Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaizersan
10.31.2017 , 09:07 PM | #431
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Yeah. You're right. If you believe the false idea that they don't read the forums despite their direct responses to many of the topics raised in the forums and elsewhere, then you would have such a cynical view of BW.

To everyone complaining about the lack of content: You have no idea what the cost is for the purchase of a single new server, let alone five. No dying game puts forth that kind of money. They very well likely had to choose between getting new and improved servers, and a huge content update. And if anyone says the content is more important, let me ask you this: Are you willing to put up with server queue issues becoming more frequent, among other problems that will soon show up, like missing items or even characters never to be recovered?

The fact that they're putting out what they are at the same time is a good sign, and a good thing. Personally, I'm willing to be mature, accept the situation, and not rage quit over what I *think* is going on, especially since I am not there. Are you?
No company would kill off the reason to play for the west coast and APAC region but BW did so explain that stupid move.

Costello
11.03.2017 , 08:26 PM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hi all,

We’ll use the next two weeks to smooth out any kinks and resolve any performance issues encountered.

Cheers!

-Keith--
With the two weeks pretty much being up and no new posts in relation to this to let us know how it has gone, how has smoothing out any kinks and resolving the performance issues gone?

Banthabreeder
11.03.2017 , 08:45 PM | #433
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
With the two weeks pretty much being up and no new posts in relation to this to let us know how it has gone, how has smoothing out any kinks and resolving the performance issues gone?
Nope, I live in So California and my ping has gone from 32 to now 96/133/150 (it floats around those numbers). I get spikes up to 300 on some of my chars and thus makes pvp a sad joke to play. On some of my other chars, which I don't understand this, they get spikes up to 3000, no bars, sometimes red X and are impossible to play, anything! (I'll be submitting a ticket on that issue).

So no, performance has not gotten better now that they forced us all to be on East Coast servers.

I'm starting to think they did this on purpose to sabotage the game. By making the game unplayable to a large percent of the population, forcing those people leave, thus the numbers drop and at the next big corporate meeting they realize the game is dead and pulls the plug. Why else on earth would someone make such stupid decision to piss off SO MANY of their subscribers other than to make the game unplayable anymore and not profitable?

[Edit] By the way, my internet connection DL speed is 110, UL speed is 10. I have one hell of a good connection and I was playing just fine before the move.

[Edit 2] Ok, it's now all my chars that are getting lag spikes up to 3000 and higher. Full bars, red dot, Full bars, red dot, red X, Full bars, over and over continuously. I can't play this game anymore. The last 3 nights I've tried and is impossible. I click on an action and it may happen or it may take up to 5 secs to happen. It feels like when the game first launched and was unplayable for about 3 months till they dicked around with whatever and got the connections stabilized. I just resubbed for 6 months and I swear, if this ain't fixed I'll demand a full refund and never come back. This is appalling.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

JEDIKATT
12.09.2017 , 10:15 PM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by banthabreeder View Post
nope, i live in so california and my ping has gone from 32 to now 96/133/150 (it floats around those numbers). I get spikes up to 300 on some of my chars and thus makes pvp a sad joke to play. On some of my other chars, which i don't understand this, they get spikes up to 3000, no bars, sometimes red x and are impossible to play, anything! (i'll be submitting a ticket on that issue).

So no, performance has not gotten better now that they forced us all to be on east coast servers.

I'm starting to think they did this on purpose to sabotage the game. By making the game unplayable to a large percent of the population, forcing those people leave, thus the numbers drop and at the next big corporate meeting they realize the game is dead and pulls the plug. Why else on earth would someone make such stupid decision to piss off so many of their subscribers other than to make the game unplayable anymore and not profitable?

[edit] by the way, my internet connection dl speed is 110, ul speed is 10. I have one hell of a good connection and i was playing just fine before the move.

[edit 2] ok, it's now all my chars that are getting lag spikes up to 3000 and higher. Full bars, red dot, full bars, red dot, red x, full bars, over and over continuously. I can't play this game anymore. The last 3 nights i've tried and is impossible. I click on an action and it may happen or it may take up to 5 secs to happen. It feels like when the game first launched and was unplayable for about 3 months till they dicked around with whatever and got the connections stabilized. I just resubbed for 6 months and i swear, if this ain't fixed i'll demand a full refund and never come back. This is appalling.
my lag is the same with red x dc / so im subed and cant do team stuff my lag will get others killed / swtor has turned in to the irl verson of sword art online mmo
HIT THIS LINK TO GET GREAT STARTER ITEMS
http://www.swtor.com/r/LcYwCr
CAPITAL LETTERS needed to be used in game AND IN SWTOR SITE to communicate with this player

spectreclees
12.09.2017 , 10:56 PM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by JEDIKATT View Post
my lag is the same with red x dc / so im subed and cant do team stuff my lag will get others killed / swtor has turned in to the irl verson of sword art online mmo
Don't bump old threads. Pay attention to the date. People will likely not have the same issue you did since this thread is a month old.
Referral link for 7 days of free game time and a starter pack.

Zerileth
12.09.2017 , 11:24 PM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Don't bump old threads. Pay attention to the date. People will likely not have the same issue you did since this thread is a month old.
Seriously? You're necro-thread policing a one month old thread? What do you do when someone necros a 1 year old thread? Or a 3 year old thread?

Who seriously cares?
. <--------just this little red dot

BenduKundalini
12.10.2017 , 04:08 AM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
Seriously? You're necro-thread policing a one month old thread? What do you do when someone necros a 1 year old thread? Or a 3 year old thread?

Who seriously cares?
Ludicrous indeed

Toxiyk
01.03.2018 , 05:01 AM | #438
Complaining about having more than 30 ping? Wow. Just. Wow.
Australians have to deal with between 300 and 400 ping. Bunch of whiny little babies the lot of you.

countdemons
01.03.2018 , 07:03 AM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxiyk View Post
Complaining about having more than 30 ping? Wow. Just. Wow.
Australians have to deal with between 300 and 400 ping. Bunch of whiny little babies the lot of you.
APAC players? Thought Bioware murdered you all?
Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
TOFN - TRE
Harbinger
KoTFE - Death of end game raiding http://www.swtor.com/r/xTdy9B

TrixxieTriss
01.03.2018 , 07:29 AM | #440
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemons View Post
APAC players? Thought Bioware murdered you all?
Some of us hid under a rock as Bioware stomped about decapitating the rest of the APAC community. It’s now safe to come out because they are on holidays

Seriously though, I’ve now got to pay an extra $14 a month on top of my normal sub to play this game because I now have to use WTFast to get lower ping. Without it I get 295ms - 379ms. With it I get 260ms - 290ms (depending on the server)

To hear another person complain about 30ms is just so, so, sad. I can imagine that 30ms must be gut renching for them. How do they play with it? If I was them I would just unistall and leave a nasty msg on the forums about how 30ms ping ruins the game