Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Started seeing "Sorc healer for..." for the first time last night.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Started seeing "Sorc healer for..." for the first time last night.

Kwyn
01.19.2012 , 04:52 PM | #21
This just goes to show that you never know!!!

Last night, there was a group LF healer for hardmodes that very specifically stated that they were only looking for a bodyguard. They were at it for a good 20 minutes so the fact that they no doubt turned away several sorc/ops while they waited seems interesting to say the least

Doki
01.19.2012 , 04:59 PM | #22
Anyoen who has played at lvl 50 can tell you that Sorc/Sage is embarrassingly better at just about everything than the other two healers.

PvE is pretty easy in this game, so right now I've had no issues healing in PvE in HMs (wipes are only ever caused by DPS not getting out enough damage before enrage timers hit).

In PvP though, the difference is much more stark. Sorc/Sage can outheal the other classes, while pumping out 10x more damage AND having huge amounts of utility (Huttball!). If I could insta-switch I would.

First balance patch will be very telling in which direction this game will head...
Quote:
As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we donít agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

Lazzerswords
01.19.2012 , 05:22 PM | #23
It's the paladin/ priest problem all over again. I remember nobody wanted my pally to heal for them. Once people figure out how powerful IA healer are.....

Damukag
01.19.2012 , 05:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazzerswords View Post
It's the paladin/ priest problem all over again. I remember nobody wanted my pally to heal for them. Once people figure out how powerful IA healer are.....
People realizing they're powerful would require them actually being powerful. They're really not. They can handle healing most PvE because most PvE doesn't require minmaxing (yet), but there's nothing they can do a Sorc can't do better.
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."

-Arthur Dent

DrekorSilverfang
01.19.2012 , 05:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FriarChuggs View Post
Most of the garbage you see in general chat/forums is just hype. Sorcs aren't the best healers, Juggs aren't worthless in pvp, powertechs aren't invincible. Played well all of the classes can succeed at an extraordinarily high level of raiding/grouping/pvp. Just focus on getting good at your class and don't let some idiots perceptions shape your gameplay. You will find groups as a merc healer if you do a good job. Don't sweat it.
Statistically, theoretically and practically Sorcs ARE the best healers.

Other healers can certainly succeed but they struggle where sorcs are half asleep rolling faces on keyboard. And when it comes to raiding most people want to get loot as easily as possible. Considering this thread is about and the fact I've seen similar it's pretty obvious more and more people are starting to be specific about getting a sorc healer because it's flat out better and easier to run FPs with a sorc.

Ronamo
01.19.2012 , 09:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuckervb View Post
Lets face it Sorc plays like the standard healer from almost everyother MMO(no offense). Their force acts just like mana with the ability to have better regen through willpower.
Wait, what? Unless you're referring the ability to use Consumption / Noble Sacrifice and then heal oneself, this is patently untrue unless I've missed something very important in the Sorcerer / Sage skill trees, which I'm not discounting as a possibility.

Unless you go with the second tier Lightning / Telekinetics skill to stack a force-regen increasing buff with Lightning Strike or Disturbance, or with the third tier Madness / Balance skill related to ticks of Force Lightning / Telekinetic Throw, there aren't any force regeneration modifiers to be found.
The Duluoz Legacy || Krayt Dragon
Benway | Cassidy Seward | Bul'lee Lebris Ti'Jean

prochuvi
01.19.2012 , 10:21 PM | #27
really what is wrong with every sorc saying that it isnt balanced? it is really easy to see.
aoe damage on raid.
sage use salvation and heal to 16 people and after heal single.
sawbone cast hot aoe on 4 people and cast hot single.
trooper cast aoe heal to 3 people and heal single.

yes it is very balanced.
we arent asking for fix to resources or single healing,we are asking for balance to aoe heal as now it is VERY imbalanced

Valan
01.20.2012 , 12:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CEAF View Post
This difference alone causes a big gap. For example, first boss of EV is vastly easier with Sorc healer. In fact on HM/NiM I think it's impossible to do it without one.

Both Merc and Op AoE healing needs to become on par with the Sorc.
It's not impossible, we did hardmode Droid tonight with 2 Operatives healing. It sure would have been nice to have a Sorc though
Tactician, Operative of Rapture
a 16 player Operations guild on The Shadowlands

CEAF
01.20.2012 , 09:53 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Valan View Post
It's not impossible, we did hardmode Droid tonight with 2 Operatives healing. It sure would have been nice to have a Sorc though
Props to your DPS. (and healers of course )

bobudo
01.20.2012 , 10:51 AM | #30
NOTE: I did not read through all the posts; perhaps someone has already said this; I apologize is that is the case.

Regarding Sage/Sorc being the only viable healer:

This is not completely true.

Yes, Sage/Sorc currently have significant advantages in PvE healing - bubble, armor buff and multiple different healing spells in no significant order - compared to other classes.

But, as an Operative healer, I have noticed one area where Operative/Smuggler ought to have an advantage over Sorc/Sage ---> Duration healing.

When things go right for the Op/Smug healer - i.e. the group knows how to play, tank gets aggro and uses defensive cooldowns appropriately, dps doesn't take aggro too often, people are aware of their surroundings, etc. - we can heal forever.

This may also be true for the Sage/Sorc if they are actively managing their force and not spamming (I don't know enough about the math behind Sage/Sorc costs vs. 8 force regen/sec vs. free procs), but I frequently notice Sorc healers having to use consumption during a fight.

That's fine, because I've got enough resources to heal them back up, because I rarely need to dump all my energy (and never twice during 2 mins).

So there's the main "strength" area I've found for Op/Smug healing - we are built to heal for the long fight.

.2Ę