Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Started seeing "Sorc healer for..." for the first time last night.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Started seeing "Sorc healer for..." for the first time last night.

Sticksabbi
01.18.2012 , 04:03 PM | #11
Don't know about that, I think Mercs are the best single target healers in the game. We struggle a bit with healing multiple people but it's not impossible. Could just be there is a shortage of good merc healers on your server. As a merc healer myself I know we can be good, but we have to work hard for it.

Wintor
01.18.2012 , 04:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sticksabbi View Post
Don't know about that, I think Mercs are the best single target healers in the game. We struggle a bit with healing multiple people but it's not impossible. Could just be there is a shortage of good merc healers on your server. As a merc healer myself I know we can be good, but we have to work hard for it.
Totally agree with you. Not only can they be good, I think they're a fun style to play as well. That's part of the reason I'm not real happy about seeing only Sorc healer requests running through LFG. I really like playing my merc! I don't want to sit on the sidelines with him though.

My point isn't what we as merc healers know or think... it's that we might be seen by the player base as not as desirable to give a raid spot (as stated above, no battle rez being a good reason, and other threads state sub par aoe heals, equal or sub par single target heals. The merc forums spell it out pretty well). Heck, I think if we just had battle rez, and then say, okay, mercs are never going to be great aoe healers, but can main tank heal, I'd be fine with that. We have armor, so I'm willing to give up aoe dominance. Just not basic utilities other classes have that say, "We must have Sorc healer in our raid."

When I start seeing some requests for merc healers specifically, it'll be a happy day.

Darieltis
01.18.2012 , 05:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintor View Post
I went merc heals on a whim starting the game and have been really enjoying playing him. I like the style of healing and coming from years of WoW healing, it seems a bit refreshing.

However, I do have an eye on endgame, and of course now I'm seeing Sorc/Sage are THE healers to take on HM's and OPs. At first I didn't think much of it and figure I'll still find my spot in a raid, which I may (only 34 right now).

Last night fleet chat has me worried though. For the first time I started seeing a TON of requests for Sorc heals. Not asking for a "healer," but a Sorc healer. And of course, I've also started messing with a Jugg tank, and last night all I see is requests for Powertech tank. Ugh.

Anyway, I hope Bioware takes notice and gives the Merc healers a bit of a buff to be competitive. Having been around MMOs for awhile, I know things eventually balance out so I'm not jumping ship on my main yet... but a Sorc healer is looking very appealing right now.
IMO, this forum is part of the problem too...we are creating hype that tells the rest of the community that every other healer is inferior. Congratulations, the community believes you.
No, try not! Do, or do not. There is no try!
~Yoda

prochuvi
01.18.2012 , 05:35 PM | #14
nobody have said that merc/combat medic are useless and cant heal fp or op.
we can heal fp or op very well.
but we are calling for fix to the aoe heal,why the sage have unlimited aoe heal and trooper have 3people limited heal?
and why the sage have better single heal when he have also the best aoe?
every heal can heal fp or op but the sage is better on all so this forum is full with post of overpowers sages

Damukag
01.19.2012 , 03:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darieltis View Post
IMO, this forum is part of the problem too...we are creating hype that tells the rest of the community that every other healer is inferior. Congratulations, the community believes you.
People figure these things out for themselves. It's not like someone woke up one day and decided "I'm going to make a post that Sages are better than all other healers" and then it snowballed from there. If you deleted every post on this forum completely and erased everyone's memory of them ever having existed, I'd bet money that in 1-2 weeks it'd already be filled back up with 'Sages are the best healer' posts.
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."

-Arthur Dent

HellionX
01.19.2012 , 08:31 AM | #16
I don't get it? Have you people played all of the healing classes past 30 or 40? I have, Sorc's ARE the best healers FOR PVE and Raids and PVP.

ok sure this or that is a great single target healer bla bla ... so is Mako! For a real healer a true healer for every situation the sorc IS better? Why is everyone denying this and making excuses. What we should be doing is getting on the same team and asking the dev's for a tweak.. I would much rather play my merc he is just more fun. He is NOT as an effective healer though.

Stop all this ... L2P nonscence and everything is fine ignore the elephant behind you. Lets all be truthful and get things worked out .... together!

Admittedly the other healing classes are not wow this is terrible. But they simply are not on par.

CEAF
01.19.2012 , 01:29 PM | #17
The AoE healing imbalance between the classes should be the first thing addressed.

This difference alone causes a big gap. For example, first boss of EV is vastly easier with Sorc healer. In fact on HM/NiM I think it's impossible to do it without one.

Both Merc and Op AoE healing needs to become on par with the Sorc.

Tuckervb
01.19.2012 , 03:42 PM | #18
I think a part of the issue here besides just toolsets is resource managemnet.

Lets face it Sorc plays like the standard healer from almost everyother MMO(no offense). Their force acts just like mana with the ability to have better regen through willpower.

Ops/Mercs, use an energy/heat system that are just opposite of eachother (loose energy/build heat). This gives us a much harder time in burst situations because of the inherently smaller resource pool.

Now I dont want this misconstrude in anyway I love my new Resource mechanic but it is taking alot of getting use to. I play an OP and managing Energy, TA and stimboost, and Kolto probs, gets a little overwhelming.

As far as the AoE imbalances go its worth looking into but we need some valid ideas for update before calling for fixes.

At the moment for Ops, (cant speak for mercs) we got one 31point talen that is an AoEhot. Only change to that spell to bring it on par with the Sorc would be for our AoE to also refreash our hot we put on people.
{█⣿|⣿⣿||⣿⣿|*█|([███████████████████████████████████████)

FriarChuggs
01.19.2012 , 03:56 PM | #19
Most of the garbage you see in general chat/forums is just hype. Sorcs aren't the best healers, Juggs aren't worthless in pvp, powertechs aren't invincible. Played well all of the classes can succeed at an extraordinarily high level of raiding/grouping/pvp. Just focus on getting good at your class and don't let some idiots perceptions shape your gameplay. You will find groups as a merc healer if you do a good job. Don't sweat it.

Darieltis
01.19.2012 , 04:16 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FriarChuggs View Post
Most of the garbage you see in general chat/forums is just hype. Sorcs aren't the best healers, Juggs aren't worthless in pvp, powertechs aren't invincible. Played well all of the classes can succeed at an extraordinarily high level of raiding/grouping/pvp. Just focus on getting good at your class and don't let some idiots perceptions shape your gameplay. You will find groups as a merc healer if you do a good job. Don't sweat it.
And above all, remember that skill > class!
No, try not! Do, or do not. There is no try!
~Yoda