So a Sorc and a Merc walk into a Flash point... Bioware pay attention

TrixxieTriss

This sounds like the beginning of an entertaining joke, but alas it’s an extremely bad joke pushed on us by Bioware.

My wife and I decide we’ll start doing some vet mode Objective Meridian runs to get some better gear.

We both have full 306 gear that’s augmented (but no set bonus).

I’m on lightning Sorc and my wife is Arsenal.

As we progress through each boss and they drop 302-304 “only” gear, I keep saying “it’s ok, we’ll get better stuff off the last boss”. NOPE!

The first last boss run I get a set piece head for a Sorc healer and it’s only got 304 internals. The rest of the drop for both of us is 302-304.

The second time through is more of the same 302-304 stuff (not even a random 306 internal) and my wife gets a tank set piece.

Thinking this must just be bad RNG, we decide to do another 3 (5 in total) and get ZERO 306 pieces and more healing stuff for my dps lightning Sorcs and my wife gets more tank drops for her Merc.

Bioware this is F’ING RIDICULOUS.

I’m not the only player reporting this and I’ve made other threads/posts about deception Sins getting tank drops. Other people are reporting getting healing stuff for the dps sorcs. Dps PTs and Mercs are reporting getting tank stuff.

If this was only an RNG problem, why the hell don’t we occasionally get the right drops for our specs? Why are they ALWAYS the wrong spec?

This has been reported in many threads, not just mine. So I’m not an isolated case. You fixed this drop problem on the pts and even added the ability to choose what spec you wanted stuff to drop for. NONE OF WHICH WORKS NOW.

Why can you fix it on the pts is a week, but it’s nearly 4 weeks live and still no fix or even an acknowledgement there is a problem.

Patience is now running thin as you can tell from my post. I tried to be nice in my earlier threads and I tried to provide proper, calm and rational feed back so you could fix it. But no, you can’t even acknowledge anyone who has posted this problem (not just me).

1. Do you read these threads

2. Do you care that people are frustrated with this and other problems like it not dropping your iRated gear

3. When will you acknowledge this is a problem and are working to fix it

4. When will this be fixed

5. How long do you expect players will accept this broken stuff before frustration drives them to unsub?

I look forward to a yellow post outlining you are working to fix this. But my expectations are now so low that you will even do that, so I’m going to let our subs lapse again at the end of the month.

I won’t even bother providing feed back why this time because I think the whole of the forums spells it out for you. If you haven’t worked out why people are unsubbing, I suggest you actually read the forums and communicate.

Only some classes seem to not be dropping correct gear, should pile up a list of those I'd suggest. All classes that I'm playing (currently just maras, juggs and operatives) get correct gear and I'm using disciplines for loot pretty much all the time with no issue.

I don't really run vet FPs so I can't contribute to that discussion. But MM FPs drop various gear 302-306 personal loot, most of which is 304, second most 306 and very few 302 (I'm 306 iLevel). I would assume vets would be less rewarding than MMs though.

Hardly any of the personalized loot is ever tactical or set bonus stuff (they do stop sometimes but are rare). Last boss drops a tactical or setbonus that goes to the partywide roll-pool, and that item seems to be always random, such as tactical for Sin tanks while there was no sins of any kind in the party. I don't think this was a bug or anything though, I assumed the general roll loot was always random (I could be wrong?), and just personalized loot was looking at your classes.

Edited by Kiesu

Only some classes seem to not be dropping correct gear, should pile up a list of those I'd suggest. All classes that I'm playing (currently just maras, juggs and operatives) get correct gear and I'm using disciplines for loot pretty much all the time with no issue.

I don't really run vet FPs so I can't contribute to that discussion. But MM FPs drop various gear 302-306 personal loot, most of which is 304, second most 306 and very few 302 (I'm 306 iLevel). I would assume vets would be less rewarding than MMs though.

Hardly any of the personalized loot is ever tactical or set bonus stuff (they do stop sometimes but are rare). Last boss drops a tactical or setbonus that goes to the partywide roll-pool, and that item seems to be always random, such as tactical for Sin tanks while there was no sins of any kind in the party. I don't think this was a bug or anything though, I assumed the general roll loot was always random (I could be wrong?), and just personalized loot was looking at your classes.

People have been documenting them over the last 4 weeks. Also my Rage Jugg gets tank drops too.

From my experience, you get a drop that is *usable* on your class. As in, you can equip it. Thing is, my heal sorc can equip madness/lightning sets and tacticals as well as generic inquisitor sets with bonuses to defense - suited better for a sin tank - as well as generic set suitable for any class like Preserver, Victor, Stimulated etc.

Of course those sets make no sense on a sorc healer, which is what you are complaining about. However I can equip them if I decide to. So the game drops them for me.

I have never received an item that I cannot use on my class when running solo (MM RR solo stealth on sin for example, too many times). I only received items I cannot use when I was in party for example with juggernaut and a Sith Warrior / Juggernaut specific set item or tactical dropped and I won the roll. However this item was always usable by some other person in group, though it could be a jugg tank that got a vengeance jugg tactical item - he can equip it, so the game considers it usable for him and it is present in droplist for them.

Imo the issue is that some tacticals and sets should be really restricted to a discipline rather than class, as my deception sin just does not have Wither or Death Field or such, so items modifying those skills make no sense to be equippable for him. Which would also remove them from the droplist.

That's really weird. I regularly do story mode version of this flashpoint to get the mods for my set bonus for other characters. It always drops 304 or 306 or a mix of both. (I'm fully 306 with set bonus on the character doing it.) The only time I appear to get lower drops is from the crate at the end after defeating the final boss which can sometimes have anything between 304/306 gear and mods all the way down to 292-300 stuff. (I've also never gotten 'wrong' drops that aren't for my class either.) Edited by Farferello

My wife and I decide we’ll start doing some vet mode Objective Meridian runs to get some better gear.

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE WAS YOUR MISTAKE.

Meridian DOES NOT DROP UNMODDABLE GEAR. It only drops GEAR WITH MODS INSIDE. Every single mod is a subject of its own RNG. and every low level mod lowers the level of item. And there 3 or 2 mods in every item.

If you run Meridian for good gear, you are basically hoping that RNG will constantly give you good mods 3 times in one gear piece. Do you understand how lucky you have to be for it?

RNG never goes away. Not even if you are full 306. All that changes is the area of numbers. If you full 306, you can still get 302-304 things. Pretty sure it's not a bug, it's a feature to slow us down and give us more stuff to destroy.

So, doing Meridian for good gear is the worst idea there is. Do literally anything else.

Edited by Gelious

Meridian DOES NOT DROP UNMODDABLE GEAR. It only drops GEAR WITH MODS INSIDE. Every single mod is a subject of its own RNG. and every low level mod lowers the level of item. And there 3 or 2 mods in every item.

If you run Meridian for good gear, you are basically hoping that RNG will constantly give you good mods 3 times in one gear piece. Do you understand how lucky you have to be for it?

RNG never goes away. Not even if you are full 306. All that changes is the area of numbers. If you full 306, you can still get 302-304 things. Pretty sure it's not a bug, it's a feature to slow us down and give us more stuff to destroy.

So, doing Meridian for good gear is the worst idea there is. Do literally anything else.

This is a helpful post. Hopefully people read it.

People have been documenting them over the last 4 weeks. Also my Rage Jugg gets tank drops too.

Interesting. Because mine isn't.

Could this be an issue that only affects certain accounts, or even certain servers? (I'm on Malgus)

I ran two vet FPs (alone) just to make sure that it's not mode related, nor side related problem. Chose Athiss for mirror runs, my results were the same for both sides, classes and loot disciplines mirrored:

During first boss kill I spec as tank, and my loot discipline was set to rage/focus. I gained DPS loot.

Second boss I spec as rage/focus, and my loot discipline was rage/focus. I gained DPS loot.

Third boss I spec as Rage/focus, and my loot discipline was set to tank. I gained tank loot.

See if you get same results.

This sounds like the beginning of an entertaining joke, but alas it’s an extremely bad joke pushed on us by Bioware.

We both have full 306 gear that’s augmented (but no set bonus).

I’m on lightning Sorc and my wife is Arsenal.

As we progress through each boss and they drop 302-304 “only” gear, I keep saying “it’s ok, we’ll get better stuff off the last boss”. NOPE!

The first last boss run I get a set piece head for a Sorc healer and it’s only got 304 internals. The rest of the drop for both of us is 302-304.

The second time through is more of the same 302-304 stuff (not even a random 306 internal) and my wife gets a tank set piece.

Thinking this must just be bad RNG, we decide to do another 3 (5 in total) and get ZERO 306 pieces and more healing stuff for my dps lightning Sorcs and my wife gets more tank drops for her Merc.

Bioware this is F’ING RIDICULOUS.

I’m not the only player reporting this and I’ve made other threads/posts about deception Sins getting tank drops. Other people are reporting getting healing stuff for the dps sorcs. Dps PTs and Mercs are reporting getting tank stuff.

If this was only an RNG problem, why the hell don’t we occasionally get the right drops for our specs? Why are they ALWAYS the wrong spec?

This has been reported in many threads, not just mine. So I’m not an isolated case. You fixed this drop problem on the pts and even added the ability to choose what spec you wanted stuff to drop for. NONE OF WHICH WORKS NOW.

Why can you fix it on the pts is a week, but it’s nearly 4 weeks live and still no fix or even an acknowledgement there is a problem.

Patience is now running thin as you can tell from my post. I tried to be nice in my earlier threads and I tried to provide proper, calm and rational feed back so you could fix it. But no, you can’t even acknowledge anyone who has posted this problem (not just me).

1. Do you read these threads

2. Do you care that people are frustrated with this and other problems like it not dropping your iRated gear

3. When will you acknowledge this is a problem and are working to fix it

4. When will this be fixed

5. How long do you expect players will accept this broken stuff before frustration drives them to unsub?

I look forward to a yellow post outlining you are working to fix this. But my expectations are now so low that you will even do that, so I’m going to let our subs lapse again at the end of the month.

I won’t even bother providing feed back why this time because I think the whole of the forums spells it out for you. If you haven’t worked out why people are unsubbing, I suggest you actually read the forums and communicate.

Here...I'll give you a reason to go Postal on Bioware...

Did SNV SM OP on my "light tank" It's 276 Rating with 2 x Pieces at 272 and a couple enhancements also at 272.

So what do I get from my entire run?

3 x 280 mods and 1 x 282 mod

3 x 280 Static gear drops

1 x 282 Static gear drop

You just gotta wonder....

=8-(

I think you guys are confused or have some misconception of what I mean. Let me simplify it.

* Run any flash point as dps spec’d Sorc, Merc, Sin, Jugg (master mode, story mode, veteran mode)

* It drops random DPS mods, non mod gear, weapons, and modded gear. (This part is not a problem)

* Does NOT drop appropriate iRated lvl gear. Only drops gear lower than iRating

* Does NOT drop DPS set bonus gear or tactical’s. It only drops Tank for Sin, Merc & Jugg. It only drops healing for Sorc.

1. Have now tested this it Red Reaper, Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders, Korriban Incursion, and the newest Flash Point.

2. It Does NOT drop appropriate set bonus gear or tactical’s for spec. Yes we occasionally get a generic item, but what we mostly get is tank gear for any class that “could also be a tank” and healer gear for Sorcs.

3. We don’t play either of those game specs on any of our Alts.

4. Have used the right click portrait feature to make sure the loot drop is set correctly. But this makes zero difference for set bonuses or tactical’s. THAT is the biggest issue for us. I now have a whole tank set and my wife has half a tank set

5. To rub salt into the wound and it drops iRated 302-304 gears 98% of the time when we are iRated 306. Most runs now don’t drop anything that is 306. Not even an internal in a modded item.

Now I know this isn’t happening to “everyone” but it is happening to enough people that it’s not isolated to just us. There is plenty of documentation from other players having the same or similar problems.

FYI, we are on Star Forge. I don’t know if that matters, but it shouldn’t.

Interesting. Because mine isn't.

Could this be an issue that only affects certain accounts, or even certain servers? (I'm on Malgus)

I ran two vet FPs (alone) just to make sure that it's not mode related, nor side related problem. Chose Athiss for mirror runs, my results were the same for both sides, classes and loot disciplines mirrored:

During first boss kill I spec as tank, and my loot discipline was set to rage/focus. I gained DPS loot.

Second boss I spec as rage/focus, and my loot discipline was rage/focus. I gained DPS loot.

Third boss I spec as Rage/focus, and my loot discipline was set to tank. I gained tank loot.

See if you get same results.

I think this might be why you haven’t got the issue. Because you do actually run as a tank and dps. So you can swap and it seems to “unlock” what ever is broken.

Plus I also get the feeling you are only talking about the normal dropped stuff, not the set bonus stuff. Which is what needs attention.

Actually YOU MISUNDERSTOOD what I mean.

I’m distinctly taking about no 306 stuff dropping. Wether it is inside modded gear or weapons, ear, implants or what ever.

I’m also discussing set bonuses which can drop anything inside them (which isn’t the issue).

The problem is it is DROPPING THE WRONG SET BONUS TYPES FOR THE SPECS.

And not dropping iRated 306 stuff at all, PERIOD, nada, nothing.

SO I CANT SEE HOW WE MADE ANY MISTAKE AT ALL!!

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Set bonuses and tactical’s. Not standard gear (which seems fine).

I have a feeling that the devs probably didn't ever set it to where you were guaranteed a drop for your spec when it comes to tacticals or set bonuses.

I have received a wide variety of all of these (have tons of alts, so far have geared loosely my inf. shadow main, guardian tank, merc dps, DoT-spec gunslinger and lightning sorc DPS imp main.) and have received both DPS and healer/tank drops for tacticals and set bonuses, as well as several generic set pieces for any class.

It honestly seems totally random to me, except when paired with a MM group, in which case it seems to drop something for the class (not necessarily the spec, though I'd say about 25% I get something spec specific).

I know you've been running just you two, which may skew your results compared to what I've seen, since if there's 2 sorcs in the group, who knows who it's dropping what for?

Just for fun, set your loot disciple to tank for a few runs to see if it makes a difference. It's really hard to say with RNG, especially since we don't know whether drops are equal or weighted in favor of support classes.

I have a feeling that the devs probably didn't ever set it to where you were guaranteed a drop for your spec when it comes to tacticals or set bonuses.

I have received a wide variety of all of these (have tons of alts, so far have geared loosely my inf. shadow main, guardian tank, merc dps, DoT-spec gunslinger and lightning sorc DPS imp main.) and have received both DPS and healer/tank drops for tacticals and set bonuses, as well as several generic set pieces for any class.

It honestly seems totally random to me, except when paired with a MM group, in which case it seems to drop something for the class (not necessarily the spec, though I'd say about 25% I get something spec specific).

I know you've been running just you two, which may skew your results compared to what I've seen, since if there's 2 sorcs in the group, who knows who it's dropping what for?

Just for fun, set your loot disciple to tank for a few runs to see if it makes a difference. It's really hard to say with RNG, especially since we don't know whether drops are equal or weighted in favor of support classes.

I mentioned in the other thread that I can see a pattern emerging for people not experiencing this issue.

1. They play both healer and dps and switch between them

2. They play both tank and dps and switch between them.

It’s not that they haven’t set the drop for specific gear specs, because they have.

If you are a tank, you only get tank set bonuses.

If you are a healer, you only get healer set bonuses (but do get accuracy for some stupid reason).

So it’s more than apparent that part works fine.

It seems to only affect players who play classes that have dual spec available, but only choose to play dps.

Actually YOU MISUNDERSTOOD what I mean.

I’m distinctly taking about no 306 stuff dropping. Wether it is inside modded gear or weapons, ear, implants or what ever.

I’m also discussing set bonuses which can drop anything inside them (which isn’t the issue).

The problem is it is DROPPING THE WRONG SET BONUS TYPES FOR THE SPECS.

And not dropping iRated 306 stuff at all, PERIOD, nada, nothing.

SO I CANT SEE HOW WE MADE ANY MISTAKE AT ALL!!

only certain tacticals and set bonuses drop from flashpoints, some of the decent ones drop from the new OPs and such, you wont find every piece of tactical or set bonus in the game just by doing FPs, its literally impossible because its not even on the loot table. just run master mode over and over for 306 pieces of armorings/enhance/mods or gear and weaps with mods in it, if you dont get any, your rng sucks, run again, thats how the game works. go do a MM HS like 4 times and im sure youll get 306 of anything at least. Veteran seems to drop 302-304 more often, MM drops 304 or 306 but mainly 304. also quote from patch notes

''Endless Offensive

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Volt Rush deals 10% more damage

(6) Energize now stack up to 3 times. Force Speed immediately recharges one Volt Rush ability charge.

Source: Increased drop chance from Dxun Operation bosses. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.''

''Gathering Storm

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Force Speed makes your next Force attack deal 20% more damage and Force attacks deal 20% more damage while Polarity Shift is active.

(6) Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift by 10 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after adds 10 seconds to its duration.

Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Operation bosses.''

Good luck trying to get any of em really from FPs when you got all the general sets and general tacticals involved in the same loot table, my guess being that they have a higher % of dropping with those set bonuses being super super low which could be the case, i mean 1% chance or something. along with the rest of the stuff for your class dropping from end fp bosses. not sure how great of a chance it is but tbh you're better off trying to get the gear and tacticals off the ones from the tech vendor until otherwise noted for a change or you get lucky.

Edited by tharlainmar

I mentioned in the other thread that I can see a pattern emerging for people not experiencing this issue.

1. They play both healer and dps and switch between them

2. They play both tank and dps and switch between them.

It’s not that they haven’t set the drop for specific gear specs, because they have.

If you are a tank, you only get tank set bonuses.

If you are a healer, you only get healer set bonuses (but do get accuracy for some stupid reason).

So it’s more than apparent that part works fine.

It seems to only affect players who play classes that have dual spec available, but only choose to play dps.

I don't play a healer (yet). I merely switch my loot discipline while playing as a dps to make sure I get drops for both (once I had everything I needed as dps, I starting looting for my healer. When I got enough for healer gear, I switched back to lightning to keep getting set bonuses. I haven't played as healer yet (gear is sitting tidy in bay waiting for me to go relearn my long-lost healing rotations.)

That's why I said you should try it out, just to see if it makes a difference (in the interest of more thorough bug reports). Just switch your Loot Discipline to Tank to see if you start getting DPS drops. Perhaps there's a toggle switch working incorrectly, lol.

In my experience, loot discipline only determines the type of mods u r getting. As in tanks will get tanky left side, dps heals will get dps heal left side etc.

Tho loot discipline has no bearing whatsoever on what kind of tacticals or set bonus pieces u get at the end, if any.

And btw, vets r utter garbage to get gear, i almost never see 306s from there, so just stopped doing them entirely.

I think this might be why you haven’t got the issue. Because you do actually run as a tank and dps. So you can swap and it seems to “unlock” what ever is broken.

Plus I also get the feeling you are only talking about the normal dropped stuff, not the set bonus stuff. Which is what needs attention.

Ah. When you're saying "Everything is for the wrong spec", I literally thought _everything_ was for the wrong spec. But hey, if you think fieldrespec might fix it, it's only 200k to test and you get to keep it forever. I don't normally switch specs middle of fp though, this was just for testing.

The tacticals that need attention, are you talking about the last-boss drops that everyone can roll for, or the 1% personal drop tacticals? Cuz I'm fairly sure the last boss party drop was never supposed to be for your specific class to begin with.

The low roll personal drops I'm not sure about because everything I've gotten as personal set/tactical loot has been generic loot everyone can wear like entertainer sets and relic proc tacticals.

And the loot haul for vets was lower than I usually get in MMs and I'm sure that's intended as well. Harder stuff bigger prizes and so on.

Edited by Kiesu

Which makes me wonder if the set bonus stuff is actually subject to this loot filter at all or if it's purposefully straight RNG regardless of class or spec.

Normal loot is fine but when I open crates that contain set bonus items like the conquest crates, it's all over the place. So I wonder if depending on the source of the loot there might be different rules for the RNG, intentionally or not.

Can not believe anyone is still even half defending this PoS Gearing System.

It's a joke, and anyone who is playing along is a fool.

Because you played along Bioware will be completely comfortable adding ever more RNG Grind.

Well done, you've helped them ruin the game.

All The Best