Yeah I have an opinion, problem?!

LosMartonos

Everybody who feels happy about the new change from 3 to 1 minimum medals should look into his heart and think again about how good he really is. I know a healthy ego will always assume that you are at least decent, but let me tell you, no.

Also, I liked the reward decrease for losers. This motivated people SO MUCH to focus on the game, I could feel my teams playing better. Of course it's not bad now either, the new medal system is still awesome, so I'm not complaining, just want to let you know that if you like these changes, like specifically feeling happy about them, than you are bad.

Everybody who feels happy about the new change from 3 to 1 minimum medals should look into his heart and think again about how good he really is. I know a healthy ego will always assume that you are at least decent, but let me tell you, no.

The sad thing is that there are players already making threads and QQing about having to get one medal to receive WZ rewards. lawl

So sad. This game has some of the worst PvPers I've ever seen.

The 4 medal QQ was sort of justified by the people who came in late, and found their outnumbered team farmed. In those conditions it can be pretty hard to get 4 by the end.

But QQ about 1 MEDAL?! Woooow...

Edited by Stenrik

Yes, your opinion is a problem and so was the no rewards unless you had 3 medals issue. :D

I'm not sure that changing it to 1 medal to get rewards and boosting rewards was required. I would have been happy with 1 medal to get rewards period... something is better than nothing. Winning should be favored over lossing, but getting nothing when events were out of your control was something that had to go.

Also, I liked the reward decrease for losers. This motivated people SO MUCH to focus on the game, I could feel my teams playing better. Of course it's not bad now either, the new medal system is still awesome, so I'm not complaining, just want to let you know that if you like these changes, like specifically feeling happy about them, than you are bad.

It didn't motivate people, it made people quit the warzone if they were losing, oh and pretty pathetic on calling "bad" if they like the changes, very mature indeed.

Medal system BS needs to be reworked.

My suggestion:

Give everyone a flat reward in the BG.

Medals should be a progression based reward. For example, When a player performs a 2.5k Heal Medal in 5 matches, they will receive 30 Commendations when turned into a Medal Vendor or w/e. Much more fun thing to implement.

The sad thing is that there are players already making threads and QQing about having to get one medal to receive WZ rewards. lawl

So sad. This game has some of the worst PvPers I've ever seen.

I'll second that. There are some really bad, bad, bad people in this game. Like really bad.

My suggestion:

Medals should be a progression based reward. For example, When a player performs a 2.5k Heal Medal in 5 matches, they will receive 30 Commendations when turned into a Medal Vendor or w/e. Much more fun thing to implement.

Here is a movement I can get behind. Rewards based on participation over time... not necessarily in 1 game... would go a long way to improving overall PvP.

Yes, your opinion is a problem and so was the no rewards unless you had 3 medals issue. :D

I'm not sure that changing it to 1 medal to get rewards and boosting rewards was required. I would have been happy with 1 medal to get rewards period... something is better than nothing. Winning should be favored over lossing, but getting nothing when events were out of your control was something that had to go.

This. I stopped solo queuing because of the amount of times I was placed late into a game. The losing rewards had to be increased, or there must be a debuff for leaving to stop people from leaving WZs, they went with increasing rewards.

Edited by Bnol

My suggestion:

Maybe they could give participation ribbons too. Something that is mailed to your house for participating. Also, the scoreboard could say "Victory" for both sides and there would be no more score keeping.

I do have an opinion, and both of us are entitled to them ;)

I will say this... I can be bad at PvP and still enjoy it. Additionally, for someone to be good at PvP, someone else has to be bad. It's the way it works, someone will always be the winner and someone will always be the loser. That said, PvP should be enjoyable for everybody, not just the small percentage who are currently at the top... as this percentage scales with the number of people in the group. Remove the bad 95% and you'll have 95% of the original 5% who aren't happy getting nothing from a loss.

So basically, no matter how good you are at it as long as you're giving a reasonable effort PvP should be fun. The rewards allow you to move forward and keep up with other players. If you're bad at PvP, you shouldn't get worse. It's my opinion, which is shared by a lot of others, that you shouldn't even get rewards for winning or losing. Just play the game on an even ground and enjoy your score. I've held that opinion when I was in the top 5% (different game, different decade ><) and I hold it now.

First and foremost, games should be fun. Competitive play will grow out of that organically, it always does.

One or zero medal is almost the same thing (in huttball, it is), they simply tweaked a system which isn't working so that it gives the illusion it works.

While I think the 3 medals floor wasn't a good thing, lowering the floor to 1 medal simply isn't a good correction.

Hell... even giving medals for at least trying (taking 75k/300k damage, diying 10/25 times and so on) and taking this 3 medals floor would have made more sense.

Edited by JMCH