Best way to solve faction imbalances ?

Kalaildar

Obviously something NEEDS to be done about faction imbalances, because thats the kind of stuff that can easily derail and completely kill a game. So im curious what others think the best way to fix it would be.

I mean they could go the route of Warhammer (which worked shockingly well) and offer exp/valor bonuses to people who make new chars on the republic up to xx level.

They could offer free faction changes, to try to rope out players who dont want to abandon chars they already leveled.

Or imo the easiest thing to do (albeit I have no idea how effective), would simply be to add a couple of unique/cool character races (just races, 100% cosmetic) ONLY to the republic side in an attempt to draw more players over there. I mean adding something like wookies and droids or something, could only help !

They should have seen this coming. The Empire's stories are better. The races are cooler. The classes have more flair. The starting areas look better. The armor is cooler. All the movies hyped the crap out of the Empire.

And now everyone's shocked when 2/3 of the playerbase rolled Empire.

I think there's a PvP forum. Maybe you'd get more CARE there?

I hope they never nerf any class to fix PvP ballance. better to remove PvP altogheter.

?

What does any of this have to do with faction balance whatsoever ?

Faction balance has NOTHING to do with classes (mirror classes derp), and having one side of the faction completely die out (people being unable to find groups/raids/fps/etc on republic side due to grossly low pop) is a bad thing for a game.

?

What does any of this have to do with faction balance whatsoever ?

Faction balance has NOTHING to do with classes (mirror classes derp), and having one side of the faction completely die out (people being unable to find groups/raids/fps/etc on republic side due to grossly low pop) is a bad thing for a game.

She's saying the empire side had better storylines and better looking races. This makes it more appealing.

What's wrong with you can you not read?

Obviously something NEEDS to be done about faction imbalances, because thats the kind of stuff that can easily derail and completely kill a game. So im curious what others think the best way to fix it would be.

I mean they could go the route of Warhammer (which worked shockingly well) and offer exp/valor bonuses to people who make new chars on the republic up to xx level.

They could offer free faction changes, to try to rope out players who dont want to abandon chars they already leveled.

Or imo the easiest thing to do (albeit I have no idea how effective), would simply be to add a couple of unique/cool character races (just races, 100% cosmetic) ONLY to the republic side in an attempt to draw more players over there. I mean adding something like wookies and droids or something, could only help !

Or how about you quit trying to dictate how people want to play their own toons? People want to play Sith more...and that shouldn't be any concern of yours.

Or how about you quit trying to dictate how people want to play their own toons? People want to play Sith more...and that shouldn't be any concern of yours.

lol what dictate how people want to play their own toons ?

My point was if you let one faction die out, then people on that faction wont be able to find groups/enjoy the social points of a game, and then further all either quit the game or go to the other faction.

And guess what happens then ? This game suddenly joins Warhammer and FFXIV in the failed mmo graveyard.

Has nothing to do with "dictating how people play their toons" but rather giving the people options and incentives that benefit the entire community as a whole.

If you think think them adding new content is "dictating how to play" then youre really not understanding the big picture

Game is two days old, dude. What population imbalance? You can make Republic and Empire toons on the same server.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Wasn't aware there was a faction imbalance.

The Sith are cool, I must admit...but IMO being a Jedi is a special thing. Leveling a Republic toon I see just as many people running around.

I honestly feel all the classes are equally cool.

Knight for the whole Mace/Luke feel of being the hero

Consular to play the cool old wise Master Jedi

Trooper...look at the big frackken gun please...yeah...the armor ain't too bad either (considering you can get it to match lol...)

Smuggler...really...nuf said. It's just an automatic cool factor there

Sith Warrior...Vader? Some cool robotic armor...a cape too

Inquisitor...Lightning, cloaks, nuff said...

Bounty Hunter...same thing with the Smuggler.

Agent...admitteddly I feel this is the least appealing class but still when you give it a go it is hard not to love it. A lot of people have said the story is really good also.

Edited by Crash-X

On most servers 60-70% of the player base is empire, and it becomes exponentially more obvious to anyone who is either on a pvp server, or who has queued for warzones (and noticed that like 90% of the matches are empire vs empire).

While its not as big of an issue now while the game is brand new and most players are the same lvl, but once the subscribership tapers off and peoples levels become more spread out the differences should become more blatant

On most servers 60-70% of the player base is empire, and it becomes exponentially more obvious to anyone who is either on a pvp server, or who has queued for warzones (and noticed that like 90% of the matches are empire vs empire).

While its not as big of an issue now while the game is brand new and most players are the same lvl, but once the subscribership tapers off and peoples levels become more spread out the differences should become more blatant

And 93% of all statistics are made up on the spot...

Actually, I think the trooper and the agent are my favorites. Trooper, because of the voice actress of the female version, and agent because, well, you're an intergalactic superspy. It's pretty friggin' awesome.

I honestly feel all the classes are awesome. So much so It came down the final minutes to settle on Sith Warrior for me since it was my initial first choice I figured to just stick with it.

Advertising is powerful. The trailers I saw all were biased to Sith classes, except for one. Also, the Sith BH and Imperial Agent just seem to appeal more than Smuggler and Trooper. There are quite a few making Jedi Knights, but a Sith Inquisitor is going to win out over Jedi Consular. Now there is the Sith Warrior, well....seems like they are the most popular class hands down on the information I have been seeing.

I am therefore making Republic toons, just to go against he grain. Hope they figure something out down the road though.

I hope they never nerf any class to fix PvP ballance. better to remove PvP altogheter.

THAT would kill the game. The guild system is a 250k player litmus test for population preference. Take a close look. There are more PvP players then RP and PvE put together. So much for that feeling of PvE entitlement, eh? :rolleyes:

I think a few more Species for the republic could help (like Cathar and Togruta), also more mean looking outfits for the Republic would be nice (regardless if one plays dark side or not). And the Marketing could really do a better job in telling people that Republic does not necessary means you have to be the nice guy, but that you can go pretty dark there too (so far I think playing dark side on republic is not rewarding enough).

It would probably help if the opening cinematic didn't make the Republic look so disgusting. I was considering making my character a Republican Trooper since I thought it seemed like the coolest class, but after watching that cinematic and recovering from trying to gouge my eyes and ears out, I just rolled Empire instead.

I get that the Empire is meant to be mostly evil and Republic mostly good, but the republic is just so disgustingly cheesy good.

Stop being fail, the kid you're ragging on was most likely talking about the fundamental problems with the pvp itself not the class imbalances. If he was he is indeed a tool since any imbalances won't be noticeable for months at the least. But either way, yea let's hate on pvp cause I'm a noob who can't do anything in a game that isn't scripted for me. Jeeze I hate noobs who rag on stuff just because they can't do it.

The population issue does seem to exist on my server as well. I have noticed mostly huttball at many hours during the day. However the game is still in early stages and one can be optimistic and hope for a transition into a more leveled out playing field. It does appear more attention was placed on Empire over Republic after playing both sides.

I think the suggestion above about the increased experience and rewards to the lesser faction is a fantastic idea. I for one would be inspired to make some republic toons. Alas this is something we would not be seeing for many months if ever.

I trust bioware to come up with a solution.