The Big Question: Did BioWare invite Top WoW Raiding Guilds to Guild Summit...

Do you think BioWare did the smart thing and actually went out of their way to invite Top WoW World Raiding Guilds to their Guild Summit that do not play their game to ask them what SWTOR is missing that WoW has or why they played beta but never switched for SWTOR over WoW.

Because I think the hardest honest truths would come out of the Top World guilds who will lay out on a silver platter with no hand holding "But its a good game." low end guilds would say and just hit BioWare hard with the hard truth of the matter of what realistically needs to change ASAP so that BioWare re-aligns priorities if they wish to save their MMORPG.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No because operations were not tested in beta and furthermore you can get the same information for a lot less with a survey. High end raiding is less skill and more time and organization than most think. Inviting a group of hardcore raiders from another game would have only been beneficial prelaunch. Edited by Cepheid

How is getting feedback and influence from the sub 1% player demographic a smart thing? Bioware should care less about such a tiny fraction of customers and potential customers and instead focus on making this game a good experience for all. Endgame raiding is not any kind of savior to this game if only a minority of Players use the content. Edited by Vincire

They could even do a step better by inviting guilds that quit SWTOR recently, regardless of what games they played previously. If they do, good for them.

What concerns me about this summit is that the best guilds are probably playing on the high-pop servers for the most part, and are unaware of the plight of the ghost town servers. I hope there will be someone there to give us a voice. :(

Edited by Stenrik

Do you think BioWare did the smart thing and actually went out of their way to invite Top WoW World Raiding Guilds to their Guild Summit that do not play their game to ask them what SWTOR is missing that WoW has or why they played beta but never switched for SWTOR over WoW.

It would only be the "smart" thing if BW was looking to make a game that appealed to those groups.

However, since every indication is that those people aren't their target audience I would say it would be rather pointless to invite them.

How is getting feedback and influence from the sub 1% player demographic a smart thing? Bioware should care less about such a tiny fraction of customers and potential customers and instead focus on making this game a good experience for all.

Because the top 1% of the Raiding world depicts how long of a life a PvE oriented MMO has to live.

Lets examine Rift....great first 6 months...many top WoW guilds switched...Greenscale came out and Trion ignored bugs like BioWare is about to do by ignoring SoA's issues...and just released new content neglecting the old...(A cop out to many 1% Raiders)

In response...Top Raiders quit....the game died off fast.

Look at SWTORs beta/free month....tons and tons of people....then they get to end game....and now a ton of servers are ghost towns. Why?

Because the 1% did not stick around...and when the 1% don't stick around the 99% take notice...and they think the 1% know something isnt worth playing so they leave too.

Because the top 1% of the Raiding world depicts how long of a life a PvE oriented MMO has to live.

Lets examine Rift....great first 6 months...many top WoW guilds switched...Greenscale came out and Trion ignored bugs like BioWare is about to do by ignoring SoA's issues...and just released new content neglecting the old...(A cop out to many 1% Raiders)

Look at SWTORs beta/free month....tons and tons of people....then they get to end game....and now a ton of servers are ghost towns. Why?

Because the 1% did not stick around...and when the 1% don't stick around the 99% take notice...and they think the 1% know something isnt worth playing so they leave too.

nonsense that you are attempting to disguise as fact.

As or Rift, there are a lot of reasons that the game died off. Raiding guilds folding is not in the top ten reasons.

Sometimes I wonder if anybody working on SWTOR flashpoints and operations had ever even done a full raid in WoW, because the fight mechanics in SWTOR are childish and rudimentary compared to the best WoW fights.

Sometimes I wonder if anybody working on SWTOR flashpoints and operations had ever even done a full raid in WoW, because the fight mechanics in SWTOR are childish and rudimentary compared to the best WoW fights.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is the #1 reason anyone will tell you that.

Interestingly you got the 6 months bit right about my sub duration for Rift.

But you got my reason for cancelling totally wrong. Heaping so much influence on such a niche minority group is a tad rediculous.

not sure if srs.

if srs then lololololololololololololol

It'd be ridiculous to invite WoW guilds that have never played the SWTOR raids this is a guild event NOT a raiders event. Guilds aren't all raiders. To be honest If they made raids like they did WoW's raids I'd probably consider killing myself. I hate WoW i hate its raid mentality and I hated that mentality since its first year of life. While I enjoy doing content and raids with large groups WoW's raid designer has pissed me off for life so I'd rather never have any of those whiney 1% WoW raiders have any control or say in how SWTOR"s raids work.

I'd rather guild ideas, raids, and discussions at Summit's like this be what they should be. Between the devs and its playerbase happy, sad, or angry. It'd be like Asking that EvE invite players who've never liked or played EvE to come to one of its Summit events. Ridiculous.

It is the #1 reason anyone will tell you that.

The mistake Rift made was making a game for the 1%.

The 1% of course loved it, but the casuals were quitting in droves. Then in attempt to save the sinking ship they nerfed all the end game content so people outside the 1% might actually play it. This, of course, ticked off the 1% so they left as well.

I hope they didnt and wont ask anyone outside TOR about the state of the game. I am sorry but I have seen what this does. If you want proof look only as far as the other Star Wars MMO. SOE had surveys with people who never played the game to help them decide very important things with the NGE. Do we really want something like that even remotely happening again?

Tyr

the mistake rift made was making a game for the 1%.

The 1% of course loved it, but the casuals were quitting in droves. Then in attempt to save the sinking ship they nerfed all the end game content so people outside the 1% might actually play it. This, of course, ticked off the 1% so they left as well.

qft ^^