best farmer set up?

Nohctra

just want to get some info from other players on a couple questions, ideas. So i want my main to have 2 crafting professions and slicing, and im setting up some old max level toons i dont play anymore to just afk missions for mats.

Taking into account 4 afk non played 75s

what are the best crew skills to have twice maxed over?

Are there any skills with super low material rates that should be doubled up early?

Any crafting that requires more than 1 mission/gathering ?

Also interested in how other people might set up the crew skills on multiple characters.

just want to get some info from other players on a couple questions, ideas. So i want my main to have 2 crafting professions and slicing,

I'll stop you there. You can have at the most one crafting crew skill per character. You can have any mix of mission and gathering skills alongside them, and you can even have no crafting skills at all, with three gathering and/or mission skills. For characters who do stuff in the field rather than sitting in a stronghold sending their crew on missions, I'd recommand three gathering rather than three mission or a mix, but do what you need to do to get the materials you want in balanced quanitites.

what are the best crew skills to have twice maxed over?

The ones that supply the crafting skill you have (or the crafting *skills* if you have more than one character craft), obviously. Especially if you have, say, Armormech and Armstech, where you should double-up on Scavenging since both of them use its materials.

Otherwise, if you're using Biochemistry at all, double-up on Diplomacy if you care at all about the light/dark alignment of your characters. Each of its missions has a light/dark theme, and gives extra points based on the theme. If you care about the light/dark thing, you should avoid the missions that give contrary theme-based points, and so it levels up more slowly than the others. (Point the mouse at the alignment symbol and it will show how many points of which type the mission gives you. For most skills, that matches the light/dark toggle https://i.imgur.com/aMQdyc6.jpg but for Diplomacy, they *also* give those theme-based points, which can be the opposite of what the toggle says. Unlike story missions and the points you get for conversations, Diplomacy awards both sets of points, not the difference.)

Are there any skills with super low material rates that should be doubled up early?

Probably Diplomacy, for the reason given above. (That is, not because it has low material rates, but because you might care enough about the alignment of your characters that you want to avoid the contrary points.)

Any crafting that requires more than 1 mission/gathering ?

All of them. They all use, at some point, Slicing stuff, and at grade 11 (level 601+) they *also* might use other non-slicing materials outside the two noted in their Codex entries.

Also interested in how other people might set up the crew skills on multiple characters.

One craft per character plus its basic gather/mission. Then other characters who gather in the field (I play multiple characters), for which Slicing is interesting since you can gather credits and send companions for slicing materials.

• 1 month later...

two bits of advice:

1. set yourself up to produce Embers, Solid Matrices, and craft Dark Projects. Focus on getting all mission companions on alts to level 50 and join a guild with Professional Training. To produce Embers you'll want three maxed slicing alts. To produce Solid Matrices you'll want as many alts as you can tolerate grinding 50k CQ a week. A dozen or more is easy to handle. To make Dark Projects, you need three ingredients each with its own supply chain. Every week you'll get to buy another Masters Compendium to level a companion. You can make 100 million credits a month with this setup.

2. Watch the GTN closely and pick a set of products that you think has sustainable volumes and prices. Backcalculate the implied values of all the inputs. Make sure the selling price is more profitable than simply grinding mats for sale. Account for crits. Once you find a product set, you need to brace yourself for the cost of grinding high value schematics from deconstruction. It can cost 100 million or more for each schematic. Set your alts up to produce the total materials input for the products you want to sell. Six companions on each input material will keep you busy plus three slicers.. Try to set the price so you sell at the same rate you can make your materials. If you sell too fast, you end up buying materials from other crafters following the observation at the end of bullet 1. When competing with other sellers its bad strategy to under cut price be more than a few credits.