Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Spec.

CavemanDaPirate
01.26.2012 , 08:29 PM | #1
currently, im not sure how viable rage spec is, but one thing that irks me about it is how inferior it seems for a jugg compared to a marauder.

one would think since its a shared spec, it holds equal value to both. both juggernauts and marauders should get equal use out of speccing rage. but every saber-based ability will hit with the offhand as well, if youre a marauder. so without any damage increasing talents in the rage spec for using one saber instead of two, theres no use for this entire spec as a jugg.

Redial
01.26.2012 , 08:45 PM | #2
For jugg it synergizes with veng tree. From what I hear it's actually better for jugs in pvp (30% smash)

Soulfighter
01.26.2012 , 10:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CavemanDaPirate View Post
currently, im not sure how viable rage spec is, but one thing that irks me about it is how inferior it seems for a jugg compared to a marauder.

one would think since its a shared spec, it holds equal value to both. both juggernauts and marauders should get equal use out of speccing rage. but every saber-based ability will hit with the offhand as well, if youre a marauder. so without any damage increasing talents in the rage spec for using one saber instead of two, theres no use for this entire spec as a jugg.
did you even read the tree ? smash, force choke, force crush and force scream are force abilities and don't use the offhand light saber, only obliterate does. On the other hand, Smash will deal 30% more dmg with a juggernaut AND you'll tank better then a marauder.

We have Berserker to make up for it though (which i'd glady trade for the 10% dmg reduction from armor and the 20% dodge jugg get from gear)