Allow more than 1 companion to be used at a time.

SteppinRazor

We have so many wonderful and cool companions to join us on our adventures, but I find myself never using more than 1 or 2. I would love the ability to have a team of 2 or 3 companions along with the player to come along on our adventures. Like a real team. Havoc Squad should go on missions together for expample!

So I BEG please to be able to adventure with more than 1 companion, please. Thank you for your time and consideration.

We have so many wonderful and cool companions to join us on our adventures, but I find myself never using more than 1 or 2. I would love the ability to have a team of 2 or 3 companions along with the player to come along on our adventures. Like a real team. Havoc Squad should go on missions together for expample!

So I BEG please to be able to adventure with more than 1 companion, please. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Signed. Some story mission (forgot which one) already sort of have this. You are only playing with one, but all your companions have tasks during that mission, and they are in the cutscenes. I also enjoyed the end of Yavin story line, where you met with Darth Marr, Satele Shan, Lana, Theron and so on to beat Revan.

I don't see how it would unbalance anything, like previous poster said. Companions are OP as it is, so having two of them wouldn't make any difference. Companions are not allowed in ops or pvp, and we are already using them in flashpoints. When 2-3 manning fps, we already use 1-2 companions in a group. So no difference there either.

It is and MMORPG if you want HAVOC squad to go out, then team up with the real people! :)

Definitely not, one companion is already waaaaay to overpowered, with two me a as a character will have to do totally nothing, just put myself in Phase, click companions to attack (one heal, one dps) and go to make a coffe...

Edited by XaronTN

Sorry but this would really really break the whole game. Nothing is really hard to be fair but if you could have 2 or 3 comps with you then you could freaking solo ops more or less. And if people think the game is lagging now from time to time then bringing in 3 comps each would most likely make it crash. Edited by ConnyJoh

It is and MMORPG if you want HAVOC squad to go out, then team up with the real people! :)

Definitely not, one companion is already waaaaay to overpowered, with two me a as a character will have to do totally nothing, just put myself in Phase, click companions to attack (one heal, one dps) and go to make a coffe...

except, they won't be OP anymore if what's been said on the PTS is true...lol.

Good Idea! Wanted that happen for years because player group is just getting old and needs to be a option choice. Not many players not going to show up on time to group with you under player group. Flash point mission rule need 4 group. OP mission you need 8 group. You set each one companion to Heal, Tank, Damage like 2 healers, 1 Tank and your character is tank or 1 healer, 1Tank, 1 damage and your character is tank for flash point. OP mission you can set 1 to 4 companions to heal, 2 companions do tank, 1 companion do damage and your character doing tank.

You only can allowed 2 companions at the same time with your class story. When your character is near the world boss in range on the map you can use 7 companions with your character. The game system will say you are max for 8 group if you try summon out more. Same way for max of 4 for flash point. Same way for max for 8 for OP mission. You need to be near the flash point or OP mission in range on the map for letting you summon out numbers of companions you like. Arena match under Eternal Empire that you need 4 and because of high numbers of mobs was not a fair match. Also wanted companions have modify status included work with companions influence. Some players on the left wanted the none modify bonus or taking away the modify bonus status away from companions is taking away from customers wanted to stay in the game. This is why we need a switch added inside game options for turn on companions modify bonus status or turn off. This could bring in more customers inside the online game brings more business. The left don't wanted us have a option to play OP missions and flash points.

Easily one of my favorite aspects of the original class storylines were the climactic missions which involved all of your character's companions, not just one. Havoc Squad's assault on the Gauntlet at the end of the Trooper's Chapter II, the Jedi Consular and his/her companions leading squads of Voss commandos aboard the Javelin over Corellia, the Bounty Hunter having just one brief opportunity to lead his/her entire team into battle with a group of Imperial guards aboard Darth Tormen's flagship, the Tyrant ...

One of my very first characters was a Jedi Knight. After I finished Coruscant, I spent a long while assembling the best equipment and Item Modifications I could find for my Knight, T7-01, and Kira Carsen. (This was back when gear still mattered for companions.)

While I was on Taris, I found myself frequently switching back and forth between T7 and Kira because, after all the effort I went to to equip them, I didn't want any of it to go to waste, so I used them both as much as I could. I wished that I could just have them both with me at the same time, and that's when I began reflecting on how cool it would be if I could.

I'm not sure if it would be feasible to allow players to have multiple companions with them as a matter of normal course. The developers would have to program every opponent, every battle in the game to account for player characters with no companions, one companion, multiple companions ... It would get very messy.

What I'd like to see is for the developers to add a new type of mission to the game. Similar to the Heroic missions, but instead of being designed for a group of players, these missions would be designed for player characters and two or more of their companions. Upon accepting this mission and entering the instance for it, your character would be allowed to summon two, three, or four companions, but only as long as you're in the instance. And the enemies would be designed to fight characters with multiple companions. I think that would be pretty cool.

The only place I could possibly see this being a good thing (and even then I'm not sold on it) is for group content like Ops. Myself, I'd like to play through more Ops, but I don't have the time to join a guild and get a decent group together. Group Finder's not too bad for this but you can wait for ages and not actually get a group. Being able to take companions into them would allow me to play the content.

That said, this game is an MMO. You're supposed to play with others. If you want to do group content, find people to do it with. So many of the FPs these days have a story mode for you to play through with a companion and the OP droid, do we really want to do that for all the content?

The game isn't hard enough for general story missions to need anything more than 1 companion, having 2 or more would be overkill.

I would like to find something to do with companions though. I was collecting all of them and I have so many now and I only really use one on my main. Being able to have more than 3 crew skills and assign certain companions to them would be an interesting idea, although not without a large impact on the crafting economy.

I just had an idea. Maybe something similar to Auto Chess. It's a 1v1 setup, your companions versus someone else's, with your player character in there as well. Could be interesting. It could also devolve into every companion being a healer and nobody actually winning as well haha.