over the course of the whole event (or risk getting kicked by some mindless super gung-ho group leader), and HE'S the one that needs to go back to WoW?

Right....

OK, so he would like to actually see the story from a new instance the first time he goes through instead of having to spacebar through everything to save a few minutes over the course of the whole event (or risk getting kicked by some mindless super gung-ho group leader), and HE'S the one that needs to go back to WoW?

Right....

haha good one! i do agree with the OP. I love watching story (if i havent see it yet), the group can wait, they are used to anyway .. you know ... standing around in the fleet for 1hr because they decided to roll a one button dps

When it's your first time, say something before going in to the instance. Normally your groupmates are understanding human beings and will allow you to watch the story.

Now if we did this instance 20 times already and you are not pressing the spacebar, then I'm not grouping with you next time.

I have no problem waiting for someone to see the cut-scene - I think they are awesome. However, if you are doing it solely to make people angry, then please go back to WoW. That attitude ruined it, and would like to enjoy one game without it, so stick with the one that you've already ruined.

I have no problem waiting for someone to see the cut-scene - I think they are awesome. However, if you are doing it solely to make people angry, then please go back to WoW. That attitude ruined it, and would like to enjoy one game without it, so stick with the one that you've already ruined.

I didn't get the impression that he was doing it to make people angry. I got the impression that he is watching the cutscenes because he wants to, dislikes being given grief over it, and is enjoying the realization that the rage of those giving him grief is toothless because he is the tank and not easily replaced.

I think this is a pretty common sentiment among tanks who have had to deal with obnoxious dps (and to a lesser extent, obnoxious healers) for years of gaming, and it extends to a lot of things other than cutscenes.

I know in the later days of my time in WoW I ended up reaching the point where I refused to tank for anyone but my guild, a decision which greatly reduced my stress level and brought me back to the point where I could actually enjoy tanking.

I didn't get the impression that he was doing it to make people angry.

Any statement that ends with a "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!" certainly gives the impression that it was said to aggravate and provoke.

On the other hand, I'm going to watch all the cutscenes, especially for a new Flashpoint or Heroic Mission. I'm here for the Star Wars feel, not the over-anxious, shortened attention span, rushing-through-content-so-you-can-be-bored-in-a-week MMO experience. If someone is really that upset about it that they'd leave the group and start over, then I feel bad for them.

Edited by flyersfan

Any statement that ends with a "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!" certainly gives the impression that it was said to aggravate and provoke.

Nah, blatant evil maniacal laughter is too over the top to be read straight. When I see something like that, I'm more inclined to think the poster is being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

At least, that's how I see it.

Right.... 

As I said previously, I don't mind someone watching the cut-scenes, unless it is out of spite to piss people off. LTR

Nah, blatant evil maniacal laughter is too over the top to be read straight. When I see something like that, I'm more inclined to think the poster is being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

At least, that's how I see it.

I read it as him coming to complain about someone else watching the cut-scenes. As you say, such maniacal laughter can't be read straight. My interpretation was a passive-aggressive complaint against a tank who made him wait 2 minutes earlier and there was nothing he could do about it.

Interestingly, I have only encountered people getting annoyed at others for not hitting the spacebar when I rolled an Imperial alt on a PvP server. I've yet to see it on my Rep or Imp PvE servers.

I like to invite my entire FP team, as a tank, to reflect on the violence we have committed, and be sure they're emotionally prepared for the next pull.

I offer grief counselling if somebody died, and comorbidity evaluation as a complimentary service for those that find themselves suffering from multiple expressions of guilt, depression, dysaffection, listlessness or irriitable DPS syndrome.

Sometimes I won't let the team progress until they assure me absolutely that everything is ok and everbody is psychologically, emotionally and technically prepared to move on.

Because I'm a tank, and I'm here for you. I'm here to protect you from the terrible secrets of space.

Later in PVP, I will sometimes also be the one pushing you down the stairs. But then, pushing you down the stairs or into the huttball fire also protects you from the terrible secret of space, so I am at peace.

/bigsmile

I like to invite my entire FP team, as a tank, to reflect on the violence we have committed, and be sure they're emotionally prepared for the next pull.

I offer grief counselling if somebody died, and comorbidity evaluation as a complimentary service for those that find themselves suffering from multiple expressions of guilt, depression, dysaffection, listlessness or irriitable DPS syndrome.

Sometimes I won't let the team progress until they assure me absolutely that everything is ok and everbody is psychologically, emotionally and technically prepared to move on.

Because I'm a tank, and I'm here for you. I'm here to protect you from the terrible secrets of space.

Later in PVP, I will sometimes also be the one pushing you down the stairs. But then, pushing you down the stairs or into the huttball fire also protects you from the terrible secret of space, so I am at peace.

/bigsmile

I sense conflict within..

/bigsmile

This... Was... Amazing.

He did say new instance in the original post.

LTR

Please do

/bigsmile

Epic.

I will forever feel that every time I kill someone in pvp that I am protecting them from the terrible secrets of space, a worthy cause to be certain.

You sir, made my day.

i have no problem waiting for someone to see the cut-scene - i think they are awesome. However, if you are doing it solely to make people angry, then please go back to wow. That attitude ruined it, and would like to enjoy one game without it, so stick with the one that you've already ruined.

he did say new instance in the original post.

ltr

please do

^ Beat down rating: 10/10