Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Update 5.10 - Jedi Under Siege

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Update 5.10 - Jedi Under Siege

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
09.25.2018 , 06:16 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDartAnarhist View Post
I did understand, you want the whole game going forward to be a personal phase, just for you. Well, this is simply ridiculous. I understand that people expected another KOTOR, that's why i said you are playing the wrong game. And i imagine you are a in a minority of the players who don't do group content (FPs, Ops, etc.), i enjoy playing solo but even i do group content from time to time, for one because it's required for completing story (Oricon, Iokath), and EA and Bioware won't just drop everything to accomodate you.
The fact that you claim I want the whole game to be a personal phase for me indicates that you do not in fact understand me in the slightest. How many times do I have to repeat myself? The single player story instances that are ALREADY single player story instances should give us this choice. For the third time, this will not and I am not asking it to affect prior content, operations, group flashpoints, planetary access, fleet access, etc...When I let Acina die in the single player instance, is she dead in your game? No. Not unless you also let her die. When I choose to spare Arcann, is he then alive for everyone else? On Iokath when you side with the opposite faction, are you then able to do group content with people from the opposite faction? No, because those are self contained single player instances. The choices and actions made within said instances will be acknowledged and reacted to inside those instances and nowhere else. That's how it's been for years. I don't know how much more clearly I can explain this, if you still claim not to understand or still claim that I want the entire game changed (which directly contradicts what I've said in all 3 posts) you're either trolling me or have a brain like a box of rocks.

iFenris's Avatar


iFenris
09.25.2018 , 06:22 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDartAnarhist View Post
I did understand, you want the whole game going forward to be a personal phase, just for you. Well, this is simply ridiculous. I understand that people expected another KOTOR, that's why i said you are playing the wrong game. And i imagine you are a in a minority of the players who don't do group content (FPs, Ops, etc.), i enjoy playing solo but even i do group content from time to time, for one because it's required for completing story (Oricon, Iokath), and EA and Bioware won't just drop everything to accomodate you.
I'm with this dude. I do not want any and future story to be "personal" phase. I want it to be a group phase. I wanna be able to complete any future story content within a group as I have 3 preferred guildies I always do story with. We all find story much more fun within a group. Especially when it comes to alignment choices.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
09.25.2018 , 12:33 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by iFenris View Post
I'm with this dude. I do not want any and future story to be "personal" phase. I want it to be a group phase. I wanna be able to complete any future story content within a group as I have 3 preferred guildies I always do story with. We all find story much more fun within a group. Especially when it comes to alignment choices.
Caveat: NOT *mandatory* groupness. Auto-scaling difficulty based on the number of players? Sure. But mandatory group? NO. Just no. Mandatory group content in the main story-line is my primary gripe(1) with FF14:ARR.

(1) Meaning that that is why I don't play it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

LordDartAnarhist's Avatar


LordDartAnarhist
09.25.2018 , 12:56 PM | #34
Nefla, fine, i don't inderstand you, and don't give a ****. Legitimate faction swapping in this game at this point just isn't feasible, the way i see it, they will just add 2 new factions which we will choose (it will appear like we choose between Reps and Imps, but in fact will not work exactly that), overall you will stay Imp or Rep, just going forward with story you will be appearing as a defector, but all previous content will still be for your original faction.

iFenris's Avatar


iFenris
09.26.2018 , 01:23 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Caveat: NOT *mandatory* groupness. Auto-scaling difficulty based on the number of players? Sure. But mandatory group? NO. Just no. Mandatory group content in the main story-line is my primary gripe(1) with FF14:ARR.

(1) Meaning that that is why I don't play it.
Oh. I was never meaning it had to grouped or nothing. But I'd prefer it to be able to be completed as a group like all the original Planet arcs and side missions where those could be grouped or solo'd. It(for me) is much more fun. Sorry for the confusuon of that. I suck at explaining stuffs...